[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ive wanted to travel to jamaica for a while but im a pale american

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Ive wanted to travel to jamaica for a while but im a pale american how dangerous would it be it go there for 2-3 weeks this spring?
>>
>>1153524
why in the gods green fuck would you want to go there? Some white guilt hippy pothead?
Bob Marley has been there only good export.
Ever.
>>
>>1153643
>white guilt
Nope
>hippy pothead
A little maybe. It just sparks my interest more than the rest of central america and the carribean
>>
>>1153644

You one of those white 'rasta' white bois who ruined their white hair to get 'dreads'
>>
>>1153524

Its not that dangerous, not any more than many central American countries, just take the same precautions that you would there.

Kingston can be pretty dangerous, just because of the shitty neighborhoods and general poverty, i wouldn't stray too far off the tourist track there. If you do want to go to Trenchtown or something like that, go with a guided tour, its dicey at the best of times. When i went i walked into some not so good neighborhoods trying to take a shortcut, was pretty spooky, kept getting randoms driving past yelling 'kill whitey' from their cars or from people in buses. Pay for a good hotel too, dont get a shitty one in a shitty neighborhood, its not unheard of for a hotel owner to literally lock you inside the hotel after 6pm because its too dangerous for you to go out.

Dont buy drugs, all the gangs in Jamaica are basically a combination of self protection groups and drug dealers, buy buying drugs of anyone it could put you in a bad spot, either with other gangs, the dealer mugging you afterwards or the dealer tells the police and you get arrested and pay a big bribe to get off.

If your going to buy drugs, ask a bartender in a touristy bar, thats your best bet about getting it with no probs. Btw, pot is illegal, and the law is enforced by police (only on foreigners), though it is very, very easy to get. Just make sure you smoke up somewhere in private.

Best suggestion: Get out of Kingstown and the major towns, go into the hills in the middle of the country and chill out at some of the small towns scattered around the place. They are very safe and people there are far more inviting than the people in Kingston.
>>
>>1153670
>less dangerous than central america
okay, cool, so its' only slightly less dangerous than the most dangerous place in the western hemisphere

sounds like good advice.
>>
File: 1471764380499.png (44KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1471764380499.png
44KB, 658x662px
>>1153646
Whats the point in making stuff up about people so you can hate them better? Its a waste of energy and you contribute nothing to the discussion. Why assume such vague details and why does even matter so much to you
>>
If you think you'd like Jamaica, try Belize. I've been to both, and while Jamaica is no doubt nice, Belize has nicer people, less litter(public beaches in Jamaica are absolutely covered in trash), a more interesting landscape, and almost no crime to be heard of save for the occasional pickpocket
>>
>>1153672

>okay, cool, so its' only slightly less dangerous than the most dangerous place in the western hemisphere

Its not like traveling to Syria you idiot.

Central America's problem lie in its drug trade, you keep clear of the drugs, you keep clear of 95% of the problems.

The only real things to watch out for is muggings and petty theft, in reality most people dont give two shits about tourists because they aren't locals, therefore even if you do manage to walk into a bad area or run into some hardcore drug dealers in central america, they are likely to just take your belongings and let you go on your way, instead of behead you or just shoot you because your from a different neighborhood.

Compare this to other parts of the world, where literally criminals will seek out tourists to extort them or to hurt them to send a message to the west or specific countries. You have little worry of this in most of America, and in Jamaica its basically non existent.
>>
>>1153646
Whoa there! You seemed to have made an assumption or two there buddy! You've got a lot of hate built up inside I'd recommend a good therapist!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.