[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Rome or Athens Which city is the better destination from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (440KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
440KB, 1920x1080px
>Rome or Athens
Which city is the better destination from December 26th - January 2nd?

I'm going to travel to Europe with my girlfriend and we will go to one of those cities/surrounding area during that time.

We are mostly interested in ancient history and museums, which is why we narrowed it down to these two cities, but worried about things like safety, weather, etc...which is why we are asking on /trv/.
>>
100% Rome.

Athens is mostly a shithole.
>>
>>1141017
Yep
>>
>>1141017
>>1141023
What makes Athens so bad? I only wanted to spend a few days there and go around Greece...is it really that bad?
>>
>>1141025
It's a pretty ugly city and there's little to do compared to Rome. Athens should be done as a part of an overall tour of Greece, not a dedicated trip to the city itself. And you do need far more than a week to see the country properly.
>>
>>1141025
Athens has barely anything to see whereas rome has a fuckton

Oh and athens is a poor shithole whereas rome is a nice city

Acropolis is just some rocks with scaffolding. Agora was a few more rocks then youre done

Rome:collesium, vatican city, pantheon, that one big thing the borgia were in, forum, etc
>>
>>1141025
It's the capital of Greece.
Have you watched the news sometime during the last decade?
>>
>>1141088
Not that guy, but there are riots all over major European cities (London, Paris, Madrid, etc.) and they are all still standing.

Greece has lots of problems but from a tourism stand point they don't matter too much.
>>1141069
Athens, Delphi, and Crete would be a great trip.
>>
>>1141108
Athens, Delphi and Crete is a shitton of time wasted in transit to see three things and skip a billion others along the way. If he only has a week, it's best spent in one city with a lot to do, not driving across the entire country and crossing the sea.
>>
This is easy. Rome got more and better history, more and better museums, more and better tourist attractions. It got better weather, better food and it's safer. The surrounding area is also better in Italy.
>>
OP here -- thanks for the advice, I have chosen Rome/Italy.

However, I don't think I should spend all my time there. I will have 8 or 9 days, and I'm thinking of dividing my time up something like this:

>Rome - 4 days
>Florence - 2 days
>Venice - 2 days
>Last day = get back to Rome and leave

Does that sound decent, or would it be too rushed?
>>
>>1141342
Venice can,be seen in like an hour. Do not spend more than 1 day there. Add that day to florence, cinque terre or amalfi
>>
>>1141342
If you want to visit Venezia you wont need a whole day except if you plan on visiting Murano Glass island and the authentic island Burano which I can recommend. Other than that don't go to Venezia as it isn't worth the distance (from Firenze).
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.