[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time visiting NYC. What are the "musts"? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 092183098120983.jpg (513KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
092183098120983.jpg
513KB, 1920x1080px
First time visiting NYC. What are the "musts"? I've never been in the US in the first place, so everything here is kinda new.

So far I've taken a picnic at central park, eaten pretty good pizza, visited a shake shack, taken the subway everywhere. I checked out natural history museum and transit museum as well earlier, intrepid is in the schedule next week.

I wanted to visit a costco, but apparently they're a member only place. I guess I'm going to check out Macy's and oakley store at least tomorrow.

I like your city and most of you guys seem pretty friendly and caring. Some elderly lady even stopped yesterday to ask if I needed help when I was checking out google maps on my phone on the sidewalk.
>>
Have you checked out places like the East and/or Greenwich Village, and SoHo? Have you been to Queens or Brooklyn yet? I typically just enjoy going for after breakfast walks around some neighborhoods around the city.
>>
>>1117476
Sounds like you've already done some musuems, but maybe the MoMa? iirc it's pay-what-you-want to get in.
>>
I've walked quite a bit this week around queens, brooklyn and manhattan. In fact I even got some blisters :) I've walked along manhattan bridge and I'm going to walk the brooklyn bridge as well too.

>>1117481

Thanks, gonna check it out. Website says $25, though.

Anything special on staten island?

This is my first vacation in three years and flights+accommodation costing me $11000 I'd like to see all the things I've read about
on 4chan
>>
>>1117599
I'll be flying into NYC at about 215 PM Eastern today!

This will be my 4th trip to NYC, I love that city. Check out Coney Island and while your down in that area, go eat at L&B Spumoni Gardens. Get a couple slices of pie and some spumoni.
>>
>>1117599
I can't think of anything special on Staten Island, but you should take the (free) ferry there and back, to see the harbor while resting your feet.
>>
>>1117630
You can get great looks at Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty if you take the free Staten Island ferry
>>
>>1117599
>costing me $11000
>wants to visit Costco
seriously?
>>
Gonna be living in NYC for a month this summer for work. Should I get a subway pass or bring my bike? Does the Amtrak vermonter service allow bikes?
>>
going to NYC next week
where do i go to exchange my money to US dollars? i would think any currency converters at the airport will overcharge you
>>
>>1117599
Where the fuck are you coming from and staying that costs 11k?
>>
>>1117808
Had to bring my family with me, so three people, three weeks.

My kid goes to sleep pretty early in the evening so I had to get an accommodation with a separate bedroom and those dont come cheap. I'm staying in manhattan.

>>1117802

Just use ATMs and draw money off your credit card? It costs something like $3.5 for $100.

>>1117698
> Should I get a subway pass or bring my bike?

What I've seen, I'd do both. Subway is a really comfy way to get around quickly, but for shorter distances it would be quicker to get around on a bike. Bike's gotta be a beater, though.
>>
File: VA920_102_4175.jpg (84KB, 601x400px) Image search: [Google]
VA920_102_4175.jpg
84KB, 601x400px
>>1117864
Im living and working in manhattan, does that change anything? i want to bring my retro roadbike commuter pic related
>>
>>1117945
Is that a fixie?

Swing that on over here, pal.
>>
>>1117964
Not a fixie, no. And i plan to. I suspect Amtrak will charge me some bullshit fee for bringing it though.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.