[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. I was born in West Siberia in a small town. Lately, I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

Hello. I was born in West Siberia in a small town. Lately, I live in Moskow and I entered in university wich called HSE. You can ask about life, Russia, mentality and etc.
>>
How was life in deep Siberia? How did it differ from your life now?
Did something sketchy happen while you were living there?
>>
>>1155597
Deep Siberia has a slow-old style of life. There people's ambitions are low. Here, in Moskow, I need to move more and do different thing everyday that I didn't before. Metro, trains, bus are used everyday, shops. So many people are around me so I confused and I feel me slowpoke.
>>
Do you have access to the internet in your hometown?
How'd you find out about 4chan
>>
>>1155586
How much have you traveled around Siberia itself? I'm planning to take the Trans-Siberian Railway (east-west), what should I stop and see along the way?
>>
>>1155625
I had. Some years ago friiend showed me 2ch, lately I found out 4chan.
>>
>>1155665
I lived near Trans-Siberian Railway, near Novosibirsk, Tomsk. Tomsk is old city. There you can see old architecture, many yang people. Sometimes Tomsk is called the capital of universities of Siberia. 3 university is located on one street. 2 of them deal with national researches. Near there are old villages much waits for dying. Also, students stimulate economic of Tomsk. Woods. There is much wood. Beautiful winter. Come and see people and their style of life in town and city. Honestly, I am shocked by difference and views.
>>
Have you traveled abroad before? How old are you? Do you like the bustle of the big city?
>>
>>1155711
I have been in Thailand. I am 18. I do not like the bustle. Here are many trifles which steal time but here are many opportunities.
>>
>>1155706
What's your favorite place in Siberia?
>>
>>1155729
1) Street in Tomsk which is located near Lenin street(main street). There are abandoned houses and silence. 5 minutes of walking and you can see a square.
2) Komsomolsk village. It is a real village.
>>
>>1155706
what do you mean by yang people?
>>
>>1155848
i think he meant young people
>>1155733
Nice sharing with us anon, just wanted to say that i've been to central asia lately and i found a shitton of streets called lenin street everywhere, and a lenin statue in major cities/towns
>>
>>1155858
It is true about Lenin street everywhere. Heritage of Soviet and its propaganda. In common cases it is main street.
>>
>>1155586
Is Novosibirsk worth visiting for foreign tourists? Is there anything you'd recommend there?
Ever been to Kazakhstan?
>>
>>1155957
Novosibirsk is a boring city because of one type of building, grey view. Also, it is new town so it has short history and culture.
My granmother from Orenburd, it is nearly to Kazakhstan. All what I know there are steppe, heat, fruits, salt lake. I don't think that there is many interesting.
>>
Thank you for sharing your experiences OP.

Im an American hoping to teach english in Russian then travel the Trans-Siberian Railway. Ill be taking a Russian class to get a good foundation on the language before heading over there. Do you think anti-american sentiment is something i should be worried about? Im very open minded and look forward to understanding the different lifestyles and viewpoints of Russia.
>>
>>1155960
>>1155960
I think u should be worried 'cause people are different. My mom does't like Obama strongly, my grandfather hates America and not only America. Keep in mind that educated people mostly dont have anything against America but in pure areas u should be ready to say that u are from Australia or Singapore)
>>
File: 14724732893782.jpg (731KB, 1748x1188px) Image search: [Google]
14724732893782.jpg
731KB, 1748x1188px
>>1155960
>travel the Trans-Siberian Railway.

Believe me, this will be the most extraordinary journey of your life. It can be said that you will be in "concentrated" Russia. Five (or six, i don't remember) days you will be surrounded by a variety of people: It can be ordinary workers, who go to the other end of the country, which would feed his family, it can be the whole family decided to visit relatives in Khabarovsk. Maybe your neighbor will be an old woman, who still remembers Stalin, and which will treat you to tea and talk about the Soviet Union.In any case, you will never advance you can not guess what will be waiting for you and you're here to get.
>>
>>1156029
Thanks anon. Catching a ferry to Vladivostok this Sunday. Can't wait.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Geez, so much bs itt, starting from cancerous vkontakte groups (in Russia we call them bydlo publics). Ffs, a 18 yr old talking about "mentality"...You literally left your village yesterday, you don't know shit yet you create this thread. Grats on entering HSE, one more fresh grad who will be ready to work for food, fucking up salary levels, is on the way.
"Moscow is a big city, people use public transport every day", my god.

Novosibirsk is a fucking shithole, trans Siberian railroad is a waste of time, beatdown cars, bs service and bunch of degenerates drinking booze all the way. It seems great for op only because his prior knowledge was limited to local trains to his babushka.

Still, my main intention was to contribute - ask whatever you want about Russia, I am 30, have been to about 50 countries and work for an international corporate monster
Pic related, typical russian ulitsa (avenue)
>>
File: Alfie.jpg (529KB, 1320x740px) Image search: [Google]
Alfie.jpg
529KB, 1320x740px
>>1156785

>Still, my main intention was to contribute

That's a lot of anger and negativity. Good job, friendo

You'll need to bust out some fascinating shit to make up for berating a kid
You
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>1156798
Those kids ruined Russian analogue of 4chan (although I am well aware of "was never good" rule), so yes, I was triggered.
And I am ready to burst fascinating shit, but you didn't ask anything. Please feel free.
Picrated is Russian winter. January, not far from Moscow
>>
Damn, that rotation, sasuga Apple
>>
>>1155960
Yes, you need be worried
And it's very-very boring and not cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtlxTF_SX28
>>
>>1156785
This guy right
Another russian
>>
nice thread op, it's interesting to read a guy like you that just get out of his village. i hope you enjoy the city

>>1156785
you sound like an asshole
>>
>>1156951
That means you're not alone anymore, nice to hear
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.