[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /trv/, european guy here. I will be in USA for work in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Hello /trv/, european guy here.
I will be in USA for work in september and taking the opportunity, I will also travel solo around some cities (probably LA, San Francisco, NYC).
When visiting European cities I'm used to book hostels with dorm rooms and common spaces, is this a thing in the USA?
Are they total shitholes for crackheads or a good way for not-so-demanding travelers sleeping cheap?
>pic related, my concept of a good hostel, at 25 eur a night
>>
Hostels aren't really much of a thing here as they are in Europe however in the big cities you will find some. It should be noted however they are much more expensive than their euro counterparts. Accommodation in the U.S. is far more expensive than most of Europe barring maybe England or parts of Scandinavia.
>>
>>1148461
Seems you are goddamn right... almost impossible to find anything under 60usd/night
>>
Where are you from OP? I want to start to get to know some more people internationally and maybe make friends with random people. If you want to visit chicago let me know.

I won't even rape/kill you.
>>
>>1148538
I'm from Italy..
Chicago doesn't really say much to me... what are some good reasons to get there? except that there is someone who might not rape me of course
>>
>>1148419
there's no hostels here because there's no budget travel. we don't have lccs or public transit either.

the reason we don't have any of these are because low budget options tended to be extremely dangerous, as they'd be exploited by a certain subpopulation within america.

PTA meetings will protest building public transit in a city beause it makes it easier for burglars to rob houses

there you go, you know the secret. be sure to relay this to the next "americans are all dumb republicans" ranting liberal in europe who decided to let refugees in, to pay me back
>>
>>1148419
All the Hostels I've seen in the US are way overpriced and are probably marketed towards hipsters. There are, however, crazy cheap hotels, AitBnB, and craigslist.
>>
>>1148577
It has some of the best architecture in the world, home of the first steel skyscraper and the 'tallest' building in north america.

We have one of the best food scenes in the world and not just 'eat this pizza' or 'have these hotdogs' - if you're into fine dining there's a crazy amount to try.

Chicago is an alpha city, it's hard to describe. It has everything you would expect from a major metro. It's dense and sprawling, the first grid city.

At the end of the day if you want to visit a city that was the best in the world in 1900 then come to Chicago.
>>
Wtf? Every major city in the US has a multitude of hostels to choose from. They might not be $10 a night cheap but theyre still affordable
>>
>>1148580
>there's no hostels here because there's no budget travel

There are certainly WAY fewer. Low-cost motels are used instead, and of course now couch-surfing and such are in the game. In large cities you an find hostels, though.
>>
OP here, thanks for all the info, I found that Hostelling International (HI) is quite spread in the USA, prices are also decent ~40-50USD a night.
Probably will end up there, not really sure on which city other than NYC for 6 days of my 2 weeks stay.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.