[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here used couchsurfings rideshare option to travel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: download (2).jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
8KB, 300x168px
Has anyone here used couchsurfings rideshare option to travel? im visiting san fransico and i figured this might be a cheap way to get home to NY and a chance to see the country. thoughts?

also
should i continue to travel though norcal or socal?
>>
>>1144619
Bump
>>
>>1144619
Read the sticky, you don't need to bump your thread after 4 hours
I haven't personally used rideshare, I prefer to hitchhike as it is free and you can go without an itinerary. If you're looking to "see the country" outside of seeing a roadside for 40 hours or so, I recommend hitching.
PS it is illegal in Nevada and New York, you can and will get arrested, so don't
If you are a pussy ass bitch who can't make it hitching then just do rideshare
>>
>>1144692
Well shitposts about politics are getting tons of replies while my on topic thread was being ignored.
>hitchhiking
its like youre asking to be kidnapped by cannibalistic cults
>>
People on this board, myself included, hitch all the time
Sounds like you are not comfortable with it though which is understandable but your loss
So unless you want to do something cool like cycling across the country (which I'm guessing you don't because you don't really seem that cool) rideshare is your option
Keep in mind it's not just on couchsurfing, there are plenty of rideshare websites (craigslist is popular) and you may be able to find one that's stopping at some national landmarks
>>
>>1144704
I used to be scared of hitchhiking (I'm a Britfag and culturally it's not like us to do things like hitching), but I started doing it a few months ago and it's great. The first couple of times you'll be really scared, but you'll learn to love it. Seriously, what are the actual chances of getting picked up by a murderer? There are very few killers driving around on the roads looking for their next victim, you're probably more likely to die from being in a coach crash, having food poisoning or even being attacked by a maniac in a hostel dorm room. It just isn't going to happen.
>>
>>1144775
>britfag
America is alot bigger and more dangerous than britain. i wouldnt be afraid to hitchhike there
>>
>>1144619
No not really
>>
>>1144847
I've never hitchhiked in Britain, but it has mainly been in Europe (usually with drivers who speak no common language with me).
>>
>>1144775
Hey I did some hitchhiking in France this summer but another traveller told me there was a site with a lot of tips etc. You know any websites or tips in general?
>>
>>1144886
Reddit is good. I know alot of people here hate the site but their hitchhiking sub is pretty good
>>
>>1144886
Hitchwiki is a really good site

A tip I would give is, don't be afraid to actually ask people for a ride, in car parks, at petrol stations, wherever.
>>
>>1144919
>car parks
>petrol stations
? i dont speak bong
>>
File: 20160701_182250_HDR.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160701_182250_HDR.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>1144896
>>1144919

Thanks guys I'll take a good look at them both. I just had terrible success while hitchhiking in normandy on my way to caen.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.