[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with lonelyness on a solo trip when you are introverted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (115KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 600x800px
How do you deal with lonelyness on a solo trip when you are introverted and kind of shy?
>>
>Go abroad
>Had own apartment in shanty area
>Just wandered and shopped at local markets
>Had to get back, again, not the safest country, shanty area, and there were protests and rioting the day I got there to boot
>Gotta get back before sundown
>Would just order food and watch movies

I do it the same way I do at home.
>>
I used to return always to the same restaurant all two or three days. After some days i knew all the waiters lifestorys. Gave me an enourmous sense of wellbeing
>>
>>1147926
What lonelyness? As an introvert human contact isn't nearly as necessary as it is for other people.
I've travelled a fair few times by myself now, almost all of it on my own, and I can't say I've been lonely at all.
>>
Had my first solo week trip a few weeks ago. I'm really not into going out and going to clubs unlike the people in my hostel so I just walked around the city and looked at people/stuff. I liked it better that way but sometimes I felt lonely and got a little bit down
>>
Don't force yourself to be social. Let it happen naturally. Longer the trip goes on, the more social you'll become. Even when you're absolutely comfortable starting conversations, solo traveling is mostly just that, solo and quiet and peaceful and reflective. I think it's ideal for introverted personalities as it can be for extroverted..
>>
I'm a photographer so that can be a lot of fun if I'm travelling alone. I like to set myself a challenge everyday like photograph something yellow, or frame a photo with a window or archway.
>>
>>1147926
you deal with it by being less of a fucking faggot

if you're willing to go to new places, eat new food, listen to new music, try a new language, why can't you act like a new person you gigantic fucking gay cock slob
>>
>>1147926
lots of meaningless sex
>>
>>1148319
Because i don't want to pretend that i'm something i'm not. Does lying to yourself make you feel any better? At the end of the day you are the same person.
>>
Learn to enjoy your own company.
>>
>>1148363
you'll try new foods, go new places, learn new things, but you won't try ACTING a new way because you think it makes you fake?

are you fucking stupid?

you sound like a dumb bitch who takes 20 dicks anally then says she's christian because she's a virgin.

you made this topic to ask how people deal with shyness. they deal with shyness by TRYING to not be shy, you fucking idiot.

something tells me you don't actually like trying new things, but that you just do it so you can brag to people about how "open minded" you are.

it's hard to be open minded if you won't try new habits.
>>
>>1147930
PARKLIFE
>>
>>1148370
you seem real fucking mad lad
>>
>>1148354
>Almost no libido
>>
>>1148370
wew lad stop embarrassing yourself
>>
>being introverted
>getting lonely

pick one you pathetic perpetually victimized faggots.
>>
>>1147926
I'm in the opposite camp of >>1148304. If I don't force myself to socialize from the get-go then I get used to doing my own thing and end up going hermit mode for the entire trip. I am a shy introvert as well but I do feel lonely at times. It's for this reason that I stay at hostels - keeping to yourself can be done anywhere, but if you're socially awkward then you will want as much lubricant as possible to help you meet other people. Hostels are a much better environment for that than, say, a hotel, or even airbnb.

That being said, if you want to socialize then my advice is to always keep an eye out for any group activity going on, e.g. pub crawls or free dinner nights. Always hangout in the common area instead of your room. Try to always sit down with others instead of off by yourself. Introduce yourself immediately and get the usual "where are you from" introductions out. You can usually judge from their answers and expressions if they want to be left alone or if they're willing to chat.

I am really bad at smalltalk so I always go through my list of conversation starters:
>Where are you from (country)?
>Where have you visited so far on this trip?
>Next destination?
>Cool places you recommend?
After a couple minutes you can suggest grabbing a bite to eat, getting a drink, talking a walk around, etc.
>>
>>1148510
Introversion/extroversion is a meme.

It's odd to think that it's possible to divide entire human race with all variation between people's characters into just two buckets which can possibly mean or explain anything.

These days "introverted" is very often used as an euphemism for someone with poor social skills.
>>
>>1148370
underrated post
>>
>>1148526 cont., on the flip side if you feel lonely but don't feel like socializing then basically >>1148369. What >>1148308 is a general idea of what you could be doing, which is find an activity that gives you purpose and helps you focus on something other than your loneliness. I send postcards and keep a journal when I travel; doing those can eat up 1-3 hours at a coffeeshop and occupies my mind while reminding me of all the cool stuff I've done so far. Take an hour to upload some nice pictures you took. Hunt for souvenirs. Make silly goals for the short term and long term, such as take a picture of every engrish signs you see (long term) or visit every statue in the park (short term). When I went to Japan, I tried to have a new beverage every day. It started out tame (tea, assortment of coffee drinks); towards the end I was drinking a weird pumpkin & flan milk tea concoction made by Lipton... The flavor was, ahem, very different.
>>
>>1148370
You sound like someone who's not shy at all himself.
>>
>>1148370
That completely drains a introvert energy level very quickly. Stop being a ass.
>>
>>1148571
your objections are the same as an obese person who asks to lose weight, who, when you tell him to stop eating so much, complains that it's hard

stop being cockgoblins

he can try to fix his problem, or he can stew in self pity and pretend to fix it, while you pretend to be "nice" to him by allowing him not to confront it.

the world revolves around pretense. and yours is that you don't suck down gallons of cum.
>>
>>1147932
This pretty much. I don't think OP is an introvert, it sounds like he is just a shy extrovert lacking confidence or something.
>>
Alcohol and cocaine
>>
>>1147926
I'm an introvert and not even at all outgoing but meeting people when traveling and staying in hostels is so easy that if you really want to you can hang out with people every single day. I didn't even start the conversation most days, they were the ones who approached me. But the easiest way is to just talk to people you meet in your hostel room. They're already there so it's almost awkward not to say hello. And that's another thing, if you're staying in hostels at least say hello to people as you enter the room. Most will be nice to introduce themselves, and if they don't they're probably dicks you don't want to talk to anyways.

Sometimes it does get lonely but I always have a thought in my mind when that comes up. I'd much rather be lonely and traveling than lonely at home.
>>
>>1147926
I drink heavily and then walk around cities while shitposting on instagram ;_;

But I'm still young enough I can go to concerts and talk to people when smoking, have had some good times that way.

But now I am at the point where 3/4 days by myself starts to get old, and it turns me into a depressive mess.
>>
hostels.

Honestly, there's a huge misconception about how interoverts are socially awkward people. They don't have to be - it just means that they expend energy by socializing, while extroverts get energy from it.

I'm great at making friends but prefer to be alone. I do alright with women, etc. but I need my alone time to be able to do all of that well.

Go to hostels, OP. Sit in the common area with alcohol or a book (I personally like both) and you'll either end up going out, or staying in and having a really great conversation (or repetitive one if you're on a longer trip).

I think it also helps to be okay with being alone. Learn to go out alone, too. I do it sometimes and always end up meeting a ton of people by the end of the night. I figured if I can do it traveling, I can do it at home.
>>
>>1148370
WEW
>>
Dumb question but in europe whats the deal with language barriers in hostels? Theres a massive mix of cultures and people but is it generally an issue for people to understand eachother?

Obviously i understand people from the same country/language will buddy up and speak that language. But like when you first walk in or introduce yourself before knowing who is from where, is it all english, the language of the country you are in?

This is all very new to me and im staying at my first hostel in a few hours and im not really sure what to expect lol.
>>
Just go balls deep and talk to everyone in hostels etc and figure out the people you want to spend time with.
>>
>>1148774
Its all english, its the default go to language for everyone. I've seen two dutch people speaking english to eachother for a few minutes before realising they were both dutch.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.