[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wants to go to india >is a picky eater wat do Can it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (658KB, 1800x1195px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
658KB, 1800x1195px
>wants to go to india
>is a picky eater

wat do

Can it be done without resorting to McDonald's every meal? Looking at Delhi and Agra, potentially Mumbai.
>>
>>1144240
OP, eat at major brands of 4star hotels for dinner (or lunch to save money). They'll carry whatever continental foods you like, or basic mild versions of local food, but they'll also be equipped with filtered water, will scrub their vegetables and autoclave level of sanitizing dishwashers so you don't catch Hep A and other food borne illnesses. Chain hotels tend to have corporate paid chefs, year round, and the restaurants can have nice decor, nice location, barely anyone there, and be a nice little treat, especially the bar chats you can have. Obviously you don't have to stay there to dine there.

Bring a box of favorite nutritional bars in your luggage, for fiber protein and vitamins, in case you are out and about need to do a skipped meals if necessary. Buy fresh fruit that you can peel at markets, or take one from your hotel breakfast for later (ask waiter, you can even pay for a washed one if you ask nicely). Wash and peel market foods for yourself back in your room, or have something easymode like a banana or orange (can pack an orange peeler device, or in checked luggage, a swiss army knife or multi tool). Seek out very cooked foods that are usually alright the world over, such as takeout pizza or hamburgers (skip LT). Bakeries exist the world over where you can get a coffee and some kind of innocuous toasted bread or pastry fresh out of an oven. Pack drink mix packets and stick to bottled water, and not the cheapest one in the store.
>>
>>1144240
>>1144245

>going to India and not getting viciously sick from the delicious street food

May as well just travel to Sweden.
>>
>>1144240
India is one of the best culinary destinations in the world. Easily top 5. Do you not like any vegetables? Or curries? Or breads?

When I went McDonalds in Delhi was the place that gave my friend's food poisoning. Just eat at places where you can see your food being cooked and make sure it's hot.
>>
>>1144240
>being a picky eater

Grow up. If you don't have an allergy learning to like foods that people like is just eating it enough until you get used to it. Half the fun in traveling is getting out your comfort zone and trying new things and new foods are amazing.
>>
>>1144378
Oh fuck off, some people just don't like certain foods. I live in Thailand and I can't stand 90% of the food. I've tried multiple kinds but I simply don't like it. So I either cook for myself, eat at Western restaurants or get plain meat/rice dishes if I want street or at a Thai restaurant (though I do love Thai omlettes so I tend to eat that 3-4x per week).
>>
>>1144376
>wanting to eat feces
>>
STOP GOING TO FUCKING DELHI AND SAYING YOU WENT TO INDIA
>>
>>1144453
Old Delhi is India.
But yeah, New Delhi is pretty much London

>>1144240
Agra is fucking vile. A polluted wasteland. Save yourself OP

You want a good time with good food in India?
Hit up the mountains- Kasol, Shimla, Khirganga
Hit up the desert- Johdhpur, jaipur, jaisalmer
Hit up the beach/jungle- Gokarna

It's surprisingly easy to eat well in India if you try and avoid being in Major cities for too long.
>>
>>1144453
>>1144457

Nice meme. I suppose, if you were to go only to Lutyens' Delhi and the area right around Connaught Place, you might not feel like you're actually in India. Of course, just because the streets are wide doesn't mean there isn't poverty everywhere you look. Nor, for that matter, does it negate the presence of dozens of beggars sleeping in the alleyways between the letter blocks or the scam gangs which follow every foreign tourist in circles.

My ex used to live in the A Block of Safdarjung Enclave. It's a really nice neighborhood, until you walk out to the main street and see half-starving children walking around naked and taking baths in mudpuddles. You'll feel like you're in India if you ride on the back of a motorbike through a narrow gali in Govindpuri or get chased by a panhandler on a roller-board through Nizamuddin as well.

Delhi is the entirety of North India rolled up and stuck inside a single city. UP, Bihar, Kashmir, the children of Punjabi Partition refugees - they're all there.

But yeah, if you sit around and spend all day drinking beer and smoking hash at a rooftop cafe in Paharganj, you won't feel like you're in the "real" India.
>>
>>1144420
That's still your fault for being a picky eater. Check that privilege.
>>
Best chicken tendies in Delhi and Mumbai?
>>
>>1144378
People like you are the ones who need to grow up.

People travel for different reasons. Not everyone likes or has to like everything. Doesn't mean people don't try things. I try lots of things but I simply don't like a lot of things.

It's pretentious as all fuck to pretend to like anything and everything and boast about how "adult" you are for not having dislikes. Just further goes to show how childish you are ironically
>>
Indian food is fucking amazing. So many flavors. That would be one of the main reasons for going there.

I am down to try most foods that are vegetarian. But foods with meat I am much more picky
>>
I gave trying the local cuisine a genuine go when I went to India for 2 weeks but try as I might nothing I ate in restaurants really stuck. I had a few good home cooked meals but aside from that everything seemed just okay, but I never ordered the same dish twice because I didn't find any dish I'd actively want to eat again. Even the buttered chicken which got so much love here on /trv/ was a letdown.
>>
>>1144544

I'm: >>1144480.

No matter how much time I've spent in India (which is more than most but much less than some), I wouldn't count the cuisine as among my favorites. I liked food in Turkey and Italy and Nicaragua a lot, but I've never been able to fully appreciate Indian cuisine. There's a lot I like about it, but it's one of the last things I miss whenever I leave.

I find myself eating at Western-oriented or Western-inspired restaurants about half the time when I'm in India. A lot of newer restaurants there have some pretty cool fusion ideas. Indian Chinese food, for instance, is great. But otherwise... eh. I like it, but I don't actively miss it.

Well, some of the street foods are fucking wonderful. Beef and bison kebabs across from Jama Masjid in Delhi are fucking great, even better than Karim's down the street. Twenty or thirty cents and you're full off some delicious fucking stuff.
>>
>wants to visit Africa
>hates black people

You guys have useful tips?
>>
File: indian+skin[1].jpg (96KB, 700x469px) Image search: [Google]
indian+skin[1].jpg
96KB, 700x469px
>>1144569
Stay away from the South. They get gradually darker the further you go.
>pic relevant. Scary Indian black person
>>
>delhi
>agra
>mumbai
literally could not imagine a worse itinerary
how about rishikesh, darahmsahla, jaipur, goa, ladhak etc.
I'd research a bit more, you've chosen crowded, filthy, stinky cities
>>
>>1144457
have you been to khirganga? I want to go in the winter but heard it's all closed down after october. but man going from hotspring to snow would be amazing
was it crowded or anything?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.