[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would I have any issues traveling in Finland as a black American?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: finnish-people.jpg (891KB, 2256x1496px) Image search: [Google]
finnish-people.jpg
891KB, 2256x1496px
Would I have any issues traveling in Finland as a black American? I hav traveled to Norway, and had no issues, it was an advantage if anything. But Finland seems a different, odder, beast than Scandinavia.

I'd chiefly be visiting a friend who will be an Asian expat there for work. She's been to Sweden, also without issue, but not Finland.
>>
No. Why do you ask this.

Worst you'll get is dirty looks but finns hate all immigrants/tourists.
>>
>>1138762
Because there are certain places, at least I have been told, that it's not the most pleasant to go as a black person. Same for whites. I know nothing about Finland outside of memes (crazy language, elf people, mongol blood).
>>
File: 1460630693791.jpg (45KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1460630693791.jpg
45KB, 409x409px
>>1138758
>I have traveled to Norway, and had no issues, it was an advantage if anything
kekk'd
>>
>>1138758
Look at that gang of gangly wierdos. How much sun do you think they get? How much social interaction do you think they get? Look at their psychotic, dead eyes. Eyes that only know interaction through a computer screen. Eyes that don't know how to feel, how to love.

These poor, lost, autistic souls are all you need to know about the place that God forgot, the desolate wasteland known as Finland.

Also, highest suicide rate in Europe.
>>
>>1138781
Also look at how uncomfortable they are attempting to smile, or feign human emotion beyond misery...
>>
http://www.returnofkings.com/655/9-things-every-guy-should-know-about-finland-and-its-girls
>>
>>1138758
This fucking thread again, I fucking hate you OP, I hope your whole family dies of cancer.

No no one cares that you're black, those countries have thousands of black people, no one else cares about your existence but you, no one will give a shit about where are you from or where are you going to, if you get some dirty looks or hear some nasty words stop being a soft bitch and deal with it, some people are scum
>>
>>1138794
He wants attention and his race is the only way he could get it.
Its understandable but pathetic as fuck
>>
>>1138781
I thought it was an Eastern European country, in the Balkans I think, that had the highest suicide rate.
>>
>>1138794
>>1138796
So this is any different than a thread that asks is it safe for me to X country (usually in Latin America, Africa, or the Middle East ) if I'm white? Don't people on this board all the time lost different places where it might not be the safest for a black person, like parts of Eastern Europe or Russia. Places which Finland is kind of geographically close to, in a way?
>>
>>1138793
Thanks, not looking for women, though. Though she's just a friend, I still would feel kind of awkward picking up chicks with her around.
>>
>>1138758
All the major cities in Finland are totally safe for black people if that's what you're worried about.
>>
>>1138793
Fuck off. Roosh is a fraud, there hasn't been a SINGLE case where he has gotten laid in the presence of others. Every time he has a PUA meetup, everyone strikes out and he blogs that "there's too many alpha males here".

Just another rapey sand nigger
>>
>>1138802
I never said those threads are any less stupid, and you would be stupid if you think you can compare Europe to third world countries (that's coming from a middle eastren guy).
>>
>>1138803
>Look up "beta orbiter" in Miriam-Webster dictionary
>Find OP's big black bootlipped face smiling back at me

Haha seriously you're going to deny yourself a week of muh-dikking white wimminz because of the 0.1% chance that your "friend" maybe might possibly have a chance of sort of having feelings for you?

Kay why ess eff eh em.
>>
>>1138823
Europe has third world countries, and I stated I don't know anything like Finland. Also it's less about safety and more "you're going to have a bad time" or not, if you know what I mean. Isn't this board to ask questions about travel, amongst other things? What would rather discuss? Sex tourism, or your hygiene kit?
>>
>>1138829
No the problem is when you post these threads, the whole thread turns into /pol/ 10 posts on, and it sticks like 1 or 2 months around, and it's just goes offtopic way too much.

If I remember last ( black guy in europe) thread lasted about 2 months, and it's just was complete clusterfuck that the mods banned most people who posted there.

This board is usually decent and helpful, I wouldn't like it to turn into another /int/, try to keep race issues out of it please ( and again, Europe doesn't have a problem with black people so that people go out of their ways to harass you, finland is a first world country , millions of them already live there.)
>>
>>1138758
Why are you worried? It's safer than America.
>>
>>1138840
Not worried. I'm asking. It's not about safety, but in general would I be treated in a manner to make the experience unpleasant/not worth traveling to.
>>
>>1138836

Not, OP, but that was /pol/ summer fags. School is about to start, That shit has already died down, if you notice.
>>
"black" should be fine... for "american" I wouldn't be so sure though ;)
>>
>>1138803
What kind of pussy black guy are you. Seriously post a pic i bet you look like fucking steve urkel.

Im going to helsinki to meet a girl ive talked to for a while but it'd be a waste of a trip to not go out, socialize and hit up the bars and clubs. If youre not an autistic weeaboo its easy to pick up girls being american and even better if youre black and have style. but you talk like a goddamn nerd so have fun with some girl who put you in a long-distance friendzone
>>
File: 1459368165772.gif (1MB, 295x255px) Image search: [Google]
1459368165772.gif
1MB, 295x255px
>>1138843
>im-im worried people will give me looks because im black. i-is it safe guys
>>
>>1138929
I'm not worried about looks. Like I said I don't kow shit about Finland, and asking because for all I know, shit like this happens there. Which is why I asked the question. http://www.latimes.com/world/africa/la-fg-russia-africans-20141102-story.html

>>1138928
I don't travel for wo men, though have ahd more than my share while traveling. I travel for people. Meaning I tend to go places either where someone I know lives, or someone that's familiar with it goes with me. I never had a interest in going to Finland, but as I will know someone there, now I have a reason to go.
>>
>>1138931
I think you'll be fine.

I'm Korean, and I never felt people treated me negatively. Finns aren't overly friendly or rude. They seem to mind their own business. That's my experience from one day in Helsinki, for what it's worth.

At worse, you might experience this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3299870/You-black-zero-f-ing-African-woman-come-rape-country-Kenyan-nurse-films-horrific-abuse-suffers-Finnish-woman.html
>>
>>1138928
Steve Urkel now looks like this
>>
as a finn I find these "as black is it safe for me to travel to x..." posts hilarious as fuck

yes its safe omg you're black you're the fucking danger bro
>>
White Australian who can get a pretty good scholarship to do an exchange in Finland studying finance/economics for 6 months. Will I enjoy it? Or should I go somewhere else but likely not get as much funding?
>>
>>1139250
Bumpus for answer
>>
>>1140135
>>1139250
It should be fine, most people speak English so you won't have problem with that. There's also plenty of other foreign students here, and they are hungry for company at least. Lots of Asians.
If you end in some backwoods place like Seinäjoki or Vaasa, I suggest trying to befriend some. There's lots of students who study in bigger cities(yes, city of 60 people is considered large here) but actually live at country-side in large older houses, so getting invited to spend a weekend in one would definitely be an experience.
>>
File: 20160611_142813.jpg (1MB, 1632x918px) Image search: [Google]
20160611_142813.jpg
1MB, 1632x918px
>>1140156
>I suggest trying to befriend some
Befriend some native students, I mean.

Also keep in mind that while cities like Tampere and Helsinki are about what you'd expect with very large areas where students traditionally hang out at, backwoods places are very seperated from everything else.
On weekend you could easily jump on a bicycle(there are very good biking roads here), travel for an hour and end in middle of woods with some interesting looking private houses.
>>
>>1138793
>Roosh V
>>
File: 1441789156774.jpg (38KB, 369x387px) Image search: [Google]
1441789156774.jpg
38KB, 369x387px
>I hav traveled to Norway, and had no issues, it was an advantage if anything
>an advantage if anything
>>
>>1138798
I think you mean Lithuania that's part of the Baltics
>>
>>1138931
>Comparing Finland with Russia
Yeah, nah
>>
>>1140214
That's it.
>>
>>1138758
The most dangerous place to go if you're black is somewhere with lots of other blacks
>>
>>1140262
So Sweden?
>>
>>1140631
>>1140631
genuinely lold
>>
>>1138758
Why do you even ask? The worst a black person might get in Finland are few weird looks from old people.

t.Mämmi
>>
>>1140640
this t b h, if you were a somali some other african immigrant some retards might say something rude but the moment you start speaking english they would probably be extremely ashamed of themselves, usually finns want to leave a good image of their country to the few foreigners who visit the place
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.