[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here ever been to Albania? If so, what was your experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: ClXTXK2UsAAjNDo.jpg (70KB, 634x478px) Image search: [Google]
ClXTXK2UsAAjNDo.jpg
70KB, 634x478px
Has anyone here ever been to Albania? If so, what was your experience like? What are some things to see? I'm thinking of going there this upcoming spring because why the fuck not.
>>
>>1156800
>visiting Albania
>ever
Just go to Greece or Croatia, hell, even Bosnia.
Albania is a culture-less nationalistic shithole. The most you can see are their bunkers left off from Enver Hoxha and their shitty statue of Skenderbeg. There's a reason why their diaspora is so huge, nobody wants to live in Albania.
>>
>>1157151
Don't listen to this guy, Albania is great. There are some beautiful places like Berat and Gjirokaster, the nature in the north is amazing (great mountains, and the Koman Lake is incredible), the food is great, people are the friendliest in Europe, hitchhiking is easy and everything is cheap. And you can meet some interesting travellers there.
>>
>>1157330
naw, fuck albania. the balkans are real hit or miss. and albania is a miss unless you like recreational suicide bombing.
>>
>>1156800
not even Albanians like Albania, hell there is a reason why in every movie show, simpsons etc. Albania is taken as the shithole epitome of the world.
>>
>>1157330
>people are the friendliest in Europe
:|

Anyway, you can get the same nature (even better) in other parts of the Balkans.
>>
ITT buttmad slavs and serbs

anyway you should definitely go. tirana has good food and music but gets dull kind of fast, the north is great as another ann said, definitely recommend koman lake too.
>>
>>1156800
>>>1156800
>not even Albanians like Albania, hell there is a reason why in every movie show, simpsons etc. Albania is taken as the shithole epitome of the world.
being from slovenia, id wager its more because americans are fucking stupid when it comes to europe
>>
>>1157589
>le Anti-Americanism meme

I'm German and have no desire whatsoever to ever visit Albania.
>>
I've always been interested in Albania, but the Albanian people do weird me out a bit. What got them started on that Ilyrian myth and pretending they own half of southern europe?

Their food is good tho and I have met some hot albanian women
>>
>>1157592
>Their food
You mean Turkish food?
>>
>>1157592
Their handle on history is a bit weird and they celebrate a hero (Skanderberg) that culturally they should probably hate... but whatever, they're super nice and friendly and generous. Apart from in Sri Lanka, I've never experienced such selflessness and generosity and a genuine eagerness to help anywhere else.
>>
>>1157645
That's why I'm interested in going, mostly. Every Albanian I've known has been a total bro, even if I think they all need a history lesson. I guess they were lacking cultural identity after the fall of the Ottoman Empire and had to kind of just make up shit. Some Albanians I met were very blonde and light and some were dark and literally looked Arab or Turkish so I'm confused about them and excited to learn. I wonder how the countryside is there, and how easy it is to get to Greece from there.
>>
>>1157713
The countryside in the north is absolutely beautiful and I've heard great things about the beaches (but I never visited them because beaches aren't really my thing). My main incentive for going was the generosity and kindness of the people... if that's also your incentive, you really won't be disappointed. Especially in more remote areas.
>>
>>1158209
>muh generosity and kindness
Try going to Afghanistan. They'll kill their only goat to give to you - the guest.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.