[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Trv/, I've moved to a small town in Italy called Varese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (10KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 278x181px
/Trv/, I've moved to a small town in Italy called Varese for a job. Does anyone know anything to do around here?

Its near Milan, so I can go there for the weekends, I suppose, but it feels far, especially without having a car. My last city was Chengdu, China and everything was easily accessible, I miss that.

Does anyone have any tips for living in Italy, specifically Varese, but also in general and maybe finding things to do?
>>
File: FotorCreated.jpg (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
FotorCreated.jpg
1MB, 1366x768px
Hello!

You're quite lucky because Varese is located in an ideal spot to see many beauties of northern Italy. First of all, you're surrounded by many lakes that are often chosen as tourist destinations, such as Lake of Varese, Lake Maggiore, Lake of Orta, Lake of Lugano, Lake of Como, Lake of Iseo and others.

I highly suggest you to take a trip to Lake of Orta, on the bank of which you will find Orta San Giulio, a small graceful village. From here you can reach San Giulio Island by boat, which is the one you can see in the right-hand corner of picture related.

Just 50 kilometers north from here there is Domodossola, a Renaissance and gothic town with a nice square. Near Domodossola, you can visit the Sanctuary of Re, Madonna del Sangue, which is that big castle-cathedral you can see in the top right corner of the picture. It's really worth the trip.

A beautiful site on the Lake Maggiore is Stresa and its Isola Bella (Beautiful Island), which houses English gardens and a lot of peacocks. Close to Stresa, you'll find Cannobio and the castles of Cannero. They emerge from the water and by the roadside there are many spots where you can take photos.

As regards cities, you don't need to visit Milan every weekend. Sure, it's one of the most outstanding cities of Italy, but there are many other options in this area. For example, Novara has a lovely and monumental centre (just look at the cupola of the Basilica of San Gaudenzio). The same goes for Como, Monza (see Villa Reale), Crema and Pavia (this one in particular is magnificent).

But most of all, I think Bergamo is actually superlative. Bergamo is that one on the top left-hand corner, with its typical mist and the mountain climate. If you're interested in art and culture, you can't miss the wonderful Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, Cappella Corleoni, Porta San Giacomo and Piazza Vecchia.
>>
>>1145243

If you like tiny old villages, you could plan a trip to Castiglione Olona (9 kilometers from you), Arcumeggia, Gromo, Pagazzano, Camerata Cornello and all the ones on the coast of Lake of Iseo. An absolute gem, included in UNESCO's cultural heritage list, is Crespi d'Adda, an incredible industrial village of the late 19th century, near Bergamo. It's a weird masterpiece of urban engineering, probably unique in the world.

Last but not least, you can visit the Sacri Monti (Holy Mounts), again in UNESCO's cultural heritage list. Surrounded by nature, they're of importance due to the many churches and sanctuaries they host. Here you can find the list with the nine Sacri Monti:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacri_Monti_of_Piedmont_and_Lombardy
The Sacro Monte of Oropa, along with its vast sanctuary, is the one you can see on the lower left of the picture.

I hope I was helpful!
>>
>>1145244
Thanks! I've been a bit reluctant to really travel on my own because my Italian is pretty bad, but the places seem too nice to not go to. I'll try to drag a coworker to follow me so I have someone who can talk Italian to people for me.

Any tips on getting to them? Or just use the trains?

(Also, if you know of any good bars/clubs in Varese or Milan that would be great. This Friday, I have to be in Milan at night for a horrifyingly early morning flight anyway)
>>
What do you do? I want to move to Italy.
>>
>>1146523
stayed in italy for 4 months

I love the country, coffee is great, people are outgoing and easy to talk to, most of the women are fucking stunning

Pay is shit tho unless youcan come up with something decent. I'm a pharmacist and got paid 1.2k euro per month. wtf is that shit
>>
>>1146523
I make videogames.

>>1146530
>coffee is great
>people are outgoing
>most of the women are fucking stunning
all of these are true.

>pay is shit
30% tax is kinda bull. I earned less in China, but obviously money goes way further there than in Italy. I ended up partying four times a week, mostly getting free booze because foreigner. Still, Italy is definitely good spot for a year's work.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.