[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wanted to hear everyone's countries of choice for the following

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Monument Valley Morning.jpg (6MB, 6902x3164px) Image search: [Google]
Monument Valley Morning.jpg
6MB, 6902x3164px
Wanted to hear everyone's countries of choice for the following categories:

1. Favorite Urban Destination:
2. Favorite Nature Destination:
3. Favorite Country Overall:
4. Place You'd Never Visit Again:
5. Dream Destination:

1. Cusco, just an amazing city with fantastic culture, surroundings, and people.
2. Monument Valley, Utah, I've never seen a more beautiful sunrise than over there as I rose from my tent (pic related).
3. Peru, it has every type of landscape and environment you could imagine!
4. Nebraska... just nothing there for me
5. Egypt, I've just always been drawn to everything about it
>>
>>1140387
1. Istanbul, all crazy happenings aside, it is a beautiful city and being a Muslim, having a place to pray pretty much everywhere in a modern city beautified as Europe is ideal.
2. Rishikesh, I stayed at an ashram for a while and being surrounded by the Himalayas with the pristine Ganges floating nearby was something that will forever bring a smile to my face.
3. India, for the natural and diverse beauty, friendly, kind, and English speaking population, the safety I felt while backpacking, THE FOOD, unparalleled to all other places I've been to, the ancient history that is found everywhere, and finally the raw simplicity that allows you to look at animal and human excrement beside you on the ground and shrug your shoulders.
4. Seychelles, I went with my family for a vacation a few years back and found it rather uneventful. It felt like one of those places you could go to one and never feel the need to again.
5. St. Petersburg, Russia has been my dream for a long time, likely because I've read too many Russian novels. I'm hoping to save up over the next year or two and maybe backpack through from China.
>>
1. Singapore
2. Bolivia/ Amazon
3. Impossible to decide but probably Bolivia as well
4. Honestly have not had a trip that I would have regretted enough to say that.
5. Indonesia again probably coupled with Singapore
>>
1. Melbourne, Australia
2. Sognefjord, Norway
3. Australia
4. Bali, Indonesia
5. Seoul, South Korea
>>
>>1140387
>1. Favorite Urban Destination:
Too many to list. I actually maintain a running list of cities I'd have visited and would like to try living in. It includes but is not limited to Mexico City, London, Amsterdam, Lisbon, Hanoi, and Cape Town, among lots of others. I'm also a fan of a bunch of Thai cities, but I've already lived in them.
>2. Favorite Nature Destination:
Maybe Kauai? Waimea Canyon and many parts of the North Shore are really spectacular.
>3. Favorite Country Overall:
Thailand, haters notwithstanding. Sort of grew up there and will always love it. Also love Laos and Cambodia.
>4. Place You'd Never Visit Again:
Not really applicable. Maybe Sintra, Portugal? Seen it all, disappointed. Half a dozen semi-interesting old buildings in an empty shell of a town.
>5. Dream Destination:
Sri Lanka, Madagascar, Eastern Myanmar (Kayah State in particular--have friends from there).
>>
Probably London. There's just so much to do there that you could spend weeks if not months and still not see everything.
Northern Arizona/Southern Utah. Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Antelope Canyon and much more.
I've only been to 16 so far so I have to say the USA. There's just such a variety to the locations. You get amazing nature, interesting and varied cities, lots of events, sports. The other countries I've been to have been interesting as well but not to the level America is.
Probably Havana, Cuba. The people there aren't the best and it's one of those places where there's more hype than quality.
>5. Dream Destination:
I have many but I guess Borneo and other parts of Indonesia are at the top. I will be there in 2018 after my 2 year stint in NZ and Australia.
>>
Rio de Janeiro is probably my answer. It's not for everyone admittedly, but I absolutely love it there.
Iceland, just love the stark volcanic landscape a lot.
Brazil. Been there several times and even though I've seen some shit I still have a warm place in my heart for it. A truly immense place with some of the best and the worst in life.
Rhodos, Greece. Was bored out of my mind the entire time there. There are so many better places in Greece for basically everything.
>5. Dream Destination:
I wanna go surfing in some remote beach in Mozambique, I hear they have awesome beaches. Some other pipe dream locations are places like Khyber Pass, Socotra, Zanzibar, island hopping in Cabo Verde, all of Nepal, Bhutan, many others.
>>
>>1140387
NY
Expensive and crowded, but so much to do and see. I'm actually waiting to hear back about a job position in NY. Fingers crossed.

Bosnia
Green and mountainous. Neretva River is gorgeous.

US
America is the best, warts and all. I say this as a naturalized citizen.

Phnom Penh
It's not a terrible city, but it is dull. I made the mistake of going there with a friend who only wanted to get high and drunk in town. I wouldn’t mind going back if only to pass through on the way to the countryside and Ankor Wat.

>5. Dream Destination:
Georgia (the country)
I really want to check out Tbilisi, the countryside, and Georgian cuisine/wine. Right now I’m debating whether to stay jobless and do a month long trip in Georgia, Armenia, and possibly Azerbaijan.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.