[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be crazy to go to Germany, specifically to a city with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 146378397.jpg (42KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
146378397.jpg
42KB, 640x427px
Would it be crazy to go to Germany, specifically to a city with a lot of industry, and try to find a manufacturing monotonous simple job that would help me stay there and pay my bills while learning German?
I only speak English and Spanish and my only qualification is a Law degree that would be totally useless there.
>>
>>1150361

I would recommend to first try to find the job remotely and then go there.
Chances are you won't get anything done there if you don't speak German. Also you might end up in the refugee camp if they don't understand you.

Though I know one guy who works in a sushi restaurant in Germany who only speaks spanish and english, so he made it somehow.
>>
>>1150364
I won't end up in a refugee camp because I'm an Italian citizen. I've tried looking for simple jobs online and haven't had luck so far in the English language pages. Maybe the German ones would be better. But I haven't seen any simple street sweeping job offers anywhere either. I'm talking about the simplest kind of job possible that I could do speaking only English. A job at a factory would be ideal. Assembling things, packing things, something like that, and go up from there.
>>
>>1150365

You only speak english and spanish yet are an italian?

Your best bet is a restaurant.
Tons of local restaurants, in small towns though, pretty much have to close because they can't find staff. However, you need to be diligent and can't slack off. Most people either don't work well enough or they realize that even a simple job is serious business if you have to do it the whole week.

Or try to cold call large companies that might have somebody who speaks english.

Then again, without speaking the language of the country it ain't easy anywhere.
>>
>>1150366
I don't speak Italian and have never been there, but I have Italian blood and that is enough to get citizenship.
The restaurant job would be a kitchen porter kind of job right?
I've heard those could be either manageable, or absolutely impossible to handle because of the insane workload.
>>
>>1150361
How is a law degree completly useless? Are you sure there isn't something you can do with that? Why do you want to trade a chill office job in your home country for a manufacturing job in Germany?

having that said...don't go to Berlin if you're looking for a factory job, the city lacks any industrial base. South Germany is probably the best bet for heavy industry jobs, but it strongly depends on the city. E.g. VW produces in Wolfburg up north, but if you're in Wolfsburg and don't find a job, you're probably screwed. So I'd rather look for a job first and then move to a city. Also, working conditions in those kind of jobs have really gotten worse in the last 15 years. Some factory workers here do still get a lot of money for doing simple jobs. But there's this thing called Zeitarbeit, which means that you do the same thing as everybody else, but get less money, shitty hours and can get fired any time. And if you come to a random city with no connections and no language skills, you will most likely end up having to do Zeitarbeit. And you will have to compete with people from Poland, Romania and a bunch of other countries who are willing to work harder than you for less money.
>>
>>1150368
Well a chill office job in Venezuela is sadly not going to happen. At least not a job that leads somewhere, with the wages being an equivalent of 25$ a month if you convert it. The cheapest new car is 15.000$ there. The economy has literally collapsed. There are food and medicine shortages and the country is on the brink of a social explosion with unknown consequences.
That's why I'm trying to escape from there.
Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>1150364
My brother is a Mexican citizen that doesn't speak German and has no college degree, he had no issues getting a job in Germany, mind you it's a 2000 euro/month job but it's much better than working in Mexico.
>>
>>1150376
And on which city did he found it?
>>
>>1150380
Munich, I think OP just said Berlin as an example of a city, if I were Venezuelan I would go wherever the fuck someone would hire me.
>>
>>1150381
I've heard good things about Munich as well. Also, that I would be despised for not speaking German, lol.
>>
>>1150383
Well if you make an effort to learn i don't think anyone will have a problem with you.
>>
>>1150376
They are fucking everywhere holy shit.
>>
File: 501310ee186133612d004e9b.png (152KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
501310ee186133612d004e9b.png
152KB, 400x306px
Oh my god why the hell is literally every Spanish and Italian speaker trying to move to Germany all of a sudden? Within the last 3 years my city has transformed into 50% Spanish/Italian.

You guys are worse than the Ar*bs to be honest. You just open up another Italian restaurant that we didn't need, associate only with other Spanish/Italian speakers, and refuse to assimilate. I know guys who have lived here for 5+ years and can't even speak a word of German.

Everyday I meet yet another fat Spanish programmer or Italian artist with a beard and dreads and all of them are clueless about Germany. Sometimes I feel like I'm studying in Spain rather than Germany because my university has so many foreign students from Spain/Latin America. I work in a bank and every day I meet numerous southern Euros who approach me with broken English even though they've been coming to the same bank for the last year. They don't even attempt to learn German or bother one bit with assimilation even though they plans on staying here permanently.

If you plan to come here don't be a pain in the ass for everyone else.
>>
>>1150361
Yes that is dumb
go to berlin and get a normal job in your own language
>>
>>1150402
I won't be doing that. I don't care about Spanish, Mexican or Italian expats, that's not why I'm going there for. And I think it's extremely disrespectful not to assimilate/learn the language after living for a while there. I also think the German language really sounds very beautiful and would be happy to learn it. But the whole thing depends on me finding a simple job in a german city that would allow me to live there, pay the bills and learn the language, before pursuing further education.
>>
>>1150368
Zeitarbeit usually refers to people who are sent to a job from a (private) job-search/temp agency (basically outsourcing) firm. Every hour of pay you work for the company you're actually working for, the temp agency will take off like 2-3€ for themselves. Why? Because they 'helped' you find the job.

>>1150367
You're already too educated to want to work an industrial job, trust me. It's all Turks, lower class Germans and uneducated Yugos doing that kind of shit. Germany is also not quite as industrial as it likes to pretend. Getting a 'cushy' union job with perks on the factory floor at VW or Bosch or something is next to impossible without doing at least some bullshit training at a Berufschule (i.e. an 'Ausbildung').

A law degree would be useless in Germany, unless it was about German law. But it's still something. What other skills do you have? Can you teach Spanish to pay the bills while training for something else?

Rare as fuck, but I know a Venezuelan here in Germany.
>>
>>1150416
Well It's not that surprising that you know someone from Venezuela, a lot of Venezuelans are leaving it because the country is collapsing.
What does he do? Some of the people that leave have very useful degrees like chemical engineering, and it's not difficult for them to find good jobs.
>>
>>1150416
I don't have any other skills, sadly. I'm a native Spanish speaker and I also speak English at a very decent level. I have found that some native English people from Britain have worse grammar than me, which is kind of funny.
Could I teach Spanish having no qualifications in it and not speaking German?
>>
>>1150383
Munich sucks. Crowded with filthy sandniggers and Italians (sometimes hard to tell the difference), expensive, and not really not that nice to live in. Some nice old buildings and beer halls (for overpriced pork and beer served by bitches in titty-shirts, but so what?). Heading for the biggest city you can find is the biggest mistake everyone makes. At least you're not aiming for Berlin, but Munich is hardly better. It's much easier to get a foothold in a smaller or mid-size city. Frankly I think they're much more liveable anyway, and then you'll actually interact with Germans.

>>1150418
He works at the business faculty of a university. Teaching stuff about international business and such. I don't know precisely, he's a friend of a friend I've only met a handful of times when out drinking. Cool guy though.

Anyway, aim higher. Restaurants or I've been here for 6 years, and been through all the fucking legal hoop-jumping at the Ausländerbehörde that all the Germans here don't know shit about. You're not going to get any kind of visa by aiming for restaurant work or factory drudgery. If you do have an Italian passport, then it doesn't matter. If you can get one, do it already!

If I were you, I'd apply for some study program. Student visas are not hard to get provided you are accepted into some study program. You can get language learning visas to cram German every day for several months, then do a language exam (the DSH) to get entry into the program (if it's in German). These aren't free, but if you can afford it, do it. Your English is good, so if you can find an English program you're also set. If you have

You will still need about 9000€ per year up front in a locked (no large withdrawals) German bank account for the student visa, however. Get loans if you need to.

If you have other questions, AMA.
>>
>>1150419
Can you get some kind of Teaching Spanish to Foreigners certificate over there? Like something similar to ESL?

Not saying it's very high-paid or that there's tonnes of work for it, but you should be able to find something for sure and it can keep you afloat. Maybe you can look for firms that are doing business with Latin America and would like a Spanish speaker to train them? I'd treat it like a transition job. And it would be better than that faggy-ass Castilian Spanish everyone here learns. Colombian/Venezuelan (not exactly the same, I know I know) Spanish is among the most clear there is.

Language instruction should mostly be in the target language (except maybe among absolute beginners, but many Germans learn a couple years of Spanish here, so they should have some basics). So no, it doesn't matter if you don't know German right at the start. You'll learn. Of course, do learn German as well, as it will only help in every way.

Your best bet, honestly, is getting married or knocking up a German woman. Not hard considering how much Germans women hate dating German men (sorry Germbros, but I can tell you it's true).
>>
>>1150430
I wouldn't be needing any kind of visa because I have an Italian passport. I would be interested in studying, but my main priority would be getting a job to pay the bills and stay while learning German.
You mentioned smaller to mid-size cities, could you please tell me which do you think would be better for finding an English speaking or non-German speaking job?
The Venezuelan guy that you know sounds like he has a very good job there already, teaching. I would imagine his qualifications are amazing, but that's not exactly my case since I only have a Law degree which is an undergrad degree, as opposed to countries like USA where a Law degree is at a postgraduate level.
Btw thanks for writing all that
>>
>>1150430
>Munich sucks
Non-German pleb detected. München is the best city in all of Germany.
>>
>>1150432
I could probably get an ESL, I've never thought about that and it seems like a reasonable idea.
I find it very funny that you actually are able to recognize that the Castilian Spanish accent is atrocious, because indeed it's terrible. The Spanish spoken in Colombia, Venezuela or Mexico is actually clearer and easier to understand for a foreigner than proper Spanish, and it's also usually more pleasant to hear. When I went to Spain their accent started to annoy me very fast. It's one of the reasons Spanish people speak terrible English as well. Their native accent spills into their English and it sounds horrible.
>>
>>1150402
Same can be said of Germans in Mallorca desu.
>>
>>1150458
Except that Germans see Mallorca purely as a vacation location and not a place to work/live. No one in their right mind has any will to move permanently to Mallorca unless they're 60+ years old or work in the tourism industry.
>>
File: ayycaramba.jpg (15KB, 384x367px) Image search: [Google]
ayycaramba.jpg
15KB, 384x367px
>>1150395
Deal with it fagget. You're going to end up eating tacos and drinking tequila, and you're going to like it whether you want it or not.
>>
>>1150462
>You're going to end up eating tacos and drinking tequila, and you're going to like it
Doesn't sound too bad, desu. I for one hail our new Mexican overlords. A few amateurish chainsaw decapitations to keep the order sounds like a fair price to pay.
>>
>>1150445

Yuck. I really don't like spanish spoken in those countries. It's slow and whiny like if it was being spoken by a fat clingy woman. I much rather listen to the faster, brisker and more manly castillian spanish.
>>
>>1150436
It's really not. Fine for a visit, but living there? No way.

>>1150435
Still, you know better what you're interested in. See if you can study something else in Germany that you would like. It should be possible, provided you do the right preparations.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.