[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What south east asian country should I visit this spring. Going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: only-god-forgives-ryan-gosling.jpg (54KB, 680x478px) Image search: [Google]
only-god-forgives-ryan-gosling.jpg
54KB, 680x478px
What south east asian country should I visit this spring. Going with girlfriend for about 10-14 days. We want nice clean water, somewhat cheap accomodation, good food and a general chilled out atmosphere. Our budget is about 200 €/day hotel included. We were thinking about vietnam but now I see alot of stuff about bad ocean/beach conditions. How about malaysia? Are there any good, somewhat unspoiled parts of thailand left. Also general SEA thread.
>>
>>1153774
The beaches in Nam are indeed shitty. Thailand is an absolute tourist nest. Cambodia used to have some pristine beaches left (8 years ago) but I'm not entirely sure about that now.

Malaysia is for me one of the least appealing countries in SEA after Thailand, but it sounds like it might suite your preferences. Nice beaches (Penang, Perhentian, Langkawi). The food is amazing (if you go to Georgetown make sure you visit Line Clear). And travelling around is comfortable and easy.

Another option might be the Philippines or Indonesia, although in Indonesia you should stay the fuck away from Bali if you don't want to bump into nests of tourists all the time. Karimunjawa on Java is a nice replacement for that. There are also Some nice beaches close to Yogya.

Accommodation is cheap as fuck in all SEA counties.
>>
>>1153806
I forgot to mention Myanmar, there are also some nice beaches there (and the food is good).
>>
>>1153774
This guy >>1153806 must only know the big 3 or 4 places in Thailand. For a chill island go to Koh Chang, for a chill beach on the mainland, try Rayong. Koh Chang would be my pick between the two.
>>
>>1153806
Which places would you recommend for a family? I mean night life is not important, just security and a decent place to stay
>>
>>1153817
You may be the same guy as >>1153163

But if not I will echo what I said there. For a family, for a beach, the Phuket/Krabi area. Koh Chang and Rayong may be too slpw paced for children, unless they are into natural tourism. Koh Chang is great for couples, though.
>>
>>1153813
Yeah keep yourself it's not a tourist shithole where everythings aimed at tourism. Smile for another picture with neglected animals bro!
>>
>>1153844
So many things wrong with your post

1. Special snowflake syndrome. {I'm a tourist but don't want any tourists here for me

2.But still not savvy enough to find the more unique and out of the way spots.

If youa re talking about Phuket and the surrounding Kohs, they would not exist if not fro tourism. They would be empty but are only bulit up because of resorts. Pattaya is not the only beach or city in Chonburi. Have you ever been to the city of Chonburi, Si Racha (origin of the sauce), Rayong or Koh Chang? And I am just naming beach towns. If Chiang Mai is too touristy for you have you even been to Nan or up to the border in Chaing Rai? Or anywhere in Isan?

How can you only go to tourist shit holes then say the entire country is a tourist shit hole?
>>
Why would you go to SEA when you have a fucking girlfriend? I thought people only went there to fuck ladyboys
>>
>>1153890
You're either European or have been on 4Chan too long. For Americans it's primarily a honeymoon/couples exotic destination. If Americans want trannies they go to Brazil. Russians go to Thailand on family vacations. Aussie Vegans and slags go there because it's cheap, and a lot of Northern Europe/Scandinavian backpackers/young people go there. Men and women. So there are the rest of the white people for whom the majority don't travel for sex.
>>
>>1153887
You're blatantly delusional if you think it's not m8. You're one of those people who say they go off the beaten track in Thailand when the whole place is literally a beaten fuckin country. I have to admit that this is the case in the most of SEA tho.
>>
>>1154000
t. Real Traveler
>>
>>1153896
The vast majority of americans are too poor to go on expensive trips like that hell alot of them dont even have passports. You sound like an out of touch richfag
>>
>>1154021
>The vast majority of americans are too poor to go on expensive trips

That's true. However in real numbers there are more wealthy Americans than there are total citizens of most European countries.
>>
>>1154021
I'm saying the vast majority of the Americans that go to Thailand go there for those reasons, not that the vast majority of Americans period. I don;t know if it's your first language or not, but you fail at reading comprehension. What's funny is it's for exactly the reason you said. It's expensive to from the USA, so most people aren't going to travel there for sex/partying (like Europeans and Asians) and even less can afford to bring their whole family (let alone kids on that long of a flight) so they don't do family vacations like the Russians to Thailand. Hence the vast majority of American travelers to Thailand are couples, or groups of friends. BTW, more Americans travel to Thailand than any European country except the UK, even more than Australia. Though Sweden is the top tourist to Thailand per capita. I don't think you fathom how large the USA actually is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Thailand#Top_20_arrivals_by_nationality
>>
>>1154000
Instead of making ad hominem how about defining what a tourist shithole is? What is your purpose for travel, and what is the barrier against it?

What makes the places the anon mentioned tourist shit holes? >>1153887?

Is any place with tourists a shithole to you? Why are you posting in a SEA general basically saying, "don't go to SEA" if you have no interest in the area?
>>
>southeast asia
>clean water

erm, no
>>
>>1154390
I took it as he was talking about clean sea water at the beaches desu the way he said "nice clean water".

If you're remark also concerns seawater than you're ignorant.
>>
File: South East Asia.jpg (73KB, 679x635px) Image search: [Google]
South East Asia.jpg
73KB, 679x635px
>>1153774
Suppose you wanted to travel to Singapore, Thailand, and Cambodia.

In what order would you visit all three?

and how?
Flights to all? International trains or boat ferries?
>>
>>1154484
I would say thailand/cambodia first and singapore last, maybe you can take the train from thailand/cambodia vice versa and flight to singapore.
>>
Out of Thailand, Myanmar and Laos I liked Myanmar the most and by far. Although I haven't been to any beach at SEA.
>>
>>1154574
Cities? Where did you go?
>>
200 euro a day? Jesus christ, you'll have to pay people to help you shovel cash into squat toilets.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.