[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/ Whats Naples Italy like? I'm in the US military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2048x1365px
Hey /trv/
Whats Naples Italy like? I'm in the US military and recently found out that I'm going to be stationed there for a few years.

From my internet research I've figured out it has good pizza, dirty streets, and criminals.

I know that there has to be a few of you who have been there and can tell me a bit more about it.

Kind of vague but any info on the city would be much appreciated, thank you
>>
>>1139626
i think you're a very lucky man!

naples has wonderful food - much better than you'll ever get in the US, beautiful women, incredibly fresh produce, a pleasant seaside, it's the HOME OF PIZZA....

>dirty streets and criminals
It's not so bad, I wouldn't worry about it. The city can be a bit unkempt at times but it's part of the charm.

I think you will absolutely love it. When are you going? Be sure to report back.
>>
Get ready to get fat, food is amazing and cheap.
I think if you're in the military local criminal won't mess with you. You'd better learn some italian tho, southern italians in general are horrible with english. And hand gestures of course.
>>
There is much to see in the region.
Castles, Greek temples, Roman settlements, an active volcano, picturesque villages, etc.
http://wikitravel.org/en/Campania
>>
It's fucking amazing. If you've got leave for a day and want to relax, take the ferry to Ischia and spend a day at Poseidon water park

It's 30 or so volcanic spring-fed mineral pools, at different temperatures and mineralization, with a private beach. It'll be the most relaxed you'll ever be in your life.

Plus the ice cream drinks at the restaurant are fucking amazing. And there's a beer/wine/appies mini-restaurant set in a cave. It was founded a few hundred years ago by a German monk as a health spa, and god damn if I don't wish I were back there.
>>
Just south of Naples is the Amalfi coast which is great for daytrips or just some driving with amazing views. http://www.amalficoast.com/
Be ready for crazy drivers though, traffic rules are not something they are used to down there.
>>
Naples 1948
>>
>>1139791
>>
How'd you get Naples? I'm in the military too and I got stationed in Northern Italy
>>
>>1139815
Probably https://www.jfcnaples.nato.int
>>
>>1139626
Was stationed there in 2011.
Almost got married to an Italian that lived in Rome.
DO NOT DRINK BY YOURSELF.

Naples in kinda dangerous, as well as Rome, so be careful. DO NOT DO PUBCRAWLS. They are a scam, specially in Rome.
It's better to go drink with some peeps instead.
Where are you going, CAPO or Support Side?
HM?
>>
I'm going to naples in 2 weeks and would like to know this too. Are there any beaches there? I see beaches in other areas that I'd have to basically take a day to get to on the maps
>>
>>1139815
Be Navy. Though I have noticed Italians hate Naples
>>
>>1140015
We don't like garbage dumps, especially if they cover historical ruins and are populated by ignorant terroni.
>>
File: image.jpg (345KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
345KB, 1024x576px
>>
What's with everyone ITT saying Naples is good? It's fucking shit.
>>
>>1140752
Yeah my sister went there and said that it was the seediest/scumiest place.
>>
>>1140752
>>1140909
>flyovers
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.