[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's there to do in Brussels (or other places close-by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Brussels_76794490_sRGB_fc.jpg (3MB, 2288x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Brussels_76794490_sRGB_fc.jpg
3MB, 2288x1400px
what's there to do in Brussels (or other places close-by in Belgium)? I'm mainly into art - actual art, like the paintings and sculptures from pre-1850. Really I'm open to any Museums or interesting sights though.
>>
>>1148950
>actual art, like the paintings and sculptures from pre-1850
kill urself luddite

also, look around you. the entire city is art. the face of every building is a baroque or gothic sculpturepiece

besides that, the Rubenhuis and the Magritte museum are both worth checking out
>>
File: son-of-man.jpg (55KB, 650x811px) Image search: [Google]
son-of-man.jpg
55KB, 650x811px
Ok so far I've got the military museum and the European parliament building. Hopefully they do planned tours for EU parliament, otherwise I'll just see it from outside.

>>1148962
Not trying to say your city's unimpressive anon, I never see anything like this in Dublin.

Rubenhuis looks great, definitely won't miss it.

>Magritte Museum
eh, maybe if it's a really slow week.
>>
>>1148950
The museums at are good. The Hortamuseum. Bozar has different things all the time, but mostly more modern. Museum van Elsene has older works in their permanent collection.

The costume and lace museum (quite small but nice) and especially the musical instruments museum are cool.

For galleries that show/sell classical art you should go to the Zavel square. And when you're there you should def check out the church there. It's surprisingly nice on the inside. Impressive stained glass.
>>
>>1148989
>The museums at are good
Wanted to say: The museums at Kunstberg are good.

It's where the Magritte museum is, but several others too.
>>
>>1148990
The info on the Kunstberg museums:
http://www.fine-arts-museum.be/en/museums
>>
>>1148996
>>1148989
Definitely won't miss this now, thanks anon. I honestly might skip the 20th century museum too but I'll see how it goes.
>>
>>1149033
How was it, anon? I'm curious.
>>
>>1150010
If you want to see more 19th-20th century war shit than you will ever want to see in your life, go to the Belgian war museum. Most museums have only a fraction of their collection on exhitbit: not so with the Belgians. Every medal, every uniform, ever frickin' sabre they have is on exhibition.
If this were an African museum, it'd be long looted to serve as an armory for some weird civil war.
>>
>>1150010
>>1150118
Have yet to be there, but I will!
>>
File: Leuven2.jpg (1MB, 1200x701px) Image search: [Google]
Leuven2.jpg
1MB, 1200x701px
Since you mentioned "other places close by":
I live in Leuven, a 20min train ride from Brussels. It's a small city with some cool architecture sites (several churches, the city hall, the university's central library). There's also the M-museum which has quite some medieval and early modern paintings.

All in all it's a cozy city, small enough to be a day trip at most.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.