[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /trv/, britbong here. So I kind of have a free month of homeless/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: eu.jpg (16KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
eu.jpg
16KB, 500x334px
Hi /trv/, britbong here. So I kind of have a free month of homeless/ joblessness during August, and a shitload of money to waste. Thinking of going backpacking round Europe, but no real experience. Some questions...

1) The obvious one - what are some nice places to visit/ things to do? My plan atm is to fly out east and city hop like a pleb mostly - Budapest, Vienna, Prague, Munich, Berlin, Amsterdam etc. but I do really have a love for nature too and I wondered if there were any 'off the beaten path' wonders of nature you might recommend? Only place I'm not really bothered with is Italy, seen a lot of it already. I've been to Stockholm and seen a lot of Norway earlier this year too so they're out for now.

2) Is an interrail pass actually a good way to do this or not? On the one hand pre-booking a load of flights/ trains everywhere seems like a whole load of hassle, unless it would really be significantly cheaper as to be worth the extra constraints and stress. But on the other and, I want to pre-book all accomodation because I can't stand the thought of having nowhere to sleep at night, not knowing how much it will cost etc. So if I'm tied down by that anyway, should I just pre-book everything?

3) As someone who is abjectly terrified of other people to the point that I can barely hold a conversation (I hesitate to self-diagnose but I'm pretty sure I have social anxiety disorder or avoidant personality disorder or something in that vein. let's just say I'm autistic) I'm just wondering how other social hermit first-time travellers cope/ coped? I'm not expecting to blossom and break out of my shell or anything, I'd just like some general tips on socializing, because obviously it would be nice to meet SOME people even if I am mostly a loner.

Sorry for rambling. Opinions/ answers on all or any of these questions welcomed. Thanks.
>>
If you are in Bavaria (near Munich) check out Chiemsee and it's islands. Also go for the castle in Neuschwanstein. It's not necessary to go inside though. Also check out Königssee if you're around. And make sure to not be in Munich during Oktoberfest or else you'll blow all of your money there for hotels and beer.
>>
>>1132528
Check out some cool smaller spots like Strasbourg, Ghent, Trier, Plzn, Brno, Krakow, etc.

Skip amsterdam. It's all hype.
>>
>>1132534
>>1132549
Thanks, but

>Skip amsterdam. It's all hype.

What makes you say this?
>>
>>1133138
I live near it. If it's on your route, by all means. But stay for a day, nothing more. Don't trouble yourself if it's not on your route. It's not the party and culture paradise people say it is. Most of the coffeeshops have tourist grade weed and food is overpriced. And if it's not you'll make up by paying overpriced drinks.
>>
>>1133138
I spent three days in Amsterdam and it was super fun. There's a ton of really weird shit there if you're willing to find it. It was the most fun city to just wander around in.

>>1133153
Rotterdam is a cheaper alternative with better weed. But it's not as fun to get lost in the city.
>>
>>1133164
ive been to amsterdam twice. the first time was fun, but i ran out of money halfway into the trip, which sucked, but it was otherwise fun. way too many people trying to sell me drugs.
second time i got way too high from a space cake, didnt do any of the things i wanted to, and honestly didnt remember the day at all.
>>
>>1132549
>Krakow
Not if you don't have gas-mask and can handle absolute degenerates and hispters.
Museums and Wawel are nice though
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.