[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What airports are the worst in terms of theft by employees? Casablanca,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: luggage-bag-security-tips.jpg (53KB, 600x508px) Image search: [Google]
luggage-bag-security-tips.jpg
53KB, 600x508px
What airports are the worst in terms of theft by employees? Casablanca, Johannesburg, Manila..
>>
I've only once had something stolen from my luggage (a swiss army knife) and that was in Johannesburg.
>>
>>1122839
Only time I've had something stolen (a printer in a checked suitcase) was on a long Asian itinerary. Could have been in Taipei, Hong Kong, Bangkok, or Khon Kaen. I don't generally have appliances in my luggage anymore.
>>
>>1122839
Johannesburg can be pretty bad if you dont pay attention to your belongings. There is visible security walking about, but it doesn't necessarily deter some opportunists.

Also be aware that there have been recent reports about a crime syndicate on flights to Asian countries where they ransack your overhead stored luggage when you're either asleep or gone to the bathroom.
>>
>>1122839

Reason #879 to only travel with carry on luggage.
>>
>>1122927

How do you bring your swiss army knife that way?

I do hope you dont travel without a swiss army knife
>>
>>1122927
Literally just thinking that

Means you'll have to wash clothes, and repack the bag every time you change location (or it won't all fucking fit), but there's no better way to travel imo
>>
>>1122927
>Reason #879 to only travel with carry on luggage.
You mean why you put valuables in your carryon and you put that bag under the seat in front of you. Ideally locked.
>>
>>1122839
In Manila you'll just get a bullet placed in your bag.
>>
It's pretty pleb to keep expensive things in luggage anyway, just keep clothes in there; always keep expensive stuff in hand luggage
>>
>>1123029
Patagonia MLC bags and scottevest jackets with tons of pockets. You can even get gear that is appropriate for business trips. Your stuff gets stolen everywhere, just more overseas.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/13/us/airport-luggage-theft/

Outside of Japan, Korea, and Singapore, crime will happen.
>>
>>1122968
>not wearing thin dryfit whenever you can

Who does laundry on vacation?
>>
>>1123187
>dryfit
Is this just a marketing term for polyester shirts?

Not knocking it, I love poly shirts. I give them a quick wash in the shower and they're dry in a few hours, no window or anything required

Hoping to just replace all my travel clothes with poly / outdoor performance shit so I don't need to do laundry and wick away the sweat
>>
>>1123179
>scottevest jackets

That looks awesome, do you have one? Is it worth getting or is it only good for hiding valuables, not waterproof, breathable etc
>>
>>1123195
Don't buy it just for travel. Buy the jackets and wear it as your daily outerwear, that way you will get full value. They are very expensive for the material quality, as they are very labor intensive to make.

If you live in a cooler climate, you could get a fleece with the pockets and wear a waterproof layer over it. You could then put your overcoat in your carry on and get on the plane just wearing the fleece. In warmer climates, your are pretty much stuck with the vest, which you will most likely take off because it is too warm. Making it not worth it.

Since I don't need to use laptops for travel anymore, and the jacket hold small tablets, all my valuables are on my person, and my carry on just has extra clothes. Many male city dwelling commuters that use public transportation like using these jackets since they then do not have to carry a purse.
>>
>>1123195
looks like an idiot gimmick
>>
>Tfw I'm traveling to work overseas for two months and I'm putting my work laptop in my check in luggage

Am I fucked?
>>
>>1123193
As I understand it, the fibers are woven in a different special way. Although polyester, it's clearly not the same as a polyester dress shirt (god forbid) or something.
>>
>>1123311

Better copy all your stuff to an external HDD or if its small files oa a USB.
>>
>>1123195
I fail to see any special advantage of this jacket.
It has a lot of pockets. Wow.
Seriously, it just looks as a way to milk rich dumb geeks to me. Simply get a jacket/coat with many pockets, pay half the price or much less, depending on your style.
>>
>>1123704
>Seriously, it just looks as a way to milk rich dumb geeks to me

Welcome to the marketing world, kid.
>>
>>1123311
Why? You're allowed a carry on + a laptop bag on every airline I'm aware of. They don't like laptops in checked in luggage, y'see
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.