[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/ I'm flying to Chicago tomorrow, what are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Duke Schwarzenegger.png (148KB, 323x279px) Image search: [Google]
Duke Schwarzenegger.png
148KB, 323x279px
Hey /trv/ I'm flying to Chicago tomorrow, what are some fun things to do?
>>
File: 1453751498367.jpg (410KB, 1000x745px) Image search: [Google]
1453751498367.jpg
410KB, 1000x745px
How long are you going to be there?

What are your interests?

>Riverwalk
>Architecture tour, including the boat tour
>Kayak the river
>Museum Campus
>Art Institute
>Navy Pier
>Cultural center downtown has some useful information and is also a neat building too
>Ride around the loop
>Lincoln Park+Zoo
>360 Chicago (Hancock Tower Deck)
>Some bars and nightlife on Milwaukee Ave
>Hyde Park and UoC campus
>Go look for some shows in the theater district
>Walk the mag mile
>Millineum/Grant Park
>Lakeshore trail (you can rent a bike)
>Hit up a jazz club (green mill is decent but touristy)
>New park that was formally an airport, close to downtown, forgot the name, but I hear it's cool.
>Go to a cubs game
>Relax at one of the beaches along the lake.
>If you get bored (depending on how much time you spend here) you can get a cheap train ticket up to Milwaukee if you wanna check that out.
>>
>>1140798
this Thursday-Sunday, like bars and nightlife, would like to go to some famous museums and do some touristy stuff since this is the first time going.
>>
>>1140806
*wednesday
>>
>>1140798
Chi-town is a foodie paradise. Make a checklist and hit all the highlights. Famous bars, famous drinks, famous clubs, pizza, hot beef, bayless, chinatown, gibsons steak, german, polish, popcorn, chocolate, too many to list. Eat your way through the city.
Architecture and innovation (and home of the skyscraper) is another huge reason to go. Take a loop tour, and hit the Frank Lloyd Wright and Tiffany masterpieces. Go have a drink at the top of the all glass Hancock building at night when nothing else is open, Signature Lounge on the 96th floor.
Tour the lobby of a couple of the older hotels, have a drink like in the Palmer House. Check out inside of Macys which used to be Marshall Fields.
Go to the museums of course!
>>
>>1140808
Yeah, can't really give you good recommendations on night life and shit. Some other anons will know that better but my list is pretty thorough when it comes to regular things to do.
>>
>>1140810
Yeah for sure wanna check out some of the museums, definitely want to go Logan's arcade if I can, I like the old hotel idea that sounds fun
>>
>>1140810
Some good mexican and hispanic stuff in Pilsen too.
>>
>>1140813
>I like the old hotel idea that sounds fun
Here ya go, RSVP for this tour. It was full last time I stayed there...so might need some notice to get into it.

I only somewhat enjoyed the Wright Studio House tour, it's very brief and all his ceilings are too low for my tall person, but it is in the lovely neighborhood of Oak Park where there are more examples all over town.
http://www.flwright.org/tours

Walk into the makeup counter area in Marshall Fields and look down at the tiles, the fountain and then up to the glass elevators, just a gorgeous experience. The wood paneled restaurant on the top floor was a family christmas shopping must do with a giant tree within it, and has a famous chocolate sundae and a famous chicken pot pie recipe. Marshall Fields has interesting history connected to Palmer House owner/builder, introduced a new concept in shopping, and if you watch BBC Mr. Selfridge with amazing chicago homeboy Jeremy Piven, modeled after him, you can go full circle on your enjoyment...vicariously experience going back in time to the heydey of the modern department store concept.

Another must-do for a first visit is to immerse now in the 1893 columbia exposition, the unparalleled best World's Fair, maybe through a documentary or a Devil in the White City read, because you would have no other idea how that whole waterfront was created and is superimposed on it's footprint, from the world first large ferris wheel to the layout of the park. It adds to the coolness when walking through those parks and museums.
Saw a fab video on my amazon prime, which was narrated by Gene Wilder called Expo-Magic of the White City
http://xroads.virginia.edu/~ma96/wce/legacy.html
>>
File: 1467824899165.jpg (48KB, 550x368px)
1467824899165.jpg
48KB, 550x368px
'Go 'za
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.