[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with travel envy? >26, M >leaflet >never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: beach-travel-envy-300x197.jpg (21KB, 300x197px) Image search: [Google]
beach-travel-envy-300x197.jpg
21KB, 300x197px
How do you deal with travel envy?

>26, M
>leaflet
>never left NA
>sick and tired to USA
>finally finished school, got decent paying job
>germany for two weeks in October coming up and vietnam for christmas

Feels like I've been missing out on life every time I go on facebook
>>
>>1152901
I don't have it, when I go on FB and see other peopel traveling it just gives me ideas for things to do. My wife on the other hand is horrible with this. Like we just got back from the Western Carribean, around Memorial day, right before the heat gets oppressive there. In June she sees other people on vacations and cruises and gets jealous and says she needs a vacation, ignoring the fact that she just got back from one and under better conditions than they are. That's just an example, but generall as soon as we get back from one place she acts like it never happened and gets jealous of other people she sees traveling on FB. Also despite the fact she is probably the most well traveled of her "real" family and friends. Most don't even have passports, which is a struggle when she is looking for friends to travel with her, if I can't go or want to diverge, as she does not like traveling alone.
>>
>>1152901
I don't really have it. Good for them when they go somewhere. I rarely post stuff from my repeated trips to Japan or Singapore on fb since I don't really post much on it anyway. I love traveling alone and taking in the sights and never found myself jealous of people traveling.
>>
>>1152902
Jesus, did you marry a 5 year old?
>>
>>1153862
just a spoiled brat
>>
>Feels like I've been missing out on life every time I go on facebook

Facebook is not an accurate depiction of other people's real lives. People only post the best or most interesting of what they do. Very rarely do you see or hear about shitty things friends and acquaintances do through facebook.

So don't compare your own life to others based on what you see on facebook
>>
On social media, people most the best things to make their friends feel envious. I remember my friend going on an international trip and posting excited updates about how amazing everything was. People were liking her posts and saying how jealous they were. She loved it.

Later, she told me it was actually awful. She and her husband fought entire the time and he just wanted to stay in the hotel.
>>
File: RAW_US-7_1093558133.jpg (15KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
RAW_US-7_1093558133.jpg
15KB, 444x250px
>>1152902
>pay for wife's vacation
>she gets back
>"waaaaahhhh anon buy me all the expensive vacations my friends have "
>pay for another vacation
>"waaaaahhhh anon I have nobody to go with "
>pay for an extra plane ticket for Tyrone
>pay for their honeymoon suite
>she comes back, wants a divorce because Tyrone "gets me"
>she gets half
>HALF
>HAAAALLLLLFFFFFF
>>
>>1153888
I have been married 14 years this year
>>
>>1153898
Is she Asian?
>>
I don't get travel envy but I get kinda sad when I see others posting or even people here talking about where they've gone

I feel like there are so many amazing places to go and that I'm really running out of time to enjoy them, which is insane because I'm only 20 but I still feel that way
It just seems that after I graduate university and get a job there's going to be no time for traveling and wherever I don't go before then I'll never get to see
>>
>>1153915
no
>>
File: 1463851305706.jpg (194KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1463851305706.jpg
194KB, 640x640px
>be 24
>be in trade school after having fallen for the uni meme and getting a degree
>tfw always been on the poorfag side of things
>been dreaming of going to Asia for a long ass time
>traveling pretty much unthinkable at the moment period
>two of my roommates are brothers
>their well-off mom took them on a trip to Japan with almost everything paid for
>>
>these posts ITT
kinda really glad im single desu
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.