[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you successfully learned Japanese? I've been studying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: japan-flag.gif (5KB, 390x265px) Image search: [Google]
japan-flag.gif
5KB, 390x265px
Have you successfully learned Japanese? I've been studying on and off for years. Each time I try I conclude I don't know if I'm saying the words correctly and can't find groups near me to practice with. I also don't seem to use it at all unless I'm online.

What methods have you found to be best for learning Japanese? What worked for you? I'll be going there in a few months so I really want this to work this time.
>>
I've been using the Memrise app. It has lots of different courses for each language so you can learn specific areas if you want to. The words and phrases you learn are spoken to you when you learn them by native speakers so you can improve your pronunciation. Hope this helps.
>>
OP I never studied Japanese but I've studied other languages and I can tell you that the "on and off" approach very rarely works.

And try Anki. Language students I know love Anki, and asians use it all the time to learn english so it must work the other way around.
>>
File: wow much comfy.jpg (388KB, 1803x1351px) Image search: [Google]
wow much comfy.jpg
388KB, 1803x1351px
おれ、大学で勉強したよ。できれば、日本語の先生を見つけて。自分で勉強するのはすごく難しい。

いまのところ、発音にはユーチューブを見たほうがいいよ。

けど、大学で勉強するのは確かに一番しやすい方法だと思うよ。

pic unrelated
>>
OP, go to the /djt/ on /a/. Only read the sticky, the rest of the thread is just shitposting. There should be a beginners guide to learning Japanese. Start with learning hiragana, katakana, and watch some reality or talk show Japanese tv, not just scripted anime. You can use Japanese apps like HelloTalk or Tandem to speak to natives or practice shadowing.
You really have to devote some time daily to learning, that's the only way it sticks, and remember not to give up!
>>
最初から自習練というのは無理だからそれは諦めようね。

I studied all through school, on exchange, here and there at uni., and a little bit on my own, too.

As the other lad has said, studying with a teacher or at uni. is the simplest and easiest way. For basic skills you can work through a textbook on your own, self-test, etc., but there's really no getting around the fact that you don't have the experience or expertise to spot and correct all your mistakes. You have to interact with native speakers. Immersion is unquestionably the best way to do this, so perhaps you should view your upcoming trip as an opportunity to improve your language skills.

>in a few months
I doubt you can make much progress in that time. Why not prepare a phrase-book for yourself, though? Will be both practically useful, and good study.

>>1145442
Also, for practice purposes and advice from natives, you can try the thread on /int/.
>>
My reading and writing is about n3 level and improving but my speaking and listening are fucking atrocious thanks to a lack of practice and chronic shyness. It's like I have a mind blank whenever I need to speak and forget everything I ever learned, it's a vicious cycle because the embarrassment makes me not want to practice speaking at all.
>>
>>1145486
>being embarrassed about anything
You're already a creepy autist, and everyone knows it just from looking at you. There's no use in being embarrassed.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.