[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got a job offer at Santiago, Chile. Has anyone here ever lived

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: large.jpg (283KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
283KB, 1500x1000px
I got a job offer at Santiago, Chile.

Has anyone here ever lived there? How is it like? What should I expect, given I accept the job and move to Santiago?

Thank you.
>>
>>1155233

How could you possibly expect us to advise you?

You have literally given us no other information than "it's in Santiago".

Should you move to Santiago if you're paid 1 million dollars per hour to flip burgers? Of course you can.

Should you move if you're paid 50p to manage an entire production line? Probably not.

Is this job you've been offered something that aligns with a career path you'd like to follow?

There are a lot of factors to consider.
>>
>>1155329
It's a good job.
Now I want to know how's Santiago's quality of life. That's all.

Do you live there or know anyone who does?
What do they think? What are some good things and bad things about the city? That kind of stuff.
>>
*blasts reggaeton*
>>
>>1155800
Where in Santiago, exactly?
Gran Santiago changes a lot from East to West (East is better/more developed/rich /posh).

I wouldn't know what to tell you about the city. Let's see...

Tap water is drinkable, but I wouldn't recommend it, since it's full of minerals (hard water) and will surely upset your stomach if unaccustomed.

The city is literally surrounded by mountains, so expect smog, nothing too bad, but still.
>>
What are you interested in doing all day? I spent a month there with a friend two years ago in not the best area but still safe at most times (although anarchists attacked a church next to our appartement building with firebombs one night...)

From what I could tell the city has really really good subculture and nightlife, with parties and concerts every day all over town.
Especially the electro/ techno scene was great with tons of small basement parties that were veery interesting if youre into that.

At day the city is very safe and even at night nothing ever happened to me, but my friend did warn me that there is tons of violent crime in certain areas.
But I think in that way its a lot like most other big cities that dont happen to be singapore or in scandinavia.

High culturally I dont think theres that much to see. Some decent museums mostly about the pinochet era and typical colonial architecture and parks.

There is also the advantage that both the see with supposedly great beaches (was there in fall so cant really confirm) as well as the mountains with (again supposedly) great skiing opportunities.

The people are nice enough (better than other parts of south america imo) and speak the best english compared again to most other latin american countries.

Food is meh but cheap enough, clothes are a bit cheaper than europe.

I could imagine staying there for an extended period if I had a job that was really worth it, but ultimately I grew tired of the smog, aridity and other things after a month of just hanging around.
>>
>>1155972
>Where in Santiago, exactly?
Santiago Metropolitan Region
>>
>>1156004
Thanks a lot for your post, it's really helpful.
I think I'll seriously consider settling down in Santiago for the job, as the pay is good.
What worries me is this smog you talk about, I live in such a clean place today... I guess I'll get used to it.
Thanks.
>>
>>1156014
Again, that's not telling much, because the city is so big it is divided in "comunas", and each comuna has its own mayor, municipality, etc...

Anyway, as a rule of thumb, the closer to the Andes you are, the better the places will be. Vitacura and Las Condes feel like a different country, for example.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.