[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/, I'm heading to Europe for 20 days this August,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: utrecht.jpg (549KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
utrecht.jpg
549KB, 1536x1152px
Hey /trv/,
I'm heading to Europe for 20 days this August, flying in and out of Frankfurt. This will be my first solo trip, although not my first time to Europe. Here's my city itinerary so far in terms of where I'll be spending each night. Any recommendations/suggestions for my itinerary? My budget is approximately $100 per day, although I'd be willing to go higher than that to do something really cool.

2 nights Ghent (probably day trip to Bruges or Antwerp)
5 nights Amsterdam
2 nights Utrecht
5 nights Berlin
4 nights Prague
1 night Frankfurt (flight out is in the morning)

Thanks!
>>
>>1121061
Not bad, I like it. I'd say spend one night less in Amsterdam and spend one in Antwerp or Brussels, but that's about it.
>>
You'll see enough amsterdam in 2 days. Maybe try fitting in Kopenhagen or London (going from ghent or brussels to london or paris is really easy). When in Ghent, you should have lunch at one of the new "flemish foodie" places (try Publiek, Volta, Karel De Stoute, Oak, Vrijmoed) or have a weekend brunch at De Superette. Be Sure to book a table a couple of months in advance (you can do this on their websites). These are all fancy "michelin star" places with young chefs. The lunches are mostly affordable (27euro's).
>>
>>1121091
I've already been to Paris many times, so I'll probably skip that, but I was not aware that London was that accessible. Is there really much to be seen in London in just a few days?

As far as Amsterdam goes, I'll probably be going on a bike trip outside the city for at least one day, but I'll look in to cutting that down.
>>
>>1121093
To clarify, I'm asking if I can really see enough of London in a few days to make visiting worth it?
>>
I'm wondering why you'd choose so many days in the Netherlands. (I'm Dutch so welcome!)

Think another day in Antwerp or Brussels would be better indeed, instead of 5 nights in Amsterdam. Maybe, on the way from Antwerp to Amsterdam, go visit Rotterdam (or Delft).

Have a nice stay!
>>
>>1121114
I knew I wanted to visit Amsterdam, so I did research on how many days there was reasonable. Clearly there's not one right answer though, so thank you for your input!

I'll probably check our Rotterdam also, didn't realize it was so close to The Hague, and I actually have a friend there to visit.
>>
>>1121094
Certainly. Science museum and National Museum are close enough to each other, and excellent (it you're into that type of stuff)
Plenty of shit to see all over. Camden markets are great. Don't worry about seeing everything in one go, you can always go back some other time.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.