[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /trv/ I am looking for help travelling from South Korea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1421620509746.png (378KB, 567x550px) Image search: [Google]
1421620509746.png
378KB, 567x550px
Dear /trv/

I am looking for help travelling from South Korea to Vietnam.

I will be studying abroad in Seoul starting 24th of August. My semester will be done by the end of december. I really would prefer to travel as cheap as humanly possible, disregarding any kind of comfort is not a problem. I've already been on Thai trains with roaches everywhere.

Are there any bus options? How long would that generally take? A google search revealed nothing at all. If not, where would I best book my flight? I've found flights from Seoul to Hanoi back to Seoul for 200€ (~220$). Is that a good price?

Are there any other ways to get to Vietnam from South Korea? Do any of you have experience travelling in asia? Any Koreans/Vietnamese here I can point more general questions at?
>>
breh I don't think you realise how far away the two countries are

flying is the only option
>>
>>1140467

The only barrier is China my friend. I would have no problem with a 24hour bus trip through Beijing and Shanghai towards northern Vietnam.

Also going by ferry seems to be an option, too, no?
>>
>>1140481
There are ferries connecting Korea to Russia, China and Japan, afaik. Don't know if there are any connecting to Vietnam.
Going by ferry to China and then on land is an option. This could be cheaper if you find cheap land travel in China (bus maybe?), but it'll probably take you like a week or so, may be risky and may save you like US$50.
Never even considered this option because it's retarded, but who am I to judge you if you want to save a few bucks?
>>
Flying will easily be the cheapest option. In terms of traveling by land practically your only other option is to fly to Beijing, take the bullet train to Shangai, then another bullet train to Guangzhou, then take a train or bus to Hong Kong, then fly to Vietnam. This will be quite a bit more expensive plus you'll need a Chinese visa
>>
>>1140484
>>1140482

Honestly, if it actually takes as much time as you said I might just be retarded.

I heard the Vietnamese are pretty exact about their Visa entry date, so I suppose just flying last minute is not really an option?

What about prices? Does 220$ seem realistic to you? (From Seoul to Hanoi and from Hanoi to Seoul). Booking them individually costs almost twice as much.
>>
>>1140487

$220 return sounds way too cheap. Who is this with?
>>
>>1140462
You could also take a ferry from Incheon to Tianjin, trains from Tianjin to Beijing, Beijing to Nanning, Nanning to Hanoi. It would take at least four days (each leg is overnight, and connections aren't perfect), and the total price one way is in the ballpark of your roundtrip airfare.
>>
>>1140488

it is called VietJetAir

can you access this link?

https://www.kayak.de/flights/SEL-HAN/2017-01-02/2017-01-18
>>
>>1140488

It seems like a completely normal price for that trip

>>1140499

Dont be suprised when the cabin fills up with water vapor before take-off. The plane isnt on fire.
>>
>>1140509

>Dont be suprised when the cabin fills up with water vapor before take-off. The plane isnt on fire.

that sounds pleasant if anything

>It seems like a completely normal price for that trip

thank you, I have no idea when it comes to prices
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.