[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does anyone know anything about this area? It's one of many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: vaginia.png (92KB, 514x365px) Image search: [Google]
vaginia.png
92KB, 514x365px
does anyone know anything about this area? It's one of many places I'm considering while looking for jobs. mainly because of its location between the outer banks (surfing) and richmond (dank beer)
>>
>>1146943
>Great Dismal Swamp
Those cats really do know how to market their nature reserves.
>>
>>1146943
Norfolk is a pretty decent small city, lots going on, very lively arts scene, Traffic in the area can be brutal for its size, since tunnels are choke-points. Lots of decent restaurants. Summers are hot/humid, and due to low-lying area, street-flooding is common when there are thunderstorms. There is a good Pokemon spot down by the pagoda.
>>
>>1146970
thanks senpai
>>
>>1146943
Virginia is my favorite state: it has great beaches, hiking, wineries, history, and towns. People are educated, but not as pretentious as those in the Northeast.

VA Beach and Norfolk area is mostly middle class families and military, so if you're looking for a nice dating scene, you'll be disappointed - Northern VA is much better for that. Richmond does have the University and some decent breweries, but the town itself is rundown, crime-ridden, and ghetto as fuck.
>>
>>1147365
>some decent breweries
bruh. the answer is beyond decent and now they have hype city, the veil

also the biggest thing keeping me from virginia is dindu general
>>
>>1146943
I grew up in Hampton Roads. It's mostly either generic suburban sprawl (and it goes on for about 50 miles) or ghetto-suicidal, with traffic you'd expect from a much larger city. That said, it's cheap, the winters are very mild and there are certainly worse places. Watch out for the tunnels and try to avoid bars where navy dudes go.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
dont go too far west
>>
I live in DC but went to school in Richmond, most of the Hampton Roads is summed up by this guy
>>1148627
It's cheaper than DC/NOVA, but suburban hell or it can turn into the blackest place on earth if you go to certain areas

People in Virginia are shit tier drivers, so the frustration from tunnels/bridges would get old over time. I don't really understand the appeal of the area tbqh
>>
The job market blows here. Retired military with pensions taking shit pay just to get out of the house. Chicks Beach is the locals area. Check out Hot Tuna, Commonwealth Brewing and Buoy 44. Avoid Hampton and Newport News.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.