[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've recently graduated from high school, and have been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

I've recently graduated from high school, and have been suffering from major depressive disorder for the past two years. I'm sick of my life, and can't stand to spend anymore time in the situation I'm currently in. Before I spend another 4 years of my life studying at a University, I want a few months of freedom. I want to travel to somewhere I've never been, and experience something new.

I've got ~$7,000AUD saved up. What can this get me? I was hoping to possibly going to Japan. I should also mention, that I'm most likely going to be travelling alone, as the friends I have can't afford to travel right now. And besides, I think I'd rather be alone.

I'm from Australia, and want to go to a country I've never been to before, and preferably one where where English isn't the main language, and marijuana is easy/legal to get a hold of.

I've already been to almost every country in the Middle East, and the USA. The only other language I can understand/speak is the Lebanese dialect of Arabic.

Can anyone help me?
>>
well no weed but japan is cool. if you really want somewhere alone and beautiful and secluded go up to tohoku or hokkaido. if you've just graduated high school there's no rush mate.
>>
>>1146885
Thanks.

I know that I probably shouldn't be rushing, but I feel like if I spend anymore time having to deal with the issues I've got in my current situation, I'm going to end up killing myself. And I can't handle a bunch more stress from university so soon after high school.

I also live with a pretty strict and religious family, so I also really want to be able to drink alcohol/do drugs/whatever, without any repercussions.
>>
Keep in mind you will go to jail for drugs in japan, its not like Australia where if you are caught its a fine.
7k will get you about 90 days or a bit more which is the length of a visa. Eat out of combinis ,sight see with your legs, spend a good amount of time in each location. Learn essential phrases if you dont really care about the language, if you do try to learn as much as possible before you leave aus.
What state you in?
>>
>>1146894
I'm in Victoria.
>>
>>1146898
Adelaidean here, also fly jetstar hopefully when they do another deal. Or whoever is cheapest
>>
>>1146900
Thanks for the help.

Yeah, I looked at what Jetstar had for January through to March, and it was about $890 in total for a return flight.
>>
>>1146864
Come to Venezuela hehe, easy to find marijuana and your 4000$ will last you months
>>
>>1146864
>Falling for the Japan meme
Go to China instead. The $7,000 AUD will last you a LOT longer and it's objectively better unless you are a complete sheltered pussy that can't handle a little dirt and discomfort. Visit some places other than Shanghai and Beijing. People will love you (even it's just because you're a foreigner) which might cheer you up a lot.
>must have legal weed
Fuck that. Isn't the whole point of your trip to fix your depression and hence not being dependent on drugs?
>>
>>1146945
Interesting. I wouldn't mind visiting the Great Wall.

Thanks for the help.
>>
>>1146945
>dont goto japan goto china
Worst advice i've ever seen here. China is a communist shithole with the worlds worst people

Goto japan
>>
>>1146905
Just did a quick search and found return flights for $483 and another site for $503, from Melbourne.
Try lurking on these sites for sales not sure if they fit your timeline but keep watching:
https://www.ozbargain.com.au/cat/travel
http://www.secretflying.com/oceania-deals/
>>
>>1146945
They'll love you because 99% of the people will be trying to scam you out of your money. Chinese people have zero shame about shit like that unless they think it'll bring shame to their entire family
>>
>Going to Japan by yourself if depressed.

Seriously guys.

Australian here, in Japan at the moment actually. Take your $7k and party through Bali,Thailand,Cambodia and Vietnam banging $20 hookers and doing as much drugs as you want while you live like a king seriously.
>>
>>1148006
Didn't know about these sites, thank you very much!
>>
>>1148014
Idk man, I really don't see the appeal of going to Bali. It seems so dirty to me, yet all my friends loved going there over the school holidays in high school.

Main reason I'm going to Japan is for the culture and shit. I'm hoping to find a friend to take with me, in case I get lost or something, but it shouldn't be too bad.
>>
>>1147194
I have a better idea than everyone else in this thread

maybe mohammed should go the back to fucking lebanon

this dumb asshole sounds like every other "moderate" muslims 3 months before he suicide bombs someone and finds "happiness" in life again via islam

you people are fucked in the head. get the fuck out
>>
>>1148339
But anon, I was born in Australia. How could I go back to a place I was never from.

I'm also not even Muslim anymore.
>>
File: omar-mateen-10.jpg (26KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
omar-mateen-10.jpg
26KB, 540x720px
>>1148340
yes, right. I forgot. omar mateen was also not a real muslim. in that case, welcome!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.