[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can /trv/ rank the touts of these countries from bearable to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Map_of_Southeast_Asia.png (237KB, 992x876px) Image search: [Google]
Map_of_Southeast_Asia.png
237KB, 992x876px
Can /trv/ rank the touts of these countries from bearable to worst? Not interested in Brunei and East Timor though.

If you can, do compare with other tout heavy countries like India, Egypt, Morocco, Cuba...

Thank you.
>>
>>1155669
1. Vietnam/Thailand
2. Philippines
3. Indonesia/Cambodia
4. Malaysia
5. Myanmar
6. Singapore

I would say that's sort of it.
>>
>>1155669
Ah I forgot to put Lao in between Myanmar and Singapore.
>>
>>1155669
from bearable to worst:
Singapore
Malaysia
Philippines
Myanmar
Thailand
Vietnam
Indonesia except Bali
Cambodia
Laos
Bali
>>
>>1155674
>>1155676
And I put it from worst to bearable.
>>
>>1155674
I thought there was a large difference between Thailand and Vietnam.
Thanks.

>>1155677
Laos is that bad?
Thanks

Please more replies.
>>
>>1155685
No Lao is seriously not bad at all, I think that anon went to Vang Vieng only.
>>
>>1155685
Bali is the only place I would call 'bad'. In Laos you can still avoid most of the scams, it's just a hassle because you can't avoid intercity tourist transport because there's almost no public transport for locals.
>>
>>1155691
Laos is also the only country where you have to bribe at the border. I crossed the border four times and had to pay twice, albeit less than average tourists. I didn't pay anything beside the official visa fee in other countries.
>>
I'm looking to move to Thailand, what's so bad about it?
Is this just a >hurr 2 many tourists rounding my tourism meme?
>>
Lombok is bad, they start as soon as you get off the boat.
Actually nearly any tourist attraction will have people trying to sell you shit from sunglasses to sarongs.
Also you will get told that you need an official guide, who will take you to shops where he gets a commission.
Ausfag expat here, living in Indonesia.
Ask for more details if you want
>>
>>1155868
lombok is pretty bad but realistically it's just maybe, 20 dudes at most. and even if you just ignore them and walk up to the boat and pay, or follow another white dude, they never do anything, or at least, I've never heard of violence
>>
>>1155685
Laos is amazing.
On a relative scale, no credible person would put Laos below Malaysia.
>>
>>1155695
I paid for a visa in my home country through the consulate and walked right through a very rural border without paying a cent. The immigration guy did spend a very long time scrutinising my passport tho.
>>
>>1155669
From best to worst?

>Thailand/Philippines
If you've never been to SEA before, I strongly recommend the Philippines as your first stop. Lots to do, some of the best beaches, wilderness tourism, and nightlife in the world; girls really like western guys, and everyone speaks English. Country also has a rich, long history.

Thailand is amazing. You can spend months here and never run out of new things to do. Good jumping off point once you're ready to really leave the familiarity of home behind and jump into a new world.

>Vietnam/Cambodia
Ha Long Bay and Angkor Wat are absolute musts for any tour of SEA, Cambodia is basically the wild west, for good or ill.

>Malaysia
Boring, some sightseeing, that's it.

>Singapore
Worst city in the world, best airport to get laid over in though.

>Myanmar
I've never been and thus am not qualified to have an opinion. (I *really* wish this mindset was common on /trv/)
>>
>>1155901
I recommend Philippines first, too. My reason is because if you go to Thailand to other places first, Philippines loses it's luster, otherwise. But is great for a jumping off
>>
>>1155898
Come back when you try crossing Laos-Cambodia border.
>>1155909
>>1155897
>>1155901
Guys, you have problems with reading comprehension. OP didn't ask to rank the countries themselves, he asked where the worst TOUTS were.
>>
>>1155868
You are kidding right? Where the hell are you living in Indonesia then? It's basically only Bali and Yogyakarta which have annoying touts. The rest of Indonesia is basically clear of touts, besides a few traffic intensive areas.
>>
Bump for more opinions.
>>
For the anons that rated Malaysia highly: where did you stay and what did you do?

I've been flirting with the idea of visiting Malaysia since it seems it might become heavily Muslim in the next decade and I like visiting countries that are undergoing massive change.
>>
>>1156501
u wot m8

malaysia already IS heavily muslim
>>
>>1156501
two thirds of people are muslim and the official religion is islam
>>
>>1156501
Depends, if you've backpacked places in SEA before I would recommend you not to go. If you would still want to go, I would recommend you to chill in KL a few days, get your ass over to Georgetown and chill the fuck out in Penang. If you like beaches you might hit Langkawi as well. The rest is just a waste of time. The people are also forgettable and boring, there's not a lot of touts tho since Muslims are to moderate and the Chinese are usually introverted as fuck. It's just the Indians that are touting.
>>
>>1155691
>>1155982
Why is Bali so bad?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.