[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is there to do in Dubai? I want to visit a friend who works

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1460757643858.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1460757643858.gif
2MB, 400x400px
What is there to do in Dubai? I want to visit a friend who works there but what else can I do while I'm there?
>>
Someone from work told me that there is a place in dubai dessert where you can try and drive "thrown away" sports cars.
>>
>Drive a 4x4 round the desert
>Check out the tallest building in the world
>Ride a camel
>Check out the bazaar
>Get a cheap boat ride through the marina
>Plenty of good restaurants to visit, some of them are cheap as well
>Visit that massive new shopping mall they've built

Don't get a taxi from outside the airport, they rip you off.
>>
>>1155340
There are these little floaty-things over in the Creek that you can ret, float around and they have a grill set in the center so you can bbq a meal wile you float. For a better meal, Khan Murjan is over in the boutique souk attached to the Raffles -- great atmosphere, great food with items from most regional cuisines. For dumb fun, if you ski, the artificial ski slope over at Dubai Mall is stupidly entertaining. There is a bid mosque that is open to infidel visitors over in Jumeirah, or take a day-trip over to Abu Dhabi for the even more impressive Grand Mosque. The museum in the old fort is not great, but OK, and is the closest thing to local history you are going to find.

If camel races are on, do not miss that.

DO NOT GO TO UAE UNTILL THE WEATHER CANGES IN THE FALL>
>>
>>1155448
>Don't get a taxi from outside the airport, they rip you off.
Really? I never had a problem.
>>
>>1155543
Did they run the meter? If not, you may not realize it, but you overpayed
>>
go shopping for things easily found in any city
go up that really tall building and look at other less tall buildings
?????????
>>
>>1155340
Attend a sand-covered area near water, enter the latter and proceed with repeated rhytmic motions using your arms and legs.
>>
>>1155543
They set the meter to 20 dirhams once the taxi starts moving. Probably some tourist trap deal they have with the airport.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.