[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which city is the best for art and museums? I'd say London

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Which city is the best for art and museums?

I'd say London just because of the sheer amount.
>>
>>1150274
Berlin
>>
>>1150277
Wut, what do you even have there?
>>
>>1150274
Only because they literally plundered it all from every other country, but the fact remains. Best part is it's all free.
>>
>>1150274
Washington, D.C. Dense, too. Most oj one general area by the National Mall
>>
>>1150279
A great deal of ancient history museums and art galleries
>>
>>1150285
Germany has barely produced any notable artists apart from Durer, and they never had an Empire, can't see Berlin stacking up against London, Paris or Rome.
>>
File: chapultepec.jpg (199KB, 909x577px) Image search: [Google]
chapultepec.jpg
199KB, 909x577px
>>1150274
>Washington, D.C. Dense, too. Most oj one general area by the National Mall
I second D.C. and the sheer quality of the museums, especially the private museums, not just the Smithsonians. New York of course. You can't argue at the rarity of items only the Met can get their hands on.
Vienna is a great city, to see different museums every single visit..might have about 250 museums, as well.

Not going to appeal to everyone, but Mexico City has an amazing collection of museums, from the natural history (with awesome Egyptian exhibit like in London), but also gorgeous art simply hanging on the walls in the Castillo to the modern art. It's as good as New York, with museums filing the center and surrounds of their Central Park, Chapultepec (Maximilian was Hapsburg).
>>
File: image.jpg (318KB, 1000x845px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
318KB, 1000x845px
>>1150274
of course Rome, Florence, Paris and London
>>
>>1150287
Literal retard.
>>
>>1150409
Nice refutation, fag. Berlin has much less in terms of the arts than even fucking Madrid.
>>
>>1150417
Not the one you calling nasty names, but you should really read up on the Museuminsel. It's pretty cash.

I'd also nominate Rome.
>>
>>1150274
ROME. LONDON. PARIS
>>
>>1150277
you are aware the that blaue riter movement was largely berlin based, as well as bauhaus.
Oh, and then there's the world famous pergamon. A museu which houses both the city wall of babylon, and the pergamon temple
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.