[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is England so fucking depressing? I'm here visiting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 14

Why is England so fucking depressing? I'm here visiting and the country is nice, it is developed, there is a high quality of life, but everything here is so fucking SAD. People here are polite, but cold as fuck, and you can feel some tension or repressed aggressiveness in them. Can anyone please tell me what the deal is or is it just me?
>>
>>1139401
I don't know if this is bait, but English behavior is normal. Would you prefer some parts of America where strangers walk around acting like they're on coke?
>>
>>1139407
It's not bait. I'm in Bristol at the moment and everything is so fucking dreary here. I can't explain it. It is nice, and developed and everything but there is like this bad energy everywhere. And it really can't be just the weather as I have lived in Canada in the past, and it is a very nice country to live in.
>>
>>1139407
Sorry that you're so afraid of normal friendliness mate

I went to Italy and you could talk to strangers there too. I think it's when you get far enough north, like 50 N maybe the oppressive weather just depresses everyone
>>
>>1139410
Is it friendliness to very politely ask for directions and get answered an extremely dry "I don't know"? But that's not really the point, as I haven't really had any bad experiences here. The point is, can anyone explain why England is so depressing? I don't think I would want to come back here ever again. I was looking forward to going to Wales and stuff, I really don't care anymore. Is all of Europe like this?
>>
>>1139414
I was replying to the guy defending English coldness. Pay attention

Also I just said italy is more friendly
>>
File: baby shampoo.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
baby shampoo.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
>>1139401
>>1139414
Are you gonna be OK? What's your mom's number? I can call her to come pick you up....

Oh wait, I've still got it saved from last night. Sit tight lad, she's on her way.
>>
>>1139417
S I C K B U R N
I
C
K
B
U
R
N
>>
OP, You think that's bad..Try coming to Southern Ireland (ROI) and see how worse it is.

This place is literally a nanny state. Abortion is illegal, taxes for people are high, weather is truly crappy, knackers everywhere, OTC medicines that are available in other countries are only by prescription (most that work).

Schools are uniform based...

But desu, the west of Ireland is the most beautiful place on earth IMO when the weather is good. The Cliffs of Moher are to die for (just don't fall of them...)
>>
>>1139432
>knackers everywhere
knackers go well with soup
>>
People aren't actually cold when you get to interact with them.

It's just that they are so careful to not offend anyone/anything that they rather keep quiet.

Personally, I found American service much worse than English when you didn't tip. That's fucked up if you ask me.
>>
Mate, you're in Bristol. You can't judge a country with so many different regions on one city. The divide between North, South, East and West is huge.

Why not visit the Lake District or the Peak District? Why not go to the seaside near Cornwall? Why not go to Whitby? Why not try Liverpool? Each of those places would offer something different.

We have a very reserved attitude. We are friendly, but private. Paradoxical as it is, we are also cold, but warm. Talk to people in a pub and they'll be cold at first, but as the night progresses you'll experience a kinship like you've never felt before.

If somebody asks for directions it will probably seem like we're really annoyed at you for asking. Really, in my experience it's because we don't like the pressure or responsibility. Plus in America the roads are so simple. "Left here, right here, 4000 miles on this road and you'll be there". In the UK it's "Take the fourth left on the narrow road built for horse and cart (if a tractor comes you need to reverse down the entire road), take the third exit on the roundabout..." and so on. We have to plan out the entire route in our heads and that's not always as easy as in other countries.

Plus there's the humour side of things. We may be joking, but you'd never know from our tone or expressions. I work with a guy who is one of the funniest people I know, but he never smiles or laughs at anything. It's just his nature.

We don't like to cause a fuss or upset people so we'd rather not say anything at all. I wonder how many meals a day are eaten by people that didn't receive what they ordered because they are too polite to complain.

I can't tell you that your experience hasn't been depressing because it's not for me to tell you how you feel, but I just don't think you're being fair.
>>
File: 246inverary2 copy.jpg (1MB, 1455x970px) Image search: [Google]
246inverary2 copy.jpg
1MB, 1455x970px
>>1139470

In general, the farther north you go, the more friendly the locals. Big city people are always colder, pretty much in every country.

The one quirk I didn't get used to was that all shop staff under 40 now greet you with this weird "hii-uhh?" instead of "hello".
>>
>>1139401
I have never been to Bristol. But have lived for a couple of months in Manchester and Southampton. I know what you mean. The thing about english people is that theyre very proud to be English. Theres a shit ton of new laws coming out every month about health and safety, literaly telling them how to live from morning to evening. All these laws, the immigrants. They feel like theyre beeing used and neglected. Anyway. Suck it up. Soak up the atmosphere and come back in another 5-10 years
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KebJkfLoEfA
>>
>>1139401
Brexit
>>
>>1139476
>hii-uhh
It's "hiya", I believe. Like, "hi, you", but then shortened and changed because it's still the English we're talking about.

>>1139486
>new laws coming out every month about health and safety
The whole philosophy behind this is maddening and infantilising, yes, but I don't believe it has any direct influence on British friendliness.
>>
>>1139414
People in big cities don't like to be stopped because street crime is common and stopping someone in their tracks is how it usually happens. Also everything is grey.

I got the same vibe in Singapore, but that place is ridiculously safe.
>>
>>1139417
what is this summer faggotry ? please don't post here anymore
>>
>>1139401
First and foremost, it's the weather. If you look at places with cold, distant, depressed people, it's almost always the same climate. Göteborg, Seattle, London, St Petersburg, that grey, pissy, rainy, lukewarm, miserable climate really inhibits your social interaction and gets you down after a while. Also you're not getting any social interaction unless it's the pub, because who wants to go out I'm the rain?

The other problem is for the last 1000 years the UK has had a fuck or be fucked mentality. And nobody fucks harder than the government. Minimum wage is like 7 USD/hour and they'll bring in boatloads of pakis eager to work for cheaper than you, cops will hide in bushes and strip search you if you mention the word "weed", health and safety signs scare you into everything from paying train fare to not taking unlicensed cabs, it's actually quite shit. There are many reasons why living in the UK is absolute rubbish.
>>
>>1139401
Where are you from originally? From my experience, we're certainly less friendly than North Americans and Australians, but pretty comparable to other Europeans. Lots of the things the other anons have said are true too - the north tends to be much friendlier than the south, we have quite a dry/sarcastic sense of humour that can mistaken as unfriendly, and we typically (at least traditionally) go to great lengths to try not to offend other people. Americans might seem friendlier to some people because of how confident and forthcoming they are, but we have a stereotype that they are loud, brash and disrespectful.

Finally, if you're basing this opinion on London, it's worth knowing that the rest of the country also thinks of London as a cold and unfriendly place, and views their own town/city as being much nicer.
>>
>>1139637
I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, because life in the UK really isn't anywhere near as bad as you make out. Minimum wage for over 21s is £6.70 (~$8.80) and is going to keep rising over the next few years until it meets the 'Living Wage' to about £8 iirc. You're right that there is a problem with migration, and migrants working for less than the legal minimum wage and undercutting British workers, but it's really not that widespread. Your comment about the police is just silly, and paying your train fares and for actual taxi drivers is just the mark of a civilised country desu.
>>
>>1139401
I am Polish and live in UK since 4,5 years.
It's one of the most depressing places on Earth.
People are very rude(pretend to care how you are when they don't mean it, always lie that "it's fine" when it isn't).
Food is absolutely terrible, houses are dirty and full of moud(even the ones where rich people live). Women ugly and there is constant rain.
I can't wait to leave. Thinking about getting any job in Thailand, Singapore or Cambodia.
>>
>>1139716
>s, but pretty comparable to other Europeans.
English are anything but European. In fact they can be pretty racist to Europeans.
I feel at home in Warsaw, Berlin, Barcelona, but never in London.
English will always try to make you feel unwelcome.
>>
>>1139716
>Finally, if you're basing this opinion on London, it's worth knowing that the rest of the country also thinks of London as a cold and unfriendly place, and views their own town/city as being much nicer.

Beware of South UK. People there are incredibly racist. I lived in a southern town for several years in Wiltshire.
I was refused service in shops and restaurants because I am Eastern European and people would make racist comments all the time.
People were a lot friendlier in Manchester though.
London is less racist but you will still encounter it if you are from a "wrong" European group.
>>
>>1139742
Don't let the door hit you on the way out lad.

>>1139745
Only ~40% of London's population is white British. It's becoming less and less an English city and more and more a separate multicultural city-state. Lots of people being unwelcoming to you either aren't English at all, or are first- or second-generation immigrant families.

>>1139754
I've lived in a city with high levels of Eastern European immigration all my life and have never seen this or heard of it happening. There have been some tensions in the community sure (Lithuanian gang stabbed a teenager to death, there was some backlash after that) but I've never heard of any Eastern Europeans being refused service. Not calling bullshit necessarily, but I'm skeptical.
>>
I don't know which England you people are talking about but its not the one I live in. People are reserved, they are not 'cold'. And I don't know where you get the idea we have 'repressed aggression' from.

You can sit down on any random bus or train and probably start a conversation with someone unless they are busy. People are just reserved so tend not to initiate but once a conversation starts most people are glad to talk. The weather is a good opener.
>>
I've traveled to quite a lot of countries around Europe and I've just returned from being in England (Birmingham and a few other cities) for a couple of months and I can confirm that >>1139742 is an accurate post of what it's like. Of course, it will vary from region to region and you will have friendly/unfriendly people anywhere you go, but I definitely felt an aura of a lot of people being cunts and/or primitive.

During my couple of months there I worked in a typical English pub/bar/restaurant (Slug&Lettuce), hung out with co-workers, customers and a girl I met on Tinder and got to experience a lot of the 'culture'.

Some negative things that I've observed (feel free to comment on them):

- Food is for the most part, garbage. I've read (and you can observe this) that the UK has more ready meals than all of the other EU countries put together. Furthermore, there is an absolute fuckload of fast food and snacks (crisps, sweets, sweetened beverages, etc.). The eating habits and palate of most English people are unhealthy and bland. Slices of toasted white bread are seen as the greatest thing, being consumed on a massive basis (for breakfast or whenever you're hungry at home) being topped with things like baked beans/peanut butter/jam. Healthy lunch options are replaced with so-called 'meal deals' where you can get a discounted combo of a nutrient-less sandwich (usually something plain and lacking vegetables like ham and cheese or tuna w/ mayo) paired with a small snack like a packet of crisps or a candy bar and a drink, which almost always ends up being something like a Coke or artificially flavored juice drink.
Vegetables are rarely seen in the diets of many people and are usually limited to baked beans or garden peas. Working as a waiter I've noticed that a lot of people will ask for their burger to be without vegetables or ask for no vegetables with other dishes.

cont.
>>
>>1139786
(cont.)

The drinking and party culture is based on getting absolutely wasted. Many conversations of my co-workers were about how drunk someone got and ended up puking but somehow this was something amazing and worth talking about. People spend massive amounts on getting drunk and can come into a bar and drop a ton of money just to get as drunk as possible. English women dress like prostitutes when going out, which high heels, tight revealing dresses and a ton of make-up being a must. They are for the most part slutty and casual sex is very common, which is probably the cause of a ton of young mothers and unwanted pregnancies. Real life examples of this are 'hen parties', where a girl about to get married goes out with her girlfriends and get absolutely drunk. This is accompanied by sexual themes like inflated penis balloons and penis straws among other things.

I might add some more points later on if anyone bothers reading any of what I wrote.
>>
>>1139764
>You can sit down on any random bus or train and probably start a conversation with someone unless they are busy
This. I enjoy chatting on the bus with old ladies.
>>
>>1139786
>>1139792
I'm English, and I have some comments on your comments. Some of the unfriendliness you experienced may have been a result of the industry you work in - I also work as a barman and waiter and the annoying fact is that some people think they have the right to treat service staff like shit. Is that unique to the UK? I wouldn't have thought so. Also, for every cunt you get, there's also the nice customers who see that you're working hard and treat you with respect. Again, this might vary from region to region. In the north, I've heard that it's tradition for customers to buy the barman the drink if they're getting a round in, to say thanks for the service. I'm in the Midlands and it's not so common here, but it happens from time to time.

I think your comments on diet and drinking culture are actually very accurate, although without wanting to generalise too much, that describes the working-class far better than the middle-class. The exception to this is university students (mostly middle-class) who tend to drink a lot. I'd get blackout drunk at least once a week while at university and, as you say, conversations with my friends tended to be about funny things we did while drunk, who slept with who, and so on. I noticed that European students on exchange tended to drink far less and actually just wanted to get a buzz on and have a nice night out. So yeah, there is that problem, but it mostly calms down in mid- to late 20s - like I said, I used to drink shitloads, but now that I'm not at university I've been drunk only once in the last year.
>>
>>1139786
>Food is for the most part, garbage
This is true, sadly. The ready-meal section at my local Asda is easily three times that of the fruit & vegetable section. At Tesco they're about equal. Not like where I'm from.

There are some things I don't really understand, like the carpet everywhere (even in pubs), the automatically shutthing doors, and crop tops on obese 14-year olds. But to be honest, I rather enjoy living here.
>>
>>1139802
On the topic of drink, I'm also puzzled why some pubs feel the need to have 6 different lagers on tap. It's all the same pisswasser anyway, whether it's been imported from Spain, Belgium, Italy or Czechia.
>>
>friend moved to london
>it looks abysmal, always overcast, not much to note
>he goes to shitty pubs and sometimes a historic building

Little desire to go to london tbqh. Looks like the depression capital of europe. Plus the shit weather, shit food, high prices...why bother? Only place in UK I really want to go are cliffs of moher, some of those parks and islands in the far north, and edinburg. I might stop in london a few days just because, since my friend would probably put me up for free and I won't have to worry for housing cost.

Pic related, a romanticization of an england that bears no resemblance to reality. Irl it's just a bunch of chavs who like to get pissed and eat shitty curry and muchy boxes.

>>1139786
>Vegetables are rarely seen in the diets

>meanwhile, across the 20 mile sea, veg in everything and excellent cuisine

What gives, bongs? Your mum too busy sucking paki cock to ever teach you to eat your veg? Or cook something that isn't boiled or fried, for that matter?
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (1MB, 1512x2150px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
1MB, 1512x2150px
>>1139820

>didn't attach pic
>>
Yeah the food in UK is absolute hell tier.
Why?
Even vegetables sold in Sainsbury are often half rotten.
>>
>>1139786
>>1139792

You sound like a Muslim.
>>
>>1139835
Everyone from mainland Europe can confirm that English food is of terrible quality and taste. I really don't know reason for this.
>>
>>1139786
>>1139802
>>1139820
>>1139824
>>1139857
Bloody hell lads, you make it sound like we've got no alternative but fast-food and snacks over here. You can easily go to the supermarket and buy all the fruit and veg that you like, and cook any type of world cuisine yourself. You can go to a restaurant and get a healthy meal. We've had Rasheeds for so long that we've even developed distinctive British curries like the Tikka Masala, which has become a national dish. Just because lots of our population is lazy, or doesn't know how to cook, it doesn't mean that we all eat like shit.
>>
>>1139863
You don't get it. Even fruit and vegetables in places like Sainsbury look like something that would be thrown into waste in my country(but we are farming country so maybe we have better choice).Waitrose is a bit better, but even there I struggle to find good radishes ot tomatoes.I think people in UK don't realize how bad their food is. As to restaurants, even there it's often bad. I remember going to a fancy one that everyone was bragging about. For £30 I got two echilladas that were half the size of the ones I would get in Poland for £5 half of the salad, and they were burned.
>>
>>1139863

Do you know what a general observation is? No shit there are people that eat healthy in the UK and you have an amazing variety of foods over there. Nobody said that everyone eats like shit, we merely stated that the average person has a much worse diet and eating habits than someone from mainland Europe.
>>
>>1139866
No shit, things are more expensive in the UK than in Poland. Seeing as that also applies to wages, isn't that why you're here? You certainly don't seem to have any love for the country. But hey, if you think our fruit and veg is so bad, start a business importing your Polish radishes and tomatoes, you'll make a killing.

>>1139876
>Food is for the most part, garbage
>shit food
>food in the UK is absolute hell tier
>English food is of terrible quality and taste

You're welcome to your general observations, and I'm welcome to call them out for the bullshit overexaggerations that they are.
>>
File: 539_1000.jpg (65KB, 680x512px) Image search: [Google]
539_1000.jpg
65KB, 680x512px
>>1139742
It's hardly the most beautiful place on Earth, but I still think it's a bit rich coming from a Polack. I don't think there's anywhere in the UK quite as ugly and depressing as cities such as Lodz, Katowice, or Nowa Huta.
>>
>>1139938
Top kek, none of these cities look like Mogadishu
>>
Southerners will never understand.
>>
>>1139401
Jesus this thread OP is really complaining about people not being nice to him? wtf happened to /trv/?
>>
>>1139523
this anon understands

I'm a US - Italian citizen and just moved to Derry but will have to move to Donegal sooner or later, and while it was not some sort of crushing blow or anything, it was kind of a downer

my sister'd been banking on going to queens university belfast
>>
>>1139866
lol I've been to Poland it was the closest I've been to the third world outside the third world (aside from the USA)

your country is shit and full of shit people, shit food and shit prospects
>>
Polish people: "yeah our country got fucked by Nazis more than anyone except the Russians but we're going unironically put swastikas everywhere because we're more retarded than abbos apparently"

Russians: "you think you love loving the Nazis even though it's retarded? Lol you don't know nothing!"
>>
>>1139401
It's overpopulated and the racial demographics/relations are getting way out of control.
>>
>>1139742
>I am Polish and live in UK
There's your problem. They get a free pass to be racist towards you since you're a white punching bag.
>>1139754
^ This basically
>>
Reading this thread is not making me feel good.
I'm a kiwi guy, currently living in Melbourne, moving to London in a few months.
What have I done...
>>
>>1139526
This, I'm from Paris and it's a lot like this.
>>
>>1139742
>People are very rude
>Food is absolutely terrible
Polacks are rude as hell, while Brits are some of the most tolerant people in Europe. If you don't think so you are very ignorant. Also your food is disgusting, unless you like watery cabbage.
>>
>>1140418
If you are of English descent, you should be safe. Otherwise be careful, especially if you are of Eastern European heritage. Don't reveal you had Polish family, as Poles are absolutely hated in UK, and you could get beaten up or harassed. Best case scenario is that they stop talking to you.
>>
If you're not a miserable cunt you'll get by just fine in England.

>>1139866
Who the fuck spends £30 on two enchiladas? Which fancy restaurant serves enchiladas? I can't take your opinions on food seriously after that.

>>1139803
>Why are you giving me choice?

>>1140418
Don't worry bro you'll love it. Should have come for the summer though.
>>
>>1139792
>I might add some more points later on if anyone bothers reading any of what I wrote.

Read every word. Was good. Would read again. Although my experience with England is limited your description is consistent with what I've seen.

-Sincerely, grateful if you post more.
>>
>>1139401
i think its a combination of protestant morality, class divides and the high population density. america has this mindset of "everyone i meet should be my friend" whereas british people are like "i have enough friends, there are too many people to maintain a relationship with all of them, so i don't really have to be friendly"
>>
>>1139883
This goes back to the fact mentioned before:
you guys hardly eat veggies. 3 of my cousins live in london; and i see the same shit. They want fish & chips or a simple pasta;

A proper burger they want the veggies off. you guys have no taste, literally. No offense dude, just fact.
>>
>>1139414

Lad haven't you heard?

Brexit is here, we can't be arsed with tourist faggots treating our country like a giant Disneyland anymore.

Never come back, cheers.

t. Someone who lives in a city swarmed by tourist scum every summer
>>
>>1141034
This
>>
File: coffee.jpg (120KB, 855x683px) Image search: [Google]
coffee.jpg
120KB, 855x683px
>>1139863
>we've got no alternative but fast-food and snacks over here
Oh, there is choice, that's not really what I was complaining about.
It's just that many English (I'm wary of saying most, because I don't have a whole lot of colleagues) don't realise or care about such choice. For instance, when we go to our canteen, there's always some colleagues opting out of the jacket potatoes (another oddly British thing) and instead getting a packet of crisps because "jacket potatoes are bad for you".

Couple that with companies knowing they can launch advertisements like pic related and not be subject to quarter-debilitating ridicule, and eh.
I saw the left poster in the Tube when I was visiting for work and I stopped dead in my tracks.
>>
>>1141034
>brit upset by tourism scum
Then you know how we feel. Lager louts coming to OUR cities for their stags or whatnot, standing on street corners in their office shirts (now used as civvie wear), the fabric suspended from protruding pot-bellies. Holding cans of beer. Shaven heads and the ugliest fkn mugs known to man. Stay on your island. Try to pull yourself out of your rut.

Last time you built a decent house was 1880. Last time you made a decent car was probably in the 1930s. Face it, you are the sick man of Europe (which is probably the psychological reason why you pretend not to be Europe).
>>
File: 1427932466100.png (62KB, 1043x500px) Image search: [Google]
1427932466100.png
62KB, 1043x500px
because pic related and similar tales
>>
>>1141134
>you are the sick man of Europe
Yeah, we're in much worse shape than the shitholes in Eastern Europe and the countries getting overrun with durkas in Western Europe. Kindly stay on the continent with your quasi-homosexual saunas, unshaven women and effeminate men. Ta.
>>
>>1141357
yes, you are
>>
>>1141357
>I honestly believe that the UK is better off than the rest of Europe.
>I cherrypick some random Eastern European cities as strawman' to make me feel better
>I kid myself that the UK is not muslim and queer heaven
>I kid myself that UK men aren't metro and that UK women are vain

Kid, not a single one of your "points" is a valid one. Get out more.
>>
>>1141134

Fair play we have stagfags and Benidorm pensioners, but they are most confined to resort towns.

We don't have any resorts here, so you have swarms of Eurotrash tourists clogging up living working cities every year.

I can't even fucking move down the street to my office in the morning because of swarms of Spanish, Portuguese and Chink and other Eurotrash tourists in my town at this time of year.

You also send your kids here during summer for "English school", when all they do is walk around in packs and speak Spanish constantly and never communicate in English ever, but just treat it as a long holiday and piss off locals.

Local British people in heavily touristed cities here face long commutes, high stress jobs, ever increasing costs and mass immigration destroying our culture - that is why they are not shaking the hands of every European tourist that comes here on holiday and expects to be treated like a king.

I've travelled heavily in Europe, and in some countries you are treated like shit - but just deal with it, you are a guest there. Don't expect everyone to fall to their knees welcoming you just because you got a £20 Ryanair flight from your shithole town to here m8
>>
>>1139637
"I'm the rain"

so its your fucking fault we're so miserable?
>>
>>1141357
Pretty sure crime, terrorism are worse in UK than in Eastern Europe. Not to mention weather and food.
>>
>>1141432
>crime
You're kidding, right?

By the way, you don't have to bribe cops and doctors in the UK to actually do their jobs.
>>
>>1141416
Yes, i love to occasionally vaycay in places like Germany or Denmark but I mostly travel around the UK or Scandinavia, making people miserable and depressed wherever I go.
>>
I visited Leicester in the East Midlands. It wasn't too bad. I wrote about it for my website. www.natal.space/leicester/
>>
>>1139792
>>1139786

Sounds like you were surrounded by plebs.

There are excellent restaurants everywhere and I find people generally have an interest in eating well. It's certainly a million times better than it is in America.

Drinking culture is easily the worst thing about Britain though.
>>
>>1141540
Our drinking culture is shit because politicians think forcing pubs to close early reduces drunkenness when in fact it just encourages people to drink more in a shorter period of time - more than they can handle. Other European countries realised this long ago and there are plenty of places you can walk in at 4am and get a pint without yobs fighting each other on the streets.
>>
>>1139414
Did you look like a beggar?
>>
>>1141445
I am not kidding. Poland, Slovenia, Czech Republic are safer to live in than most Western Europe.Our crime rates are often lower too.
>>
>>1141445
>you don't have to bribe cops and doctors in the UK
With a probable few exceptions, neither do you have to anywhere else in Europe.

>crime
Yes crime. Try owning a scooter in central London. Within XX of days it will be dragged off towards the nearest "estate". No matter how much you lock it down.

You really don't get out much, chav.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1140453
British food
"Food"
>overpriced
>undercooked
>no spices
>small portions, not even American, but portions in UK are extra small
>tastes like rubber mixed with cardboard
No thanks m8
>>
>>1141445
>crime
We don't have beheadings, terrorism, ghettos from Middle East and Africa and our crime rates are actually lower.
Feels good to be Eastern European.
>>
>>1141693
Kek, did you eat at McDonald's or what? Good food requires skilled labor, which costs money.
>>
>>1141696
You also don't have well-paying jobs or any interesting culture to speak of...
>>
>>1141540
>Drinking culture is easily the worst thing about Britain though.

Fucking this.

>Studied in England, stayed in uni halls for my first year. Sociable and like a drink so I thought I'd have no problems.
>End up living with the world's biggest group of bellends imaginable.
>From day one they set up a 'Chunder Chart' on the fridge. They were keeping record of how many times people kept drinking after vomiting on a night out. Winner would have a free night of drinks bought for them at the end of the year.
>I'm emetophobic, couldn't relax around people who made it their goal to vomit.
>Stopped going out with them, people thought I was 'weird' and 'antisocial' because of it.
>People vomiting in the kitchen during pre-drinks was common from playing drinking games.
>Finding vomit under the kitchen table or on the counter or in a shower was common.

Year of hell.
>>
>>1141034
I live in New York and work in Manhattan. Try walking down the street with slow tourists,crowds gathered around tour bus touts,idiots come up to your bus stop wondering whether it goes up Madison Avenue. You tell them it's a Queens express but they don't believe you. When they board you have to get out of their way when they back off the bus.
>>
>>1139457
Well if you don't tip in America, you've basically said to the server "Fuck you, you did a horrible job."

>>1139938
>You have some freckles so you can't comment on my black eye!!
>>
>>1139963

If you're resident long enough, you'll get rights to remain. Probably Ireland/N.Ireland will come to some kind of agreement. But yea, Brexit definitely fucked a lot of potential.

>>1141034
>Brexit is here, we can't be arsed with tourist faggots treating our country like a giant Disneyland anymore.
>Never come back, cheers.
>t. Someone who lives in a city swarmed by tourist scum every summer

>OYO me und me mates is flyin to Ayia Napa next week! Gonna get proper smashed every fuckin night
>gonna piss and puke on every shop front we can find
>gonna shag our fat pasty womenfolk on public benches
>best part is we only have to lift the lycra six inches to get access
>then fall asleep in a puddle of semen and piss in front of a bakery!!

British tourists are hands down easily the scummiest in all of Europe.
>>
>>1141118
>add instant coffee to your spag bol
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>1141752
>British tourists are hands down easily the scummiest in
This!

And the butthurt pom defending in this thread are gonna claim that this is the behaviour of a minority, when it is in fact a majority pastime. Brits with class and proper demeanour are extremely hard to find. Granted, I would be rowdy as well, looking myself in the mirror and find something hideous looking back.
>>
>>1141709
>emetophobic
Literally doesn't exist la. You should have stopped being such a vagina and learned to have a bit of fun with the lads, you weird anti-social jf.

>>1141752
Resorts like Ayia Napa only exist because of Brit tourists drinking to excess and generally behaving like bellends. You don't set up a business there and be surprised by the hordes of drunken chavs, you just put up with them seeing as they're paying the bills. Do have sympathy when they're let out of their containment zones (Ayia Napa, Kos, Malia, etc) and spill over into genuinely nice cities (Prague, Bratislava, Krakow, etc).
>>
File: 1459191845715.png (180KB, 522x534px) Image search: [Google]
1459191845715.png
180KB, 522x534px
>>1139401
I moved from Australia to the UK last year for work. I've lived near Manchester, and recently in the south near London.

When I lived in Aus, I constantly went on and on to my friends about wanting to 'leave this shitty country', hoping that literally anywhere would be better. When I finally got the opportunity and moved, reality hit me hard. Shit sucks everywhere, but in England everyone is in a state of perpetual depression. They literally complain about absolutely everything at every opportunity. They complain about the cold and rain every single day, and then on the 30-odd days where its actually rather decent, they complain about it being too hot.

I cant believe how every supermarket is half junk-food. Fruit and veg is either bad quality or really expensive to the point where I understand why a lot of English eating habits are so bad.

There also seems to be many people doing literally _nothing_ with their lives here, and accepting it unequivocally as their fate. Long-lived class system at work I guess. I've met so many people who have never left their county, never visited London, never fucking visited Europe despite flights of 30 pounds or less.

Despite my country being born from theirs, and a lot of my culture borrowed from theirs, I feel no connection to this place or the people. I want to go home. Please bring me home. Fucking kill me.

sorry for the blogpost
>>
>>1141696
>ghettos
Your whole country is one big ghetto.
>>
>>1141858
OP here. Australia must be definitely better than UK. Australians seem chill, very happy and friendly. The English are polite, melancholic and depressed. I'm sorry but it's true. Also I'm sure Oz is a very modern country. I know the British take a lot of pride in their history and old buildings, but between living among buildings that look centuries old, and living in a place like Tokyo or Seoul which are modern as fuck, I much prefer the latter.
I really haven't enjoyed walking around in England feeling like I live in the 17 century. It's depressing actually.
>>
>>1141862
http://i3.getreading.co.uk/incoming/article5430667.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/TM347272Bracknell-Forest-S.jpg
>>
File: TCUnit[1].jpg (54KB, 800x523px) Image search: [Google]
TCUnit[1].jpg
54KB, 800x523px
>>1141873
>>
File: cumbernauld1[1].jpg (48KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
cumbernauld1[1].jpg
48KB, 500x359px
>>1141875
>>
>>1141876
>>
File: R-swindon_2695715k[1].jpg (103KB, 858x536px) Image search: [Google]
R-swindon_2695715k[1].jpg
103KB, 858x536px
>>1141878
>>
>>1141879
>Re. counterpoint to 'Britain is not shit' meme
>>
>>1141873
>>1141875
>>1141876
>>1141878
>>1141879
>>1141881
>not being awed by unequivocal brutalism
I have no idea who educated British architects from the 1950s through to the 2010s but thermonuclear steps should be taken against them, though. It's only in very, very recent years that steps were beginning to be taken against this kind of vomit.

>>1141858
>and then on the 30-odd days where its actually rather decent, they complain about it being too hot
Ayyyyyy, this hits home. Particularly funny when 200+kg. obese people are complaining about being too sweaty. Yeah no shit, you fat fucks.
>>
Not a Brit but this whining is ridiculous. If you don't like it there, why don't you move? They aren't forcing you to stay.
>>
>>1139401
what a pathetic little shit
>>
>>1141895
>why don't you move
I earn about £1700 a month net. At home, I'd earn about €1700 a month net. Until the exchange rate remains in favour of the £, I'm staying here. As soon as I've got £20.000 saved or the £ tanks, I'm gone.
>>
>>1141766
>what is a bogan
>>
>>1141895
>you don't like it there, why don't you move?
I am from Poland and there are no jobs there.
I am slowly thinking about moving to Asia though, I have had enough of racism against me in UK.
>>
>>1139401
I feel the same in Germany and in Crete.
>>
>>1141907
>bogan
A bogan is just a dried out chav with melanoma.
>>
>>1141905
>>1142017
People like you flood the jobs market making it harder for unskilled workers to find work, you hate the British culture and have no desire to integrate, and then you're surprised that not everyone is welcoming? I don't blame you for coming here and leeching off the system, I'd probably do the same in your position, but you can't blame us when we vote to stop people like you doing what you are doing.
>>
>>1142096
>insert typical racist chav insults against hard working Poles
>hurr durr open your market to our companies, we will let you work in UK
>hehe stupid Slavs opened their market, time for takeovers
>oh mai gawd they are actually coming here
>close the border
>but let our companies still go in all right m8s?
>>
>>1142096
>e and have no desire to integrate,
What is this bullshit with "integration"?
Only a few people come to other countries these days to live there forever. What do you think this is? 19th century? We live in a global world, and people can contact their families and country in a nano-second. English go to Dubai or Thailand for 5-10 years then head back home, Poles come to UK for 5-10 years and go back home too. Some stay in both examples.
There is no need for English to become Thai or Poles to become English.
>>
>>1142096
>making it harder for unskilled workers to find work
Survival of the fittest m8.

>>1142121
This. How many of the retired cooked lobsters in Spain are really integrated?
>>
>>1142114
Do you really think average people in the UK care about the extent to which our biggest companies can operate globally? Even if British companies do exploit Eastern European countries in this way, those sorts of deals only ever benefit the (((richest few people))) anyway - income inequality has been rising for some time. Our small island is becoming increasingly overpopulated and urbanised, and we don't need more than 300,000 migrants (the size of a city) coming each year to put even more demands on our infrastructure.

>>1142121
If you go to live in a foreign country you should respect that country's culture. If you form isolated communities and disparage the local culture, why should you be welcomed by the locals? It's the same in every country around the world, people have national pride and want to see foreigners respecting their rules and customs before they welcome them. Sure, it's natural to gravitate towards other people of your nationality while you settle in, I'd do the same - just don't shit on the hand that feeds you.

>>1142128
I agree that Brits in Spain tend to be shit-tier and do exactly the opposite of what I said above. If I were Spanish, I'd be pissed off about it. Like I say above, nothing wrong with socialising primarily with other migrants who speak the same language as you, but you should make an effort to learn the local language, to learn about the local customs and history, and so on. Spain should take a tougher stance on these shit Brits.
>>
>>1142140
>If you go to live in a foreign country you should respect that country's culture.

If you form isolated communities and disparage the incoming culture, why should you feel welcomed by the newcomers? It's the same in every country around the world, people have national pride and want to see foreigners respecting their rules and customs before they integrate to them. Sure, it's natural to gravitate towards other people of your nationality while you settle in, I'd do the same - just don't feed off the hand that also shits on you.
>>
>>1142121
>Only a few people come to other countries these days to live there forever.
Yeah i'm sure those 2 million 'refugees' in German are going to head straight home in a few years time.
>>
>>1142140
>I agree that Brits in Spain tend to be shit-tier and do exactly the opposite of what I said above. If I were Spanish, I'd be pissed off about it. Like I say above, nothing wrong with socialising primarily with other migrants who speak the same language as you, but you should make an effort to learn the local language, to learn about the local customs and history, and so on. Spain should take a tougher stance on these shit Brits.
Most of the Brits who move to Spain are wealthy retirees. Lets face it, they're not moving for the jobs market with its 25% unemployment. Those Brits are helping to prop up the shocking Spanish economy.

Outside of London, it's very, very rare you see someone come to the UK looking to spend the wealth they've acquired elsewhere.
>>
>>1142194
>hurr durr Brits moving to other countries so great
>people moving to UK bad!

Yeah right.
Also I always laugh how Brits are triggered when somebody names them "British immigrants" instead of expats.Thats how hard they try to feel better then others.
>>
>>1142198
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>1142194
>wealthy retirees.
Bollocks. They are close to being paupers, doing the Spanish thing cause they can afford no quality of life on 1500 quid a month in the UK.
>>
>>1142193
I don't think it's 2 million, that was just a number thrown around. Many of them (Aghans, Iraqis, the africans) will be deported once their claims go through the process and are rejected. The way things are going, Merkel is on her way out and Kahleesi won't be able to protect her brownlings anymore. Despite what /pol/ would have you believe, public opinion was generally never in favour of the influx, except in the bleeding heart quarters.

>>1142200
he's paraphrasing your special snowflake hypocrisy m8.
>>
>>1142249
>he's paraphrasing your special snowflake hypocrisy m8.
More like creating his own little strawman he can easily strike down, you remedial.
>>
>live in a big grey city
>housing is bollocks expensive
>work all day making rich people richer
>your culture is dwindling
>half the cunts round here don't speak english
>all anyone wants to do is get fucked up in a shitty club on the weekend

I'm not fond of cities but english cities are particularly shit.
>>
>Eastern Yuropoors complaining about Brit tourists treating their cities like toilets

What you don't understand is that your "countries" literally are just giant toilets, why wouldn't people piss and be sick all over a toilet? There is nothing of any cultural value in Poland, Slovakia, Estonia etc so when people come from an island with 1000s of years of culture just on the street like it is nothing and see your giant toilet "country" they will naturally treat it as such.
>>
>>1142483
German cities are worse
>>
>>1141858

Its funny because its true.

>and then on the 30-odd days where its actually rather decent, they complain about it being too hot.

This bit in particular.
>>
>>1142121

I'd bet there are a hundred Poles coming to the UK for every Brit going to Poland and probably a similar situation with most East Euro countries.

>Only a few people come to other countries these days to live there forever.

This is exhausting. It makes the country feel like a soup kitchen for poorer European countries. having so many Europeans come here for 5-10 years taking our work and undercutting our wages just to leave again is frustrating. It makes our home feel like a hotel full of rude ungrateful "guests".
>>
>>1142555
Not really. Some of the 1960s concrete rebuild choices in cities that were bombed to shit are indeed ugly, but even then it's typically only this block or that, and not every street. Some of the former East is particularly bad, but it is being slowly redesigned/rebuilt. Germany's hardly the only place with brutalist commie blocks either. In quite a lot of small cities, old medieval centres are quite well preserved.

Despite what /pol/ would have you believe, most German cities are not overrun with brown people. Munich, Berlin, Stuttgart, Cologne and other larger cities have their share, but it's still below British levels.
>>
>>1142566
>taking our work and undercutting our wages just to leave again is frustrating
This doesn't happen. They are not taking work that doesn't also exist for Brits, but filling a need. Undercutting wages is illegal, so blame the employers not the employees. Enforce labour laws or STFU.

Don't like globalization? Don't vote for it.
>>
>>1142566
>taking our work
I'm paid +-£5000 a year more (net) than all of my English colleagues, and all of that is just because I have a skill few Englishmen seem to have: foreign languages. Considering they're paying me that much more than English colleagues working similar entry-level jobs (because my job isn't demanding, you just need to speak a couple of languages), I'd say they were quite desperate.
It's not taking the fair Englishman's work if there's no Englishman to take up the job in the first place.
>>
>>1142597
>Don't like globalization? Don't vote for it.
Yeah, we didn't.

I know plenty of poles in jobs english people would be happy to do. Businessmen hire the poles because minimum wage is a lot of money to them, they know they have less ambition, are less likely to ask for higher wages, and are less likely to complain. It's a no-brainer.
>>
>>1142605
>It's not taking the fair Englishman's work if there's no Englishman to take up the job in the first place.

Ok fine, but this is an exception to the rule. The VAST MAJORITY of jobs in the UK being done by foreign workers do not require any special skills that cant be done by a native.

I was unemployed for 4 months at one point, couldn't get a job anywhere doing anything. It was a similar case with several of my friends. When I finally got a job it was a low pay, unskilled job in a warehouse, and guess what? 90% of workers there were Eastern Europeans.

Now to be clear, I don't have a problem with immigration If it is controlled. If there are jobs that cant/wont be done by the British I'm in full support of letting foreigners work here. But when unemployment for British people is still quite high it is infuriating when so many of our jobs are being filled with Wojciech from Rzeszow.

The concept that foreigners only do the jobs that we are too lazy to do is a myth.
>>
>>1142597
>This doesn't happen
It does

>Undercutting wages is illegal
It is possible to undercut wages without breaking the law. Its supply and demand. I was thinking of getting a Heavy goods vehicle licence a few years ago because the pay used to be quite good. But there are so many drivers willing to work for low pay from Europe that its unreasonable to offer more. HGV drivers will often only earn a few pounds above minimum wage now.

Even for the most basic jobs, why would anyone pay more than minimum wage when there are so many applicants for so few jobs. Even builders and plumbers are being undercut due to so much competition.

The issue is that so many foreigners are happy to work for so little because in comparison to their home country it feels like a lot to them.

>Don't like globalization? Don't vote for it.
We didn't.
>>
>>1142519
Confirmed for never having traveled.
UK cities are shit. I've been all over your 'fair' isle.
>>
>>1142605
>>1142635
>We didn't.
You did, passively. We all have and still do so every day. Your made-in-Bangladesh Primark t-shirt used to be made by a woman in Italy.

Instead of aiming to be a yobbo your whole life, get an education or training so you (maybe) don't have to rely on jobs that are easily undercut.

But sign more free-trade agreements anyway, that will surely help. Lady May will surely give you a future stacking boxes of shortbread cookies for export.
>>
>>1140418
Don't move to London. Move to a cheaper northern city like Edinburgh or Liverpool/Manchester and use the savings to travel to sunnier places in Europe when the weather gets you down.

Im an aussie expat who loves in Edinburgh. I love the city and the scotts, but the weather is depressing as fuck.
>>
>>1142680

>Instead of aiming to be a yobbo your whole life, get an education or training

Fuck you and your shitty assumptions. I have a degree from a highly rated university, but it's irrelevance in the current job market is a discussion for another day. In any case this cant be the solution for everyone. We cant all be nuclear technicians and lawyers, society doesn't work like that.

Youth unemployment (16-24) is still at 15% and those of us with jobs are usually underemployed.

>You did, passively
So every time a government does anything you think that means we voted for it? We vote for what a government say they will change, not what they actually do.

Even in the case of Brexit, many people voted out with the hope of tighter boarder control, and even if we do leave the EU our leaders will try as hard as they can to maintain the status quo. They will bring us back into the single market along with free movement I guarantee it.

Democracy is an illusion.
>>
>>1139742
Do domu robaczki
>>
>>1143314
Wypierdalaj
>>
>>1142596
Munich is fucking depressing
>>
>>1139401

Because barring London England is a fucking shithole.
>>
>>1142698
>I got myself an irrelevant education
>now I blame other Europeans for my woes
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.