[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to be spending a few hours in Lviv next month.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

I'm going to be spending a few hours in Lviv next month. I'd like to hit the city center and see a few sites and have a good lunch. Any suggestions on what to see or what to avoid?
>>
>>1154308
Walk around the Old Town and try to find some stuff you might like at the big market in the main square.
It's mostly the same soiveneirs there, more or less, but I got a nice vyshyvanka for a good price at the main market in Lviv.

There are definitely some unique vendors there...one drunk guy (this was at maybe 10 AM) was selling a bunch of old WWII memorabilia, including a small statue of Hitler and what appeared to be a fake SS helmet
Maybe it was a real German helmet but the SS part was definitely fake.

You should also see the opera house, even if only from the outside, and go to the top of City Hall for a good view around the city.

If you are interested in history, you might like to see the statues of famous people such as Stepan Bandera and Taras Shevchenko.

If you only have a few hours, there's not much else you can do. It's a great city to just walk around.
>>
>>1154308
Look for the "Tpaпeзнa" on Valova street. It's like a monastery restaurant that not only cheap but also quite delicious.
>>
>>1154308
>a few hours
Why bother leaving the station?
>>
>>1154357

We arrive at 9am from the bus station and depart at 4pm at the train station. That's a lot of time to be sitting around.
>>
>>1154357
The station is 3-4 km away from the old center and it's easily accessible by bus. He'd be retarded to waste the hours sitting on train station floor.
>>
File: 20160518_134052.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160518_134052.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
>>1154448
Okay, I was expecting like 2-4 hours of free time.

I was in Lviv a few months ago. You can store your luggage with some booth in the train station.

The streetcar costs 2UAH (0,07€) and takes you directly to the city square. Beware though, it will be PACKED and there are no ticket machines. You have to tap the guy in front of you's shoulder and pass him a 2UAH bill and he will pass it along to the front of the train. The person standing at the front then gives the money to the driver and the driver hands back a ticket. The ticket is then passed all the way back to you and then you are required to punch holes in the ticket. It's outdated and a mess, I know, but pretty cool nonetheless.

Once in the city you can go to the top of the city hall for 5UAH (0,17€) and get a great view across the city. I tried to make you a webm from ontop of the city hall but it kept fucking up so he's a pic instead. There's plenty of restaurants near the central square to choose from. You can also grab a nice coffee from a restaurant cart behind the city hall.

Check out the opera house and if would like a quick hike, you can climb to the top of High Castle which is a hill in the middle of the city. You get good views but not as great as on top of city hall.

If you still have leftover time I can suggest just riding the trams around the city. It's quite relaxing and plenty of nice old buildings to see.

Oh and, almost no one can speak any English whatsoever so be prepared for that.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.