[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a 4 month deal with my boss to work from abroad to complete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 4ch.jpg (33KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
4ch.jpg
33KB, 230x230px
I have a 4 month deal with my boss to work from abroad to complete my thesis...

I also have a teal with my supervisor to work from my thesis from abroad.

Suggestions on cool places to live for 4 months, with internet access.

Id like to go somewhere new I already lived in thailand, canada, germany, australia

Just taking suggestions of nice spots for solo travel in general...
>>
worst Korea has the best internet.
>>
Be more vague please

What do you like
How much do you want to spend
What nationality/languages you got
>>
>>1152288
Fair enough

I speak french, english, german and have 3 passports, visa won't be an issue

The most important thing for me will be to be able to meet people easily as a solo traveller.

I tend to like less developed countries more because of the chaos... If beach was accessible it could be nice.

I know that I gave very few details, but I just wanted to hear what place really wow'ed people during their travel. Don't you have that one city where you really want to go back and spend some more time ?

I'm cheap as fuck, so the cheaper the better.... But as I said I will have an income from my job so if its worth it, I can pay.
>>
>>1152276
OP, seems like you should work on your thesis not be out partying and socializing or discovering somewhere new. Go find a nice property, quiet or relaxing view, walking distance to food so you don't have to cook, and give this break from life idea a rest. The clock is ticking, and you're borrowing time from work and school.
>>
>>1152297

For me, that city is Barcelona. Beach isn't amazing but it's pretty nice for a city. Always tons of people from all over the world. You'll hear a dozen languages walking down the street, mountains just outside of the city, cheap compared to Germany/Canada/Australia, you can get by with just English. Southern/eastern Spain in general fits a lot of what you're after, but it might not be exotic enough for a (presumably) European with an itch to get out somewhere new
>>
>>1152301
I can't deny that you've got a point. But I have more than enough time to complete my thesis.
This will be the last time I'll have that much freedom for a long period, so I won't let it slip

>>1152303
Yes, I heard good things about Barcelona. I just didn't have such a good experience in Europe in general.
>>
>>1152312
You could try the Baltic states and Romania.
It's cheap, you can get by easily with your languages, they got good internet, and you could use them as a hub while visiting the other neighbouring countries.
>>
>>1152312

How about Central America then? Obscenely cheap, adequate Internet, gorgeous beaches/nature, year round backpacking culture. I've only been to Belize and even then only with family to an upscale resort, but that region of the world fits a lot of what you're asking for
>>
>>1152276
Vietnam is pretty gud. Decent beaches, more chaos than you could ask for, fair amount of backpackers and decent enough internet.
>>
>>1152372
>>1152454
>>1152519

Cool ideas :)

do you have experience with romania and baltics ? It never seemed so appealing to me, what's fun to do there ?
>>
>>1152753
Not that guy but I was gonna suggest Romania because coincidentally I actually wrote (part of) my thesis there.

Bucharest doesn't have the history that Rome or Paris have, but it does have lots of art deco buildings (in various conditions) and strangely interesting commie stuff. Lots of parks. Cotroceni neighbourhood is beautiful. Nightlife is good, ranging from super commercial hook-up spots to underground techno raves. It's safe for a capital city, even if it can look grim. Sometimes you'll walk through a neighbourhood full of derelict buildings at night and think 'I'm about to get robbed', but then you pass an old granny with her purse out in the open and some guy leaving his car open with engine running while buying some cigs...

When you go north of Bucharest (Busteni etc.) there are some stunning mountain landscapes. Slow pace of life, lots of outside activities to do.

To the south is the beach. Some beach towns are really touristy but then you drive 20 mins and you're alone on a beautiful beach. There's a delta with stunning nature.

I haven't visited the other bigger cities or other regions.

More plusses: to Western norms it's cheap. It has great weather most of the year. Internet connections are surprisingly among the best in Europe. You won't see many tourists.

Cons too of course: It's progressing, but in some parts it's still a very poor country, you will be confronted with stuff you simply don't see in Western Europe. In the middle of winter it can get super cold and snow. Romanians are also helpful, but they can be very direct which still comes oft to me as rude even after having visited for longer periods 3 times.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.