[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, first time poster here. I will be travelling to Budapest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1469561405181.jpg (77KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
1469561405181.jpg
77KB, 402x604px
Hello, first time poster here. I will be travelling to Budapest next month and staying for 3 weeks and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me or general information. Aside from staying away from the tourist traps such as those girls who get you to buy drinks for you etc. I will be staying in a hotel (also wonder about the plug in situation if i should bring an adapter for mah electronics?) on the pest side of the river and just trying to soak up as much as I can before getting back to the bullshit daily grind. If anyone has any tips or do/don'ts with the locals and attractions I would be very beholding to you.
>>
>>1144039
See if you will be there during the Buda wine festival in the castle grounds Sept 8-12? Good local music and all the wineries in the country!

Mmmmm, wish I was going to have 3 weeks in Budapest. You'll be able to do it all. In fact, I think you should probably train around outside of the country a couple of times.

Since I dont know what country you're from, I do suggest you look and see about adapters. Their voltage is different than US/Canada, for sure.
http://www.adaptelec.com/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&products_id=156
>>
>>1144046
Yeah I'm a Canadafag, I did read about the wine festival as well as some huge music festival thats coming up as well. Thanks bro.
>>
File: 379031.jpg (222KB, 417x625px) Image search: [Google]
379031.jpg
222KB, 417x625px
>>1144049
Sziget festival is awesome, I'm there every year, wouldn't miss it for the world

anyways, three weeks is plenty of time to get to know Budapest and its surroundings, so what I'll do is just greentext you a couple of sights you would probably miss out on otherwise

>Elizabeth viewpoint atop János hill
>Gül Baba's Tomb (a nice hike uphill from Margaret bridge on the Buda side)
>Aquincum and the scattered roman ruins all over Óbuda
>Szentendre (a quaint Baroque town north of Budapest)
>ruins of a Benedictine monastery on Margaret island
>the old Jewish cemetery in Kozma utca
>Szemlő-hegyi and Pál-völgyi caves
>escape rooms
>the Gázgyári lakótelep in Óbuda, a fairy-tale apartment project from the early 20th century, right behind Aquincum
>Epreskert (a gorgeous secluded park in the downtown area - entry is tricky though, you have to bargain a deal with the security guard first)
>local public transport company BKK's cheap as fuck river cruise
>a Tesco Disco party (they're usually held either at Corvin Club or aboard the A38 ship)

if you have any more questions, shoot
>>
>>1144315
>entry is tricky though, you have to bargain a deal with the security guard first)

Is corruption really a thing in Hungary? I thought about visiting but that's a bit unsettling desu.
>>
>>1144315
>>Epreskert (a gorgeous secluded park in the downtown area - entry is tricky though, you have to bargain a deal with the security guard first)
>>1144564
>Is corruption really a thing in Hungary? I thought about visiting but that's a bit unsettling desu.
I think it's a thing the world over that young people are hoodlums that like to deface buildings or hide from their parents to drink and do drugs. The fact that it is private property, but historical nonetheless would mean that someone guarding a place could understand you mean no harm and would like to see inside where you can absorb some beautiful history. He's there to protect property from locals who own it (and I think a university shares frontage, as well as the Russian embassy).

I wouldn't call it corruption. Also I would suggest that anyone who chats up guards or speaks to people in a lovely way do in fact get private tours sometimes.

I toured Snorristofa in Iceland after hours, including a station by station tour inside the lovely church including the pipe organ, a dip in Snorri's pool from 900AD which is where Reagan and Gorbachev made some famous decision. Access to things only a grad student or professor in medieval history would see, illuminated manuscripts of the Eddas. How? I talked to the vicar. I'm sure 5 more minutes with him, I'd have been invited to dinner. Try doing a little research before a trip, whether its the find the best langos in Budapest (bet by the time you ask the 3rd person you'll get a personal companion), or just appreciating history by being truly enamored with things around you, and you'd be surprised how a local would love to show you around or give you a favor. It's not corruption. You should pay for it. Though you can do something in return like pick up their tab with a drink.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.