[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UK here. I was driving in Germany yesterday and noticed a speed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 20160623231428_1.jpg (2MB, 3648x2048px) Image search: [Google]
20160623231428_1.jpg
2MB, 3648x2048px
UK here.
I was driving in Germany yesterday and noticed a speed camera flashed me.
They wouldn't send that bill to my address in the UK, would they?
>>
Of course they will.
>>
well that sucks.
I won't be back home to england for another 30 days.
hope it isn't too much and hope there's no late fee
>>
>>1155712
Did you fall for the "no speed limits in Germany" meme? Germans take their speed laws very seriously. They'll go exactly 80km/h in an 80 zone and then floor it to 260km/h once in a limitless zone and then back to 120km/h within a second once the speed limit is back.

If you had a German license you'd get a hundred and something Euro fine and several month ban. Since you're a brit you'll probably just get the fine in the mail. Should have left the EU sooner.
>>
>>1155727
Do they send you the fine that quickly in the UK?
I was caught in a speed trap at the end of june, and I still haven't gotten the fine.
>>
>>1155737
This.
A lot of towns and cities have permanent speed cameras installed.
On my way to work for the early shift, i used to speed through a small town with 70km/h or so, but now i'm forced to drive 50km/h because of the speed camera.
>>
>>1155712
Whoa do people there usually cover their license plates like that?
>>
55 km/h in a 50-zone in Switzerland cost me 111 euros. They sent it to Germany within four weeks.
>>
>>1155737
>hundred and something Euro fine and several month ban

wtf you dont even know how much above the speed limit he was. im german and i get flashed pretty often but most of the times its 10-30 euro. the most was 90 eur. it only gets hard if you were driving 200 in a 100 zone or 90 in a 50 zone for example.. i wouldnt worry about a few kmh too much
>>
As far as i know the UK opted out of cross-border speeding fines. You should be fine, OP.
>>
>>1155862
If that's the case then OP will be in trouble if he ever returns to Germany or the EU. They'll hold him upon arrival at the airport and bring him to the jail/courthouse to pay the fine in person. Had it happen to a friend in the UK as well as in the US.
>>
>>1155737
>They'll go exactly 80km/h in an 80 zone and then floor it to 260km/h once in a limitless zone and then back to 120km/h within a second once the speed limit is back.

Thtas actually pretty good bait, almost got me
>>
>>1155854
>10-30 euros

fuck you. 10km/h above speed limit here is like 80 euros with a 50% discount if you pay up in 7 days. And we're poorer than you germanbros
>>
>>1155712
Depends on the fine. They won't bother mailing it if it's low and just hope they catch you in Germany again.
>>
Has anyone here been pulled over for speeding in another country?

Got pulled over in Arizona (near Winslow) going waaaaaaaayyyyyyy over the limit. Got away with nothing but a caution because I suddenly became much more of an English aristocrat than I actually am
>>
File: 20141110_110259.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20141110_110259.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>1158191
I got pulled over in Florida at 2 in the morning going 79 in a 70 which is absolute bullshit.
>"yeah bro just put the cruise control at 77 in america cops never pull people over on the interstate if they're not going 10+ over"
And then on top of that I was literally the only car on the road and the trooper decided to lecture me about being a danger to other motorists around me. $137 fine.
>>
>>1155712
Could be worse man. You could've been flashed by an actual German. ;-)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.