[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can /trv/ recommend an affordable country in Europe (or maybe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Zagreb-Croatia-by-Night.jpg (341KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
Zagreb-Croatia-by-Night.jpg
341KB, 1200x798px
Can /trv/ recommend an affordable country in Europe (or maybe the Middle East?) for my girlfriend and I to visit for a week during winter?

Some places I was thinking about:
>Croatia -> Zagreb, Split, lots of other places that look nice
>Serbia -> Belgrade, Novi Sad, Nis
>Jordan -> All I really know is Petra
>Greek Islands -> Not sure if this is affordable or safe so I could use advice on both

We're mainly just looking for a place where we can hang out for a week and have fun walking around, doing winter stuff (unless we go to a hot place), and maybe visiting museums.

We don't care about nightlife or drinking and we're open to all suggestions.
>>
>>1139516
Look at Ljubljana too.
If by "winter stuff" you also mean some kind of sport, Slovenia definitely a great country to visit.

It's been a few years since I visited, but I really liked the place. Small and comfy, good food and wine.
>>
>>1139517
Thanks, I actually did take a Lonely Planet book about Slovenia out of the library yesterday and the Julian Alps also seem like a great place to visit.

We might like to try skiing, but we are also interested in stuff like Christmas Markets, ice skating, and maybe a classical concert with Christmas music, if that makes sense.
>>
>>1139521

I'm not into any of that myself, but by God, that sounds like a /comfy/ vacation. I can't offer much advice because I've never been to Europe in winter, but have fun, OP!
>>
>>1139521
I love Christmas markets. Wasn't in Slovenia during Christmas and have only really experienced them in Lübeck and different places in Belgium, but they were super comfy.
Sadly we don't really do them in Denmark.
>>
>>1139516
everything is way cheaper in winter. except kopaonik in serbia, faggots.
coming from greece:
>Croatia -> expensive coast, but beautiful. If you are musilm, black, jewish, serbian, russian, greek speak english and don't mention it, trust me... dubrovnik is a must! neo nazis are a big problem, if you are white and catholic, very safe
>Serbia -> the cheapest one (FYROM is cheaper, but nothing to see), nice mountains and rivers. lots of cheap skiing. cities are dirty. best (and cheap) nightlife. no museums of note. pretty safe (if you are not muslim)
>Jordan -> expensive to get there, medium to cheap everything else. stunning architecture (+ wadi rum, jerash, the dead sea...).nice people. winter is good bcs of temperatures. safety- i would wait a few years for the middle east to settle down a bit.. went there a long time ago..
>Greek Islands -very cheap (samothraki) cheap (thasos),medium (crete) , very expensive (santorini). you can even steal a swim on crete in winter, also out of season. samothraki is a gem during the season, greeks go there (no tourists!). skip the island close to turkey (lesbos, rodos..) because of the illegal immigrants. other ones are very safe
>>
>>1139561
Thanks for your post. I looked into ticket prices to a bunch of places, and now we are heavily interested in going to Greece with maybe two days in Athens, one in Delphi, and a few days on an island or two.
>>
>>1139516
Tbh visiting cities isn't that nice in the winter time in Europe. If skiing and winter sports interest you at all, there are tons of options.
>>
Bulgatria. Cheap to fly in/out. Cheap if you aren't in the top tier places and plenty of activities for couples. Great beaches.
>>
File: SAM_2815.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_2815.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
Have you considered Morocco? The holidays are a great time to visit; the climate is cool, the tourists are scarce and the almond trees are just starting to blossom.
If you're considering both Jordan and places with Christmas markets, it sounds like anywhere is fair game.
>>
>>1139778
If you are in Athens, before going to Delphi, I would suggest Sounion and old Corinth... That's an extra day or two. If you are going to multiple islands, I would suggest Thasos- Samothraki or Santorini-Crete!

>>1139970
second that. the sea is not nice, but that is not a problem in winter..
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.