[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw decided to try WWOOFING >tfw hosts make me work 7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: sponge.gif (464KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
sponge.gif
464KB, 500x338px
>tfw decided to try WWOOFING
>tfw hosts make me work 7 days a week
>tfw lectured for being 10 mins late to breakfast
>tfw hosts wife always making passive agressive remarks
>tfw doing pain-in-the ass projects for no pay
should i bail? ive only been here a week but i said i would stay for a month
>>
Fuck yea you should bail. Make sure to write a review about the couple hosting you as well. So others can avoid your fate. You don't owe them shit and if they're treating you disrespectfully then I would just pack up my bags and leave.
>>
>>1145339
Its weird because most of their reviews are good and they even told me that their place was a resort compared to the shacks most wwoofers deal with but i think its bullshit.
>>
>>1145343
Honestly just getting a couple passive aggressive comments would have been enough for me to move on. You're travelling to enjoy life, not to get talked down to by some cranky housewife.
>>
Yep, you should. Their part of the deal is to treat you well and give you a comfy experience, since you are helping them out for NO CASH.

I worked at a hostel in December 2015, in Rio (I'm brazilian).
>supposed to stay in the reception during new year's eve.
>I'm there for 2 weeks alrdy
>hostel is shitty (employees were all cool though)
>kitchen is disgusting, only 1 fire works for 7 employees + guests
>no laundry
>boss treats us like shit, only makes the job harder
>cashier is always wrong cause the system sucks
>I check out reviews in hostelworld : this guy says hostel is bad, my boss replied to him : fuck you, I don't ever want to see you and your ugly gf here again

> just left at 31th Dec in the morning, when it wasn't my shift
>boss was super excited to go see the fireworks
>probably had to stay all night in the reception cause I bailed
>sent me angry messages, ofc

>tfw you just reply with "hahahahahahahaha"
>>
Of course you should bail. Sounds like your hosts have had bad experiences in the past by cutting wwoofers slack, and/or they're just assholes.
I've never had a host demand more than 6 hours/6 days a week from me. Are you in some shithole country where guests are an actual expense to maintain? I know in Morocco you're usually expected to pay the host a little.
>>
Bail!

Teaching English isn't quite as flexible, but is a much better option if you want to stay for free in a non English speaking country.

>>1145354
>tfw you just reply with "hahahahahahahaha"

don't you mean huehuehuehuehue?
>>
I've always worked for about 6h/d, 5 days a week. You should definitely leave.
>>
>>1145457
>are you in some shithole country
yeah america
>>
>>1145498
Well to be fair i do only work 4-5 hours a day as opposed to 6+
>>
>>1145596

This wwoof sounds like a shitty deal. I'd rather just work a real job, even online, and then get paid decent cash enough to cover all expenses, rather than be worked like a slave just for meals and a bed. If it takes wwoof 6 hours a day to earn a meal and bed, when I could earn it in 2 hours tops working in my field online, then online work is 3x as efficient. Plus after working hard labor all day, aren't you too tired to go out and do shit? And you waste much of the sun hours. Is wwoof just for unskilled poorfags?
>>
>>1145644
Yeah WWOOF is a shit deal since im far from civilization and the people i stay with prefer i eat all the meals with them and if i dont get up at 6:30 for breakfast they get pissed and i feel like they get pissed when they see me on break even though im working 4 free. maybe ill get a tent and camp out somewhere instead
>>
>>1145654
>far from civilization

That's what I would figure, it is a farm after all, and for places you would need a bus the most (rural) there are none, generally. Could be worst, at least no pesticides to give you cancer.
>>
>>1145658
Im just north of the bay and considering just vagabonding in SF desu. I could be making momey doing all these pain in the ass projects that im doing for free
>>
>>1145659

Hah I'm doing a trip to SF and norcal coast in about two weeks. My total for the trip, including 280 to get there and 180 for a car rental, is about 800 for 10 days. I'm staying in hostels, and while i have the car I'm sleeping in that (I'll be out in the woods at that point.) I find that area ridiculously expensive. Fucking commiefornia prices, man. Even including transport though my expenses will be about 80-90 a day which, given the area, isn't awful. But idk, if you're already there you don't need to worry about transport to get there. I'd say bank on 40-50 for a hostel and 20 for food, maybe 5-10 for other expenses like a bus or whatever. If you can make 100 a day you're better off leaving the farm. But then again jobs are scarce right? All the unskilled hipsters moved there and they're all doing what you're doing. Head to better waters m8.

No wonder your hosts are bitter. I would be too, dealing with a bunch of uppity art major hipsters.
>>
>>1145672
I have some money in my savings not alot but definitely enough to get by, but my wallet was stolen a couple weeks back and it had my ID in it (thank god i had my debit card in a seperate bag) so im worried i wont be able to get into a hostel. im considering just getting a tent a traveling north to the oregon border then looping down to socal and taking rideshares home throught the southwest
>>
>>1145675

I book all my hostels with airbnb. You have a phone with you? I don't think it needs your ID necessarily, but may ask for it, I don't know if it takes debit but probably. Anyway that's a long hike, man. If you can't find a tent you can use a tarp, or even two tarps if you want something fancy, but you need string or twine. Less packweight and way cheaper. Take some sort of blanket, I'd recommend wool or a proper sleeping bag. No reason you can't. Hitchhike maybe. This time of year you won't die of exposure so go for it. Go up the highway or use PCT.
>>
File: e42.png (200KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
e42.png
200KB, 356x256px
>tfw booked a long stay at a WWOOF in England and now have seen more and more horror stories about WWOOFing on /trv/ as the days go by

I'm no stranger to hard shitty work but I really, really hope my hosts aren't off-kilter assholes. At least I'll be around other WWOOFers
>>
>>1146104
Just book two weeks to start out with and see how it goes
>>
which site has more reliable reviews that aren't manipulated by site or hosters?
>>
>>1146131
I foolishly booked for like, several months.

Like I said, I have no problem with hard work- my job back at home is dangerous and in shitty conditions all the time. I just hope that I get along with my hosts and that they don't pull bullshit like make us work 60 hours a week. I doubt that they will, but it's just a small paranoia thing in the back of my head. The nice thing about WWOOF is that if the farm sucks, I can bail.
>>
>>1146142
Unless youre really interested in farming i would reconsider. you could be doing odd jobs for 7 hours a day and getting enough for a hostel and food WHILE STILL BEING NEAR CIVILIZATION
>>
>>1146144
Luckily the farm is close by to an actual town with lots of public transport and things to do, so that's all good.

Also, isn't it super illegal to work for money in the UK on a tourist visa? I don't wanna get rekt by the immigration police if someone tips them off that some American is working shit jobs for under the table cash,
>>
>>1145675
Oregon!
Come to Eugene I'll put you up on my futon for a few nights.
Living here is too easy. Easy gigs to pick up everywhere, camping is free most anywhere, friendly people...
>>
>>1146156
Ill get back to you in a few weeks anon its gonna take alot of hitchhiking to get that far
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.