[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm traveling to Turkey in the next couple of months to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: trlarge.gif (4KB, 596x396px) Image search: [Google]
trlarge.gif
4KB, 596x396px
I'm traveling to Turkey in the next couple of months to study dentistry, How's life there compared to other Arab countries? and How much of a "muslim country" is it?
>>
File: 2009 istanbul.png (85KB, 800x431px) Image search: [Google]
2009 istanbul.png
85KB, 800x431px
of course in general less islamic than arab countries. but like every other countries, there are conservative cities and more seculer cities. and it can be change even in the city.

for example, as a tourist probably you will visit to istanbul/sultanahmet, fatih. fatih is most conservative district in istanbul. but if you take a tram from sultanahmet and go to ortaköy, everything change.

pic related. mayoral election result map in istanbul. red and blue secular, orange is akp (erdogan's party)

and universities are more seculer of course. hijab girls are minorities in there. i can say far leftist freaks control most universities.
>>
>>1152617
I'm actually moving to Trabzon, Studying in KTU.....
>>
>>1152621
trabzon people is conservative but better than arab countries of course. city is safe, no terror, low level crime. turkish students love foreigners. you can feel popular.

nature is good. you should visit sümele manastırı, uzungöl.

ps. dont insult trabzonspor anywhere (football team of trabzon) and don't support fenerbahce. they can beat you just because you do that.
>>
>>1152621
What the fuck are you doing in Trabzon if you want to avoid islam. It is one of the most conservative cities in Turkey and also people there are all gun freaks. Terrible choice op you dun goofed.
>>
>>1152591
Where are you from origanally?
>>
>>1152627
Half asian murican, I lived in Israel most my life with my parents, My two choices were either to go to turkey or to go to Jordan.
>>1152624
It was my only choice desu
>>1152623
That's some pretty good information. This question might sound dumb, But how are social aspects there? (Parties,clubs,ETC...)
>>
>>1152624
>What the fuck are you doing in Trabzon if you want to avoid islam.
yea op, wtf are you doin?
> It is one of the most conservative cities in Turkey
true.
> and also people there are all gun freaks
true but they don't kill eachother dude. they just produce guns, love guns but crime rate is low.

op you should be fine. trabzon is very convervative but there are beaches woman wearing bikinis in the city. you can even find red light district in trabzon. (google "çömlekçi") it's not raqqa lel.
>>
>>1152634
>how are social aspects there
pretty shit. people mostly drink tea and smoke nargile. if you want drink alcohol you can find good pubs. but clubs? i cant recommend.

there are a few clubs in trabzon. expensive, you can't enter without dam (dam means gf) and shitty music in there.

example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-eI66zxI88

but, probably erasmus groups make student parties but not sure.

you can go to batum-georgia btw. 7 euro for one way ticket. (1.5 hour away)
>>
>>1152640
Fuck, that sounds pretty bad....
>Batum-Georgia
I don't really know i'll have free time to go there.,,,,
>Dam
Wait, i thought people there were muslims. Isn't it "haram" to have a GF? Oh and also how are Women there? are they Religious and shit or do they not give a fuck? I'm really sick of how males and females interact in arab countries it's like they're afraid of each other or something.
>>
>>1152653
>I'm really sick of how males and females interact in arab countries
>arab countries
>arab

dude...
>>
>>1152717
>Arab
Oh sorry, meant muslim.
>>
File: 23412351.png (191KB, 391x395px) Image search: [Google]
23412351.png
191KB, 391x395px
>>1152634
>i lived in israel
keep it quiet mate. write it down and bury that sentence and speak never again.
>>
>>1152591
OP here, I made a mistake. Turns out i'm going to Adapazarı, Sakarya.
>>
>>1152653
>Isn't it "haram" to have a GF?
You need to learn more about "Turkish Islam"
>>
>>1152591
Bump, pls guys i dont want to get raped there
>>
>>1152866
first good news. at least you can go to istanbul at weekends now.

bad news is sakarya is very conservative(not kind of european or american conservatism) islamic as fuck, and a shitty place with nowhere to have fun.
you can find friends in school, but it's also a gamble. i can't be good friends with anatolians in turkey as they are not trustworthy imo.
>>
>>1152591
I see you have done your research well. First of all, it's not an Arab country. Turks are not Arabs. Secondly, big cities are very secular. I'm not even Turkish and I know this.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.