[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/ I've always wanted to visit Japan and been thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Hey /trv/ I've always wanted to visit Japan and been thinking about surprising my girlfriend with a trip.

The problem is, I've never planned a big trip and I'm fucking poor.

Can you help me get started? Information like
-where to visit
-where to stay
-how to get there

Im thinking the trip should be around 4 or 5 days. Basically any information you could give me on traveling to Japan or planning a trip in general would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>1141739
I forgot to mention that I live in Wisconsin.
>>
Such a waste going all the way to Japan to only spend 4 or 5 days..

But then again, you are american, a slave to machine that keeps your country running. Do you even get paid vacation time?

No, but seriously, your confusion about even the most basic travel questions makes me think you would be missing cheeseburgers from the second your plane takes of..

No but really seriously, check out momondo.com to find cheap flights, booking.com or airbnb.com to find accomodation and buy Lonely Planet japan for literally any information you might need
>>
Japan's really expensive. The flight alone will take a day each way, so you should spend at least a week.
>>
>>1141739
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=japan+where+to+visit+where+to+stay+how+to+get+there
5 days is a ridiculously short time considering you'll spend a day on a plane each way, on top of paying a small fortune for the ticket.
>>
>>1141744
Thanks for being a cunt

>>1141745
>>1141747
7 days minimum, got it.
>>
>>1141739
>and I'm fucking poor.
Then, really, Japan isn't for you. For 4-5 days, plus your airfare, for two people, I'd calculate a budget of $5k, minimum and more like $7k to do it without extreme suffering.

For something romantic, do a self-drive in New England and Nova Scotia as soon as it's September, offseason, kids back in school, and find very good deals at B&Bs. Salem MA to VT.

From your location where a lot of snowbirds originate? Take her to Disney in the cold February winter. It'll feel like heaven to get a snow respite, and there should be the best fares on the second tier commuter airlines for snowbirds, such as Allegiant, Frontier, JetBlue who increase flights all winter, as well as deals. You can also visit Japan at EPCOT.
>>
Thailand is much cheaper, and way more value for money, if you actually want to leave your own country.
>>
you want to spend hundreds and hundreds to not even be there for a week? are you fucking nuts?

I know that everyone else has already said that but it really is retarded, it's a bad idea and a massive waste of money especially for a poor guy

What kind of girl is worth spending thousands and thousands of dollars on just to spend a few days in Japan?

if you're that poor that you want to go to japan for five days, maybe you should wait till you save more money or go somewhere else
>>
>>1141739
I'm going to agree with everyone else here. If you really want to visit Japan, save up for a year and do a 2-3 week trip at least. If you just want a week long vacation I suggest going to Mexico, Central America, or Caribbean if you're looking to get out of the country.

Flying to Japan takes a long ass time, you have to factor more than just the flight time itself, there's the need to be at the airport 2 hours before flight, there's the getting to the airport itself part, upon landing you have customs and baggage claim which can take a long time in some cases, and then there's getting to your hotel afterwards. When I go visit my family in Europe it's sometimes a 24 hour ordeal when flight time is only 7 hours. So if you only have 4-5 days that would leave you barely any time on the ground and with how expensive cross-ocean tickets are it would be a waste of money really.
>>
>>1141761
>$5k minimum for two economy class round trip tickets from Canada to Japan and 4-5 nights in a hotel/motel/airbnb + a couple of meals and possibly entry fees, etc.

I agree it's a terrible idea to go all the way there for as few as 4 days for the price of two flight tickets, but it really won't cost him anything over $2.5k. Well, unless he'll be staying in one of the top 10 luxury hotels and eating nothing but Kobe beef.
>>
>>1141739
Just go to Little Tokyo, Los Angeles or Japantown, San Francisco instead. It's way cheaper and you can get there faster. It should feel Japanese enough.
>>
>>1141990
a better idea is to make the light in your house really briht and surround yourself with mirrors while you make ramen. it'll come pretty close to the experience of being there, and you'll be surrounded by squinting faces, and you'll get the food.

much cheaper. you can probably find some good recipes on youtube
>>
There is a Japan general up right now. That would be a great place to post these basic, googleable questions.

Sage
>>
>>1141745
>Japan's really expensive
This is truly a misconception.
>>
>>1141814
You can stay in AirBnB's and stuff, but yeah, I would say $1400 for the flights, around $25 a night, and $40 for eating, each day. You could go as low as $20 for food, but you'll miss out on a lot of things.

Then again, I don't believe less than 2 weeks will be enough. Problem with Japan is it might be very exhausting (it was for me), and even 5 days running around Tokyo might feel more like a pain than a real pleasure.
>>
>>1142093
And I forgot, you need around $10 for transportation a day (if you don't move a lot), and all the expenses around that, which are at every corner in Japan.
>>
>>1142093
>and $40 for eating, each day.
Do you go to Izakaya or drink every day?
>>
>>1142107
Heh, no, I just count a really high margin (upper level restaurants, stuff to eat around, Taiyakis and the likes. It adds up surprisingly fast.
But with $15 you can be fine, sure. I did 5€ for a while there, everything included, hitchhiking around.
>>
>>1141761
>You can also visit X at EPCOT
Brutal /trv/ sayings 2016
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.