[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys, So I want to go to Los Angeles. Specifically the Burbank

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Los_Angeles_city_view.jpg (143KB, 800x376px) Image search: [Google]
Los_Angeles_city_view.jpg
143KB, 800x376px
hey guys,

So I want to go to Los Angeles. Specifically the Burbank area. I have a friend out there on internship so having a place to stay won't be a problem. I've traveled a few times w/ parents but never alone or with another friend who might come. I'm currently living in Cincinnati.

Is Los Angeles a good city? Never been more west than Indiana. I love the sun and don't mind warm weather.

Also, I'm in college but got some cash lined up. Would a good budget be around $600? I want to leave in mid October during fall break. Is it possible to fly round trip and still have money to spend in LA?
>>
>>1152784
>Cincinnati
Neat

If you book a cheap reliable flight then i think, you can make do with 600 depending on how long you stay here but always try coming with MORE than youll actually need.
Burbank is mostly a suburban family neighborhood, but youll be next to North Hollywood so youll have plenty to do...if you have a car
Besides traffic, and homeless id say LAs a good city. Im a native, though, so im pretty biased.

What kinda more information do you want, by the way?
>>
>>1152784
$600???

if you plan on eating in all the time and rarely going out, yeah. Especially with airfare thats going to leave you with only $400?? ish. That's definitely not enough IMHO.

I love LA but its a fucking expensive city. I grew up here and love it to death, so also biased.

Burbank is like outskirts of LA-ish, tad far from the more happening scenes. You'll definitely need a car or uber which will rack up $$, again.
>>
>>1152827
>>1152850
Thanks for the tips! Cool to here it from natives. It'll only be for 3 or 4 days I'd stay. I know I'm not getting the most money from my flight but only time I could go the rest of the year.

Just got talked to my friend and he's got a car down there. So besides air fare and throwing him some money I'm good. I'm really excited to go to the beaches near there. Are they good? my buddy hasn't gone yet.
>>1152850
I've heard it's expensive, but how bad is it? I can't imagine spending $400 over 3-4 even when going out a night or two.
>>
>>1153092
Native here. You'd probably enjoy Venice beach. Enjoy the weirdos on display. Go up the coast a bit towards Malibu for the beaches. They'll be a lot more enjoyable if you can go on a weekday.
>>
Burbank sucks, but you will easily be able to uber to good parts of the city
>>
File: OXN0XYd.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OXN0XYd.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
bump for one last question. OP here

Is there anywhere worth seeing that may be a few hours away?
I've heard traffic in Cali is terrible.
>>
>>1153691
The Getty Museum, its on the other side of the city, but its worth it. Just plan accordingly.
>>
Hey there, not a native but visited Burbank/LA 2 years ago for a week.

>>1153092
What he said, money is going to be an issue but since you'll only be there for less than a week you should be O.K. with your budget.

The thing that will kill you in airfare, might be worth checking out Skiplagged for cheap flights if you don't mind hidden city flights (checking in no bags).

>>1153691
Traffic is awful no matter what, unfortunately.

>>1153697
I visited there when I was in the area, and definitely recommend it. Very cool place, even if you're not into museums, the architecture and view of L.A. from there is a spectacle in itself.

Pic related, one I took while I was there.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.