[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you find people to travel with? There's so many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: travel-partner.jpg (23KB, 535x357px) Image search: [Google]
travel-partner.jpg
23KB, 535x357px
How do you find people to travel with?

There's so many trips I want to take and so many places I want to visit but I'm tired of doing so on my own. I've traveled all over Western and Eastern Europe as well as North America but I've only done so solo. I'd like someone I can cut costs with, plan trips together, share adventures and knowledge with, provide company to, actually do things with, etc. Meeting people in hostels is okay if you want to walk around aimlessly through the city together and then forget about them forever once you leave but other than that it's no good.

All of my friends either have no interest in traveling, have no money to travel, or only care about flying to some exotic place just to get drunk. How do I find people who are actually open to genuinely experiencing traveling and not just want to stay in the hostel bed until 1pm and then get drunk every other night until they eventually pass out at 4am?

Is there a website where you can meet other travelers? Hell, I'd even be open to meeting other people from /trv/ to see things with. I literally don't know where else to look and find someone I can journey with.
>>
Just get a girlfriend
Bitches love to travel anyway
>>
>>1139539
>women
>someone you want to travel with
lol

>my feet hurt
>can we go to victoria secret yet
>omg why do we have to go to another boring museum
>do you want to get some ice cream
>why did you shit when you know i have to do my hair
>can you take a selfie of me
>the lighting isnt good can you take a few more
>hey anon i read online about this vegan organic cafe lets go their for lunch
>wow street food again why dont you take me to a real restaurant
>im getting cramps
>i think im on my period
>another hostel uhhgggg why cant we stay in a hotel i need to shower
>why do we have to walk so much can we get a taxi
>my feet hurt

Memes aside, I wouldn't mind it but it's not like I can just get the perfect girlfriend overnight. Women also come with some extra liability too. You pretty much need to exclude any strenuous physical or outdoors activities and keep an eye on her.
>>
>>1139553
>>1139539

I have a girlfriend but we haven't traveled together once in two years. We've taken a few short, in-state trips, but I've done all of my traveling overseas exclusively by myself. Now, having said that, I do think it'd be enjoyable to go somewhere with her - the problem is that we both work. She's already graduated university but lives with her parents, as is the norm in her culture. Most of her yearly vacation time goes to whatever family trip her mom put together, which is usually back home to India.

Anyway, as I said, I've never traveled with anybody else. Without a single exception, every time I've gone to another country I've stepped on and off the plane entirely unaccompanied.

Traveling by yourself is easy. If you want to travel with somebody else, you stay at a hostel for a half second and you'll make friends for a day, a night, or a week. I've kept in contact with some hostel people for years. As I think is often said on /trv/, traveling alone only entails being alone when you choose to be.

Not sure why people are so reluctant to go themselves.

In my case, I prefer traveling for at least a few weeks or months at a time. It's hard to find anybody who can do that. Since neither I nor any of my student friends are rich, I don't bother asking around, because I know nobody is going to have the proper amount of time and money allotted to go here or there. Plus, I genuinely enjoy being able to decide where I want to go and how I want to get there on the spur of the moment without any major interference from anybody else.
>>
Tinder plus.

Set your location to the spot you're interested in and start swiping a few days before you arrive.

Voila, instant travel buddies that you can fuck at night too.
>>
File: 1387468373793.png (74KB, 171x278px) Image search: [Google]
1387468373793.png
74KB, 171x278px
>>1139539
>Bitches love to travel anyway
>>
>>1139553
truest post on /trv/
>>
>>1139553
>>wow street food again why dont you take me to a real restaurant
>>im getting cramps
>>i think im on my period
literally this
>>
Travelling with a girl you are on the same level with is god tier. I've traveled through East and South East Asia with my girl and never had any troubles.

I've travelled alone too but its gets old having to hang out with Hans and Klaus from your hostel because you checked in late and noone else is around.
>>
File: heartofthekekstorm.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
heartofthekekstorm.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>1139553
>Mfw
Topkek, funny because it's true. I almost always travel alone, occasionally with bros, once made the *huge* mistake of going on a trip to Thailand with a friend and his wife.

Never again.

Literally there for two hours
>"omg it's so hot, all the signs are so weird, why didn't we go to Europe"

Over the course of a week she said literally everything on your list, multiple times.

After a week in Bangkok we flew to Koh Samui, and from there took a boat to Koh Phangan for the Full Moon Party. Morning of the party I'm having breakfast with my friend (his wife was still getting ready) and I'm like

>"Listen dude, your wife is a fucking nightmare, I'm gonna go to the party with some chicks from New Zealand I just met and tomorrow I'm heading out on my own, see you back in Buffalo in three weeks."
>>
>>1139592
Works wonders in Thailand and The Philippines. OKC and DateInAsia work too.
>>
File: harem.png (552KB, 775x436px) Image search: [Google]
harem.png
552KB, 775x436px
>>1139629
>Hanging out with dudes in SEA
>Bringing a GF/wife to SEA
>Me and my harem's face when
Why. Just. Why.

If you're remotely attractive, not autistic, and can network/pipeline worth a damn you're talking a region of the world where you can *easily* bang a new girl every night.
>>
>>1139527
I think it'll be a big change for you. Went to 3 (SE)A countries on my own and liked it very much. Then went with a very good friend of mine, whom i've been living with for 3 years in a shared apartment. Didn't really enjoy it as with the other travels. Had to do so many concessions.

Good thing about travelling on your own (in SEA atleast) is you can pick someone to accompany for a day. Often people are fun, and if not you just do your own thing. Sometimes it's just nice to be with someone for only 1 day.
In like 40 days in Vietnam on my own, had only 4 dinners on my own. The rest of the days I met folks and they asked me to join them.

Did not fuck though.
>>
>tfw I was supposed to go backpacking 3 months with my GF in SEA
>tfw she broke up with me in March
>tfw I went to SEA on my own and had the time of my life
>tfw I will go to Peru on 1 ,5 month solo trip

The feels are so confusing sometimes..
>>
>>1139811
>Vietnam
>Did not fuck though.

Obviously, why would you want to?
>>
>>1139592
>>1139629
>>1139655
>>1139657
I'm not really interested in meeting girls from Tinder or someone in a hostel bedroom. I already do that when I solo travel and you can't do much other than walk around the city during the day or grab a drink (and maybe fug) in the evening.

I'm trying to find travel partners or someone with mutual interests where I can plan a trip in advance and make the journey together with. I'd like to have someone that will accompany me during a long course and help me out or be a double for rural trips because who the hell is stupid enough to go hiking alone? I don't really know how else to explain it but I hope you guys catch my drift.
>>
>>1139539
>Bitches love to travel anyway
lmao dat aint real shit nigga
>>
>>1139527
I'm sorry it's not actual advice about looking on meetup.org for buds, or here, when you look for some companions to show you around a town (of like interests). Say you're a trekkie, go do a meetup while in D.C., for instance, and make a friend to do something with while there. Music fans are social like that too.

What I think you should do is either check yourself and your idea of travel, or simply grow the heck up. 1) I have those loafing til 1PM friends. I don't resent them, I just travel for different reasons when I'm with them and I save museums for a different time, or I simply get up early, do them, and rendezvous at lunch. Don't try to feel so deprived, but grateful instead that you DO have the traveler friends that you can hit up to go see a concert with, stay out all night, and they aren't bitching about how they are unhappy about it. Get pre-drunk, party til dawn, sleep in with some lazy breakfast in bed, TV, lots of talking and enjoy that you aren't with your parents. 2) Get new friends that travel like you like. Branch out. Find someone else of income or works for themselves and have similar goals. Rich people count, because they might be used to self indulgent travel just because they like learning, or once had the freedom to drop out from life and do more than their 2 week vacations. College kids, history majors, those types Or maybe you should forget the idea until you marry this girl (ie save money), and you both work on changing jobs/finishing educational goals that give you the same time together. Don't like that she lives at home? WTF, do something to develop independence together. Marry or be single.
>>
>>1139960
>someone with mutual interests where I can plan a trip in advance and make the journey together with.
Friend and/or spouse. Random strangers don't work for that, like you said, other than random walking around for the day like you said you don't want.

What do you do for a living?

I just can't tell if you have no ability to make (or keep) new friends or you have some idea that you should travel instead of resume work, and can't find anyone like yourself your age. The only people I know who have months off to travel are european or live off their parents and act like they have more disposable income than they really do, eschewing responsibilities and investments that would be prudent at their age. Spending all of your savings in a cycle just to travel doesn't make a lot of common sense, so you might find it uncommon or even difficult to find friends who think like that. I grew up upper middle class, and when I subdivide my friends, there's definitely a type like that. People like myself who maintained this lifestyle all have grad degrees, and good resumes, and most are creatives. By creatives, I mean CS people who are so damn good at their jobs, they dictate their terms and work off their laptops while traveling, will stop and drop everything for 48 hours straight for IT emergencies and then earn their time off til the next crisis or launch or something. Arts types too. Project work, from engineering to graphic arts, people who actually work for 4 employers at once, teaching, training and have school timed big chunks off like entire summers. In a university career, if you make good money, you work with _some_ likeminded people who don't think anything is wrong with checking off world locations. Get into pilot circles. Make friends through some flight classes. Airline friends get buddy passes. Is it that your friends are all married/busy? Or you live in a stupid rural place?
>>
>>1140105
>1)
That sounds like fun and all but it's not what I like to do when I travel. I travel so I can experience the world, foreign cultures, enjoyment, etc. I never get mad at people for wasting the whole day away because they want to get drunk but I'd rather not travel with them because it creates extra baggage for me. I'm not a boring person by all means but drugs, alcohol, and late nights isn't why I spend lots of money to travel.
>2) Get new friends that travel like you like.
That's exactly why I'm here. I'm not trying to find rich people with lots of time or a wife. I'm just trying to find other solo travelers who would like to buddy up on a trip they'd like to take.

For example, I want to visit Yugoslavia. You want to visit Yugoslavia too? Awesome, which places were you thinking? Cool, here's my input. Do these dates work out for you? Alright sounds good, I'll meet you in location one and we can begin our journey together. On this day we can take an excursion to this place together. Oh look here it says 2 for the price of 1. After that we'll work our way down to here and depart at this location and go back home.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

>>1140108
>What do you do for a living?
I'm a student located in central Europe on a gap year with T&M Funds.

>[Insert paragraph here]
I think you got the wrong gist of what I'm looking for. I'm not some rich guy trying to travel full time. I'm just a student trying to make the most of my gap year and traveling is one of the few things I actually enjoy. I'm trying to find other students or people who want to travel somewhere but don't want to do so alone. After a while solo traveling gets exhausting and depressing. I want to travel outside the first world but for my first time I'd rather not do so alone.
>>
>>1139527
[email protected] dummy email I've been looking for travel buddies
>>
>>1139592
You don't even need Tinder plus. If you travel to a non western country just state your nationality in the bio and prepare to be drowned in matches. I went to Ukraine and said that I was either American or Swiss and I just about matched with everyone I liked. I'm also blonde haired so you can guess what happened in Thailand and Brazil.
>>
>>1139527
Done 9 months, meet people in hostels. Cook meals together, go on trips together, get drunk together. Fucking good memories with people you barely know and may never meet again... man take me back now.
>>
>>1139553
>can you take a selfie of me
10/10
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.