[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a sheltered guy and vacation is this week. Figured I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: linc.jpg (91KB, 650x440px) Image search: [Google]
linc.jpg
91KB, 650x440px
I'm a sheltered guy and vacation is this week. Figured I would jump on the Amtrak to D.C. tomorrow. Stay a night or two - not really sure.

So far my plan is to check out a few bars, visit the natural history museum, and read a book near the monuments. Anything else important to do or see?
>>
Make sure you get to the Air and Space Museum. Nothjing like it anywhere.
>>
>>1142238
Sounds like a good plan, OP. Plenty to do. Good eats. Read washingtonian magazine or the smithsonian website to see if there are any traveling exhibits that interest you at various sights, just in case you didn't know! I always find the best treasures that way, something odd and usual that way, as well as restaurant rankings on washington post.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/goingoutguide/
Smithsonians are free. My favorite is natural history too, the gems specifically. One of the museums will have a night event for afterhours, but only one! The top two non-free non-smithsonian museums are Spy and Newseum. My favorite air and space Udvar, is out by dulles airport and more difficult without a vehicle or reason to be so far west. It's worth it, however. Enola Gay is there and you can get inside a control tower simulation with live traffic and images from the airport.
It. Is. Hot. right now to be in DC, and you'll notice the blocks are long...you will want to wake early for any walking/exploring and then get into the A/C inside a museum, in my opinion. The bar and live music scene at the Clarendon metro might be safest evening for ya. Where did you pick to stay? That might determine where you should hunt for bars. There's a famous rooftop one that is now top of the W hotel, which gives you a view right into the White House grounds and windows. Sequoia in Georgetown has a pretty potomac sunset view. Vietnamese food in northern virginia (various and of course pho choices) and some of the best steaks in the US and burgers (fave:Ray's hellburger), are probably the best foodie choices distinctive for the city. I love going in Dean and Deluca, almost all cupcake places, and there are a ton of hipster big politico kind of bars with bartenders slinging the classics, esp close to the white house.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.