[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am driving from Myrtile Beach SC to Miami. Starting tomorrow,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 0

I am driving from Myrtile Beach SC to Miami. Starting tomorrow, have to be in Miami on friday morning. Where to stop along the way? Not american BTW.
>>
Savannah, Georgia
>>
Charleston, SC
>>
>>1145444
Why? and where to stay?
>>
I've made that trip several times. Jacksonville Florida is a good place to stop. Don't stay in Orelando, it's dangerous as fuck. It splits the trip up great, Miami is only like 4:30 hours away from jville. I recommend the Days in on Nw36th street right in front of the airport. Rooms are cheap and clean and it has a really cool tropical like pool. Have fun, and good luck with the traffic.
>>
>>1145443
Former SCfag here, now Floridafag, I got you covered boss.

It'll only be like two hours, but go down 17 and stop in Charleston. I'd suggest staying west of the Ashley, that way traffic won't be so bad in the morning. You can swap CHS for Savannah, but I wouldn't see both, honestly pretty similar. Unfortunately most POIs are off the I (interstate). From either Charleston or Savannah, get over to 95. Stop at Whataburger in Jacksonville, it's not far out of the way, get a taste of a Texas icon. I'd suggest stopping at Kennedy Space Center, which isn't too far out of the way, and then Coco Beach can be done st the same time. Cape Canaveral is a neat little place. Alternatively, Orlando theme parks are not too far away, but you'll potentially be on the wrong side of town as far as traffic. Miami has Little Cuba which is neat, plus I'd check out the A1A somewhere along the way, neat road for a little bit, very slow going though. Depending on whether you'll be driving back north or not, might be wise to invest in SunPass, you can get them at some pharmacies and convenience stores. It can save some heartache driving in south Florida.

Good luck man, if you have any specific questions, just ask, I have a hard time remembering all the cool shit there is out there.
>>
>>1145526
Thanks man!

We have been thinking of going to Savannah to day, do you know a specific place to stay in town or a a good part of town?

out of all restaurants to pick you mentioned the one i already have eaten on in jacksonville. great burger tho.

Thanks for great advice bro!
>>
>>1145551
You want to be near the Riverfront area, that's the big tourist draw happening part of town.

Glad you got to try it. Maybe Krystals then? It's very similar to Whitecastle.

And truly sorry for fast food recommendations, but it's truly a big part of American culture.

Paula Deen has a restaurant in Savannah, which is supposed to be really good. Lots of comfort food and just a pinch of racism! Try looking maybe for soulfood places, black owned and run. They can be amazing, and it's almost like you're in a different world. I hope we haven't dissapointed you, the South is not represented well outside the US I think. We tend to be pretty cynical in this day and age, but most folks are alright, just trying to get by.

Watch you speed in GA, lots of cops hiding, waiting for guys to fly by once the road opens to three lanes. Florida is much safer as far as that goes. If I was a traffic cop I'd want to murder whoever designed I-95 there, there's absolutely nowhere to hide.
>>
>>1145562
Have you been on Tybee island? thinking of maybe going there for one night?
>>
>>1145575
Haven't been, but I hear it's nice.
>>
>>1145575
Thanks for all the tips!

I am now in Savannah, planing on going to coco beach tomorrow and spend two nights there. how are the people there? young party people or families?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.