[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm moving to Denmark soon to study, specifically Aalborg.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Aalborg.8.gif (24KB, 600x371px) Image search: [Google]
Aalborg.8.gif
24KB, 600x371px
I'm moving to Denmark soon to study, specifically Aalborg. I've never been, anyone got any advice on living, working and generally getting by in Denmark?
>>
>>1141369
Gg no re
>>
>>1141678
helpful.
>>
>>1141708
Well, to be more helpful, how long are you staying? Do you know the language?
>>
>>1141369
Norwegian here, but I've travelled a lot to Denmark. Public transportation is typically Scandinavian, it's easy to get around, but expensive. It's a flat and fairly small country, mainland Denmark's highest point is a mere 171 m above sea level, thus a bicycle will be very useful. Northern Jutland is gorgeous, with a long coastline dotted with cosy villages, WWII bunkers and long beaches. I haven't been to Aalborg itself though.
>>
>>1141717
good point, i'll be staying for a 2 year period, it'll be on and off as i'll likely head home at least for Christmas. I'm British so the trip is easy to make.

I don't speak the language, I speak rudimentary German, but from what I understand it's not going to be helpful in the slightest. Having said that, learning enough to get through an average day is currently a priority and I've heard English is quite widely spoken in Denmark in general so it shouldn't be much of an issue until i'm able to grasp the basics of Danish.
>>
>>1141733
Sounds picturesque, I was planing on getting a bicycle once I arrived, the climate doesn't seem that dissimilar to northern England/Scotland from what I've been reading, but from your experience is it viable to cycle throughout most of the year?
>>
>>1141737
I haven't been to Denmark in winter, but I imagine it will be similar to Norway (i.e. cold and at times LOTS of snow). You can definitely bike in the city, as they will clear the streets and sidewalks of snow, but it will be slippery and most likely a little intimidating if you're inexperienced with winter cycling. But hey, practice makes perfect!
>>
>>1141734
German will not be very helpful and you might find it hard to find a job if you aren't fluent in Danish, but most people do speak English.

Biking might be a bit intimidating if you aren't used to crowded bike paths and high speeds because Danes bike like maniacs. Don't ever walk on bike paths.
>>
>>1141734
Not even the danes themselves grasp the basics of their language...
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.