[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Stays at hostel >Added roomates on Facebook right before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: images (12).jpg (8KB, 269x188px) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
8KB, 269x188px
>Stays at hostel
>Added roomates on Facebook right before leaving
>Found out one shares common interests as me only after looking at his Facebook
We aren't exactly close but I really want to chat to him about our common interest. How to bridge the gap? It is kind of awkward to try to befriend someone AFTER saying goodbye. Should I just forget it?
>>
Dude you are legitimately autistic if you think you should dedicate an entire thread to this.

But to answer your question no that is not awkward at all
>>
>>1153528
Is it even possible to become friends with someone if the chances are we will never meet again irl?
>>
>>1153515
You just write "hey dude, I noticed on your facebook that you're into <squid hentai>. I'm into that as well, too bad we didn't talk about it in <city>. What do you think of <specific squid hentai> ? Isn't it just wonderful?
>>
>>1153730
>ooh right my account still sais that...
>I had a brief thing for squid hentai back when I was 15
>are you really interested in it at your age??
>>
>>1153515
It's not awkward to keep up an acquaintance for years if not decades based on a single experience. For people who travel, you might even cross paths again. Instead of thinking "friends" like it's some kind of dating ritual or extreme seriousness requiring steps, just keep referring to the person as an acquaintance. Some careers have 100s of acquaintances filling up a phone with contacts, such as politics, public relations, just saying... Keep your friends definition down to the 5 or less people you call most often who seek out things to do with you.

To put this in perspective, I have IRC channel tech friends for more than a decade. Probably about 30 of us in total who see each other over the years, work together from time to time, and I'd definitely count 5 of them as true friends who can pick up where we left off no matter how much time passes between seeing each other in person. Online friendships are valid and true with some people. This one you're staring actually started in person but could continue indefinitely online, if you keep it in perspective for what it is.
>>
>>1153726
One of my favourite friends is a guy I played WoW with 7 years ago, he lives in Sweden, I live in the UK,we have never met. Great guy and I love chatting politics with him online.
>>
>>1153747
>dude, there has been so much going on the the squid hentai community, you should pick it up again, here are some of my new favourites!
>>
>>1153726
One of my best mates is someone I met online. To be fair he lives in the same country only 500km away. But we have met about 5 times since. Great bloke and that started just from a computer game
>>
>>1153726
I can't remember the last time I had a friend in real life. All of my "friends" are people I've met online and talk to almost daily

Which probably explains why I feel depressive and wanna commit sudoku
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.