[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to be visiting Seattle in a few days. What am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: seattle_kerry_park.png (445KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
seattle_kerry_park.png
445KB, 700x393px
I'm going to be visiting Seattle in a few days. What am I in for? Anything I should know? Never really been to a major city before, so I don't know what it's like and I'm just generally nervous about the whole thing.
>>
>>1136934
People shit talk Seattle a whole lot around here but I liked it a lot.
Nice mix between big city and comfy feels in my opinion.
>>
Google the "Seattle Freeze". It's nothing to do with the climate. Happy reading.
>>
I'm doing the same thing, OP! Visiting family in a burb called kirkland. I really want to do lots of hiking, walking, and cycling, although I probably can't bring my own bike. I love coffee shops too, so I might visit some, although maybe that's just a meme. My stereotypical image of Seattle is hiking through a really lush, damp hillside with lots of tall trees... wonder if I can find that.
>>
>>1137021
Well, that's unfortunate.
>>
>>1137021
Born and raised in Seattle. The Seattle freeze is comparable to the culture in Scandinavia countries of everyone having a personal bubble you dont encroach upon. However tourists are excused for their lack of knowledge of our traditional customs and in the right moments even encouraged to talk about their alien past times of friendliness and physical contact.
>>
>>1137063
Vancouver is worse dude
>>
Perfect timing for the weather, should be amazing this time of year. Don't make the mistake of thinking it's nice like this all year round though, it only lasts a few months before the sun disappears and the rain starts again.

The tourist sites aren't that exciting. Ride the duck, rent a kayak and paddle around Lake Union or the Arboretum, go for a hike (Rattlesnake Ledge for an easier one, or Mount Si if you're in shape).

You're really unlikely to make a real local friend. Don't take the standoffishness personally - people live there for years without making any real friends. The social culture is really strange. If you're a girl meet someone on Tinder, if you're a guy probably don't bother unless you're very good looking. The single male/female ratio is pretty ducked these days due to the tech influx, and the single girls are generally unattractive or totally batshit.

>>1137030
More mountain than hillside, but yeah, that's everywhere. My favorite intro hike is Rattlesnake Ledge about an hour from Kirkland, go there.
>>
>>1137311
>My favorite intro hike is Rattlesnake Ledge about an hour from Kirkland, go there
Ok, I may seriously do that. Maybe Mount Si, too; looks beautiful (and close).

Thanks for the suggestions, anon.
>>
>>1137311
Kiwi guy here heading to Seattle for a few days in about a month.
Was fucking counting on tinder to work in my favour. Just read about the Seattle Freeze. Brutal.
>>
>>1137063
Scandi planning on moving to Seattle here, just looked up the freeze and was kinda bummed out. Then I realized it's just like here. Guess in many ways I won't really be leaving..
>>
Visit Alki beach and go to Marination Ma Kai, it is fucking delicious.

Also visit pike place market, and check out the first Starbucks (nothing special)
>>
File: 20160718_123806.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160718_123806.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>1137311
Thanks again. Just hiked Mt. Si and it was great. The climb to the summit was actually kind of intense, in a good way.

Have had a great time in this region
>>
>>1137021
I spent a week in Seattle last summer and didn't experience this meme.

Granted, i stayed in capitol hill where most people are young liberals, but it felt comparable to the midwest in terms of people being friendly and talking to you.

The coffee place i ended up at a few times had really nice employees. I met some chicks in a band at this bar we hung out at and we ended up partying for hours that night.

The freeze is a meme.

>>1136949
This
>>
>>1140586
>I spent a week in a Seattle Starbucks a year ago so I totally understand the cultural nuances of the locals.
>>
>>1140655
It wasnt a Starbucks faggot. I mentioned the neighborhood and hung in many of the local shops.

If the freeze werent a meme i'd have felt it. Just an excuse for Seattlites on 4chan to continue having autism and not talking to anyone.

I've experienced way bigger freezes in Brooklyn and San Francisco.
>>
>>1137826
You have an attractive accent, you'll do fine.
>>
>>1137826
Play up the fact you're from New Zealand and you'll be okay. NZ is considered "exotic" by the girls here. Maybe include some clearly-not-US scene in your main profile picture.
>>
>>1141495
>>1141955
Upgraded to tinder premium to start matching with babes there in preparation for my visit.
Should I do the Haka at every bar?
>>
>>1142790

Any variation of the British accent is exotic and attractive(in america).
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.