[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to move to southern California. I won't have a lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

I want to move to southern California. I won't have a lot of money, but I'll have some. I don't mid living in a trailer park or not so nice area as long as it's near the beach. The kind of place where you can get set up renting a room with some regular wage slave job and spend time hanging out, smoking weed, making art, enjoying the weather. What towns or areas can I do this in?
>>
Where are you moving from?
>>
>>1133454

Look at south San Diego, near the border. El Cajon, Chula Vista, national city etc
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467314471333.jpg (44KB, 640x562px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467314471333.jpg
44KB, 640x562px
>>1133454
>>
>>1133454
Dont come here if you are low on money. Eveeything is expensive as fuck and the beaches get boring once you actually live here.

I live in Coronado, and its cool but it would be dreadful if you are low income.
>>
>>1133454
Why would you want to move to the most expensive, urbanised part to live a low end, rural life?
You're just going to get gouged by prices aimed at commuters.
>>
>>1133548
New England. I'm sick of the cold.

>>1133590
Pretty much bro

>>1133609
Where in California is it warm year round and close to the beach but not as expensive? How far north can you go? I hear the bay area gets cold and damp as fuck in winter
>>
>>1133563
Sounds cool, is it expensive as everyone says?
>>
>>1133802
I wouldn't go further north than Goleta. Lompoc is both cold and windy . San Diego is expensive if you're thinking there think National City, kind of a shit hole but otherwise OK. Then Oceanside, which is kind of a shithole also but OK. The OC and LA are kind of tough, but both are filled with ! Mexicans so you might have lunch there. Ventura County has Oxnard, which is a shithole and filled with Mexicans, but possibly cheaper than places further south. The city of Ventura has the boulevard which is a shithole and filled with Mexicans, but is otherwise OK. Goleta is filled with Mexicans and college students, and is probably expensive.

I live in Ventura County, in a place that isn't a shithole. Everything here is expensive, and I doubt you can even get a trailer in a shit hole for less than $1500. And good luck being an uneducated pothead trying to rent a room. Even just a room is going to be $800.

In conclusion, good luck, because you're going to need it.
>>
When I posted National City, I actually meant Imperial Beach. It's not as bad as Nasty City, but it too is a shithole.
>>
Keep your poor ass away from my island.
>>
>>1133826
I'm not uneducated
But I am a pothead and underemployed
I was hoping for somewhere for $400 a month
That sucks
>>
>>1133956

dude you will need like 5 roommates to get that price, not even joking.
>>
>>1133961
Like...anywhere in California even? I'm interested in living in the desert as well just somewhere with a different climate than temperate woodland/cold winters
>>
File: NYC-1900a.jpg (233KB, 800x591px) Image search: [Google]
NYC-1900a.jpg
233KB, 800x591px
>>1134073
Fuck it, I know it sounds shallow but at this point I'd like to live on the west coast, a few hours drive from the ocean, closer to where palm trees grow than not, I am college educated and intend to move into higher paying creative work and wont go out there till I have a car and some savings to work with. but i would be looking for somewhere I can build a comfy cheap base for a while. I know people will be like "oh fkn hippie headed out west to escape their problems" but I'm 24 and have spent 23 and a half years in the region where I was born and want to start anew
Pic is historical photo of nyc which I have been to a bunch whoopdeedoo
>>
>>1134076
you sound fucking stupid. california is easily the worst state in the union outside of the deep south for anyone who isn't a lawyer or financier.

take your head out of your ass and realize that moving to a place "a FEW hours from the beach" is not going to fix your mental problems.

there is no creative work in cali. there are few jobs period in cali. there is no where cheap that isn't riddled with gun crime and/or severe drug problems. more and than or.

more people leave california than come nto california even counting illegal immigration. if you come here you deserve what happens to you.
>>
>>1134096
Californian here can confirm.
I'm trying to leave this damn place.
>>
Since we're on the topic of California... What's the weather and rent like over by Lake Tahoe?
>>
>>1134096
>>1134099

Not everyone is a loser like you guys, some people are successful and enjoy their lives here.
>>
>>1134096
Jesus christ, you're a fucking asshole. Dude just wants to live in cali by the beach, he's flexible, he's trying to make it work. Stop being a prick and give some worthwhile advice or shut the fuck up if you don't have any. Just because you don't know how to figure shit out doesn't mean that he won't.
Hey OP, follow your dream. There's lots of poor fucks in cali, so if they can scrape by then so can you.
>>
>>1134222
>you can be poor too if you try hard enough
>follow your dream to be poor
>wow he filled me with confidence, what great advice, I'm so glad I worked twice as hard as necesary to live n an expensive and dangerous place just for the status of living in a "cool" place
kys m8

>>1134132
u2 m8
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.