[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a good itinerary for Italy if I have just one week during

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: italy-flag.gif (14KB, 651x435px) Image search: [Google]
italy-flag.gif
14KB, 651x435px
What is a good itinerary for Italy if I have just one week during December?

Should I just go to Rome for 5 days and Florence for 2 days?
>>
It depends on your budget. 5 days are enough to see most important rome places, 2 are perfect for florence. In my opinion, you can sacrifice 1 or 2 days in rome to see another city if your budget is ok with travel. You will have some more intense days in rome but anyway be able to see everything you can't miss.
>>
>>1141824
What is another city that might be good along with Florence?

Here are some ideas I have:
>Naples + Pompeii
>Siena
>Venice
>Cinque Terre
>Milan

Some concerns:
>Naples
I've heard a lot of bad stuff about this city
>Siena
Maybe this city just needs a day so that might be good.
>Venice
I've heard it's touristy, cold, and floods in December
>Cinque Terre
I've also heard this area would be cold and dreary during December
>Milan
Maybe there's not a lot to do here?
>>
>>1141751
>Should I just go to Rome for 5 days and Florence for 2 days?
yes those 2 cities for 1 week. But, how to divy it up would be your call. Note that for Florence you have to RSVP one of th museums you'd wish to see. Plan ahed.

Check with Rick for all things Italy (and ireland too), he'll condense your itinerary, minimize line waits, figure it out in a way you will appreciate. https://www.ricksteves.com/europe/italy/itinerary
>>
>>1141855
Thanks, that is interesting he gave just three days for Rome.

My girlfriend and I are both not very interested in art -- a place like the Uffizi Gallery doesn't do much for us -- so now I am wonder if we would need just one day in Florence...or if there is a better city altogether.

I do like the idea of going to Pompeii and staying in Sorrento.
>>
>>1141874
Very nice place sorrento, if you are lucky enough you can find very good weather even in winter. I suggest you to also visit the Amalfi coast if you go for sorrento. If instead you decide to visit Tuscany you can also go in the chianti, very know for good wine and meat. Where are you from btw? I'm from Florence btw.
>>
>>1141751
Just go to Rome if you have never been. GOAT City
>>
You can spend a whole week in rome without getting bored. 2 days in florence are okay. There are lots of other places to visit but in just a week rome and florence is a decent plan if you're not too adventurous. Avoid Milan, it's not a touristic city.
>>
>>1141992
Thanks for your advice -- I am from Boston in the USA.

I am sort of pondering whether or go to Rome and hang out in the north, or go from Rome and then south to Naples or Sorrento and then somewhere else.

I suppose right now I am leaning towards going from Rome and Florence, but the history of Pompeii is really amazing to me. Is Naples a generally safe city?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.