[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am 30 years old, and have the opportunity to go work a year in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Canada_0.jpg (44KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Canada_0.jpg
44KB, 640x426px
Am 30 years old, and have the opportunity to go work a year in either Canada, New Zealand, Australia and Taiwan. Honestly, it's between NZ and Canada at the moment. NZ because it's literally on the other side of the world, but it's an island, and actually pretty expensive. Canada is huge, and it has the US as a neighbour (I love travelling the US and Canada), so it has more 'opportunities' I guess? Australia used to have a romantic image for me but I'm not really attracted to loud people, racism and fucking dog sized bugs.
Taiwan, meh.

I will go there solo.

tl;dr go to NZ, Australia or Canada for a year to work/play?
>>
>I'm not really attracted to loud people, racism

What race are you?
>>
>>1127734
I'm white. But that doesn't mean I want this to happen, to others, around me. Western-Europe to be precise.
>>
I'm Canadian living in nz for the last 4 and a half months. Its fucking waaaaay overrated. I really want to go back home. Mind you 90% of Canada is shit. So home for me is downtown Toronto, whereas everything outside of it is shitty. It's up to preference. Auckland is the worst place on earth, and the rest of nz is countryside fuckwits. Beer and drugs are expensive. And northland mostly looks the same. Nice countryside but gets boring after a month. South island is cool, but still only towns, Dunedin is great, unless you like farming and bored to death. Nz is not worth it
>>
>>1127763
I've been to Toronto and I loved it. I did notice that around the GTA there isnt a lot to do. But 90% shit?
>>
>>1127739
How can you be a 30 yr old white male and be triggered by racism?

Canada was designed for faggots cunts like you though so you should go live there
>>
>>1127804
faggots cunts
poor English
American spotted
>>
>>1127806
>constantly butthurt about americans
i guess you are canadian then
>>
>>1127807
go back to /b/ and attempt poor trolling there bud
>>
>>1127772
nonsense, there's plenty to do.
>>
>>1127763
Nice b8 m8
>>
Lol, so derailed for no obvious reasons.
>>
Australian people aren't actually particularly racist, in fact in comparison to most foreigners i've met, your average non-white trash Australian is fairly tolerant. Same goes for the loudness thing. Biggest problem with Australia is the high cost of living and remoteness from the rest of the world.
>>
Out of curiosity OP, what line of work are you in that's given you this opportunity? Will you be tied down to a particular place in the countries you've mentioned, or will you have the freedom to go pretty much wherever you want?

I spent a few months in Alberta and absolutely loved it, so I'd recommend Canada. Really is paradise for people who love the outdoors. I've never been to any of the other places though, so I can't really offer a comparison.
>>
>>1129206
No it's nothing like that and I now realise I should have mentioned it in the first post.

In my country i can get a Visa for Taiwan, South Korea, Canada, NZ and Australia to work there for a year. This opportunity ends after hitting 31. It's called a working holiday, so a combination of travel and work. I can even combine countries (say 6 months AU and then do the same in NZ).

And yeah, for the travel part I'm mostly into /out/.
>>
>>1129217
I don't even HAVE to work, just have proof of money to exit the country. Working and making money just prolongs the experience.
>>
kiwis are racist as fuck
you wont earn any money
like you said, everythings expensive

for money, go to Australia.
for pure lifestyle where you can go hiking in beautiful nature within an hour drive of the biggest cities, go to NZ
>>
>>1129223
DO you really think the income difference between Ne Zealand and Australia would be that great?

I would assume that their earnings are nearly the same, making NZ the better choice because it's a nicer country.
>>
>>1129225
Minimum wage in NZ is NZD15.25.
Minimum casual wage in Aus is AUD21.60. (Full time is less but comes with holiday pay, the chances of you getting fulltime is pretty much zero)

1NZD=0.95 AUD

So you should make roughly a third more in Aus. (That's is assuming you do the same minimum wage work every other backpacker does)

I don't know how expenses compare.
>>
I would combine NZ and Oz. You can freely interchange between the two on those visas too.

Canada Visum is a lot harder to get, and the processing time is a joke.
>>
Bumping out of mutual intrest
>>
>>1129217

Alberta is incredible. Just get a job at a lodge and take advantage of all the nature that's around you. Aus and NZ are overrated.
>>
>>1131253
I'm fairly sure NZ and Oz have more options for /out/ than some rockies and boring Calgary.
>>
File: 20160616_090744.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160616_090744.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>1131258

Yes, so boring. My picture from a week ago.

Once you get done with the Lord of the Rings tour, check back in here. There is literally no end to gorgeous shit you can see in Alberta.
>>
>>1131259
Fairly sure that pic isn't downtown Calgary. The latter which i called boring.
>>
>>1131259
How about working in Alberta? Whats the job market like?
>>
>>1131305

The city is growing, but it depends what you're into. You say you're /out/ so you can literally get hired as a waiter and spend your days outside before work. Just find one of the thousands of hotels since you don't really care about the money aspect.
>>
>>1127732
If you're from the US, then go to NZ. If you're from anywhere else, coin toss in my opinion. Canada is bigger and near the US, but NZ is a lot of fun too, and great wine, and near Oz.
>>
>>1127763
Torontonians are cunts
>>
>>1131258
Ionno man, there's like 8 different mountain ranges in the lower half of british columbia alone. Then you get the coastal wetlands, the dry desert like conditions around the okanagan and lilloet, then you get pacific rain forests, miles of incredible beaches, world class ski hills.

Among all of that is just 4 million people spread out over a province the size of most european countries.
>>1131305
Depends on what kind of work you are trying to find. Alberta is currently going through a recession due to the low oil cost. But the government is trying to implement a 15$ minimum wage so it might be worthwhile just to get some job at a resteraunt like this dude suggested and try out that route.

If I were you I'd probably choose to split my time between australia and new zealand to get two countries under the belt. But Canada is fuckhuge and it has several different types of environments and lifestyles to explore. Great amount of diversity in this country, most of which is kind of boring. But if you're only staying for a year then it might get you more experience for your time compared to the south pacific countries.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.