[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /trv/ i'm an american i want to pick up and move to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_mmkg3uT2ma1r8rybao1_400.jpg (44KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmkg3uT2ma1r8rybao1_400.jpg
44KB, 399x600px
hey /trv/
i'm an american
i want to pick up and move to another country and just start and entirely new life
i dont want to be a vagabond, i want to settle elsewhere and abandon my old life; just create a whole new identity

if this possible anymore?
if so, how do i do it
>>
Do you really need to leave the country to do that?
>>
>>1151980
do i?
i feel like i do.

I at least need to move to a different city/state, and i'm not sure how to do that on very low funds.
>>
Maybe you should ask one of the other people that creates this thread twice a week now
Moving to another country is hard, bureaucratically, just move to a different state. Hitchhike there as hitching is free (yes it is still doable). Get a job there. Find a place to sleep. Start a garden. Stop being such a bitch. Go make friends at the comic book store. Join a D&D campaign. Knock up the cleric, get her drunk if you have to. Get a place together. Start a family. Get a minivan. Go to soccer practice. Go to pediatricians. Go on family vacations. Have an affair. Go to couples counseling. Get divorced. Go to visit your kids on Wednesdays and every other weekend. Go with them to the water park. Just for the love of God, don't come back to /trv/.
>>
File: 14326074557000.jpg (4KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
14326074557000.jpg
4KB, 200x189px
>>1152065
Just a pic to fine tune your otherwise perfect post, senpai
>>
>>1152065
I would second this, in a kinder and gentler tone just in case OP is not really a bad guy.

OP, the important take away there is that moving to almost any other country is a paperwork fest, unless you have some special skill they need or a lot of money, it is hard to get in at all. Most places don't really need to take on more people living marginally and sucking up resources without contributing. If you have such a skill. or such a money, then this does not apply to you, of course.

Before moving anywhere, visit first -- if you are looking to get away from yourself, you will notice that once you arrive in your interesting new country, you are there, too! But you may find doing some traveling gives you what you need (we tend to be pro-travel here) and you will have a chance to discover whether a potential new home suits you or not.
>>
>>1152065
>>1152071
>>1152093
sorry, i didn't realize this thread got created so often; i checked the sticky first just to make sure i wasnt being redundant

i'm fine with myself, i dont want to get away from me.....i want to get away from my current enviroment and the people around me.
when i've been able to do so in short spurts in the past, its been fine, so it seems like thats what i need permanently

i have skills, but they're mainly art skills, (art degree, etc etc) so idk how much worth that gives me
>>
>>1152260
You couldn't have picked a more useless skillset if you tried
>>
>>1152260
Your only real hope is to teach English as second language, or get a teaching license and become an international school teacher.
>>
File: 1470699032887.jpg (12KB, 181x220px) Image search: [Google]
1470699032887.jpg
12KB, 181x220px
>>1152260
>art degree
>>
>>1152405
its not actually art, its music technology
>>1152277
yeah i know
>>1152281
ESL is alright
>>
>>1152065
Le eat,pray,love maymay
>>
>>1151978
Look for places you can emigrate. Maybe you had an Irish grandparent? Or you are Jewish? I bet Somalia doesn't have any bureaucracy.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 500x375px
>>1152406
Still a useless degree.

There's another way to go about this and move to a very different part of the US. Like Mississippi or Montana. Less paperwork, less money, plus the US is basically the size of Europe. You can get the change without over complicating it.

Being a citizen of the country you live in is something that is easily undervalued.

Have you even been outside the US where people don't even speak your language and away from your comfort tendies? Try that first before moving.

I know you won't take the advice but that's because everyone has to fuck up on their own.
>>
>>1152696
>Have you even been outside the US where people don't even speak your language and away from your comfort tendies? Try that first before moving.
yes i have, i've been to europe before actually, which is why i thought of it.
France, is where i'd most like to emmigrate, but i dont speak french (yet) so i dont think that would be the best idea for me.
a different part of the US isn't a bad idea, so i'm certainly considering that.
>Being a citizen of the country you live in is something that is easily undervalued.
what do you mean?
without being a citizen you dont have many rights from what I can tell, but perhaps you are alluding to something else

and yes, i know my degree is still useless.
>>1152652
parents and grandparents are americans unfortunately
for great and great-great grandparents, i do have a german, and a brit, but i dont think those will do me any good, will they?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.