[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /trv/ Long time shitposter, second time OP here. Going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: krakow.jpg (6MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
krakow.jpg
6MB, 4288x2848px
Sup /trv/

Long time shitposter, second time OP here.

Going to Krakow for a few days with a buddy while I'm in Europe this summer. We chose the city solely because it fitted our schedules. I didn't know anything about the place - just figured that you can't go wrong with European cities. Didn't even know that's where Auschwitz is... so I guess I'm going to Auschwitz.

Anyway, would appreciate tips from you guys for Krakow. Specifically:

Not interested in renting a car - what's the best way to visit Auschwitz from a central Krakow hotel?

How about the other tourist shit? What's pricey-but-worth-it, pricey-but-not-worth-it, hidden-gem, etc...? All info appreciated.

And we will be drinking in the evenings. 2 guys. No Polish skills. Never been to Poland. Know nobody there. Where's cool?
>>
File: pioneer.jpg (132KB, 1600x669px) Image search: [Google]
pioneer.jpg
132KB, 1600x669px
Oh, and also how about getting from the airport to downtown late afternoon?

Is there a decent public transport method we should use or should we just get a taxi?
>>
Just got home from work.

Nothing?

Nobody?
>>
>>1116064
Polish background and been to Kraków.

Any decent hotel can set you up with bussing to auschwitz (unfortunely I don't remeber if public bidding already exists).

There's definitely a free walking tour available that'll take you to all the sites so you can have an idea of what to visit.

There's a da Vinci painting in the castle (not the one in your photo, which is a bazaar).
>>
>>1116064
Another great site to visit is the salt mines. It's that, auschwitz, and maybe a third site that are the main attractions.
>>
>>1116492
>>1116493
Thank you good sir

I'll definitely check the Da Vinci off. That castle looks awesome, as do the salt mines.

Anyone got anything RE: airport transport and nightlife?
>>
>>1116064
Was there for easter. Just take the train from the airport to the central train station. Costs 1.5 dollars if I remember correctly.

As for going out we found some very cool bars around Kazimierz, the old jewish quarter, especially the one called.. Alchemia. Shit is haunted as fuck though.

Didnt go to auschwitz, fuck that. Went to the salt mines though. DO THE MINERS TOUR, not the regular one.

Go to Tektura and Karma for good coffee.
>>
>>1116589
Train from Airport to Krakow Glowny (I think that's the station)

Kasimierz for nightlife. It's mostly centered around a square w/ a food court in the middle.

Try to male your way out to the Mound just outside the city. Gives you a vantage point of the entire city.

The regular Salt Mine tour is a waste of money. Do the Polish guided tour if you insist. It's cheaper and I'm sure you won't remember much of what they say anyway.
>>
>>1116064
It's really easy to get to Auschwitz, just get a public bus from the Krakow main bus station to Oświęcim. There are frequent buses and there will almost certainly be other tourists around, so you should get there ok. It'd be much cheaper than going on a hotel tour, too
>>
>>1116589
>nightlife
You'll get approached by a whole lot of men and also women around the central square and the streets around it wanting you to come to a bar, or go drinking with them. Obviously you don't want to do that.
>>
>>1116064
You can go to Auschwitz by train.
About Krakow, I recommend you to reserve at least one day to Auschwitz and other to the salt mine.
Da Vinci's paiting is this one.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (32KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
32KB, 720x960px
OP here again.

Thanks anons, this is a lot of help.

Some more questions if anyone wants to keep being generous.

What's a sensible price for a pint of beer? Not trying to out-deal the locals or anything, just not trying to get tourist-trapped too badly.

Is there any decent local craft beer or should I shut up about that and just stick to local lager?

Is there any reason to drink any more than the token amount of vodka?

And will the bars be open late and be lively midweek?
>>
>>1116950
Beer should cost around $2, maybe $2.5 for 0.5l in a pub. Anything above that I'd consider expensive.
There's a metric fuckton of good craft beers on the market, but availability in a lot of pubs might be a problem since they tend to stock up on the cheaper stuff that sells easily. Check out big liquor stores. It's hard to recommend anything specific since you're likely to have trouble finding a shop that stocks it, but I'm fond of beers from Perun or Ale Browar. Out of mid-range and more common brands, Lwówek is probably the best.
The reason to drink a lot of vodka is to get smashed and enjoy the ritual.
Bars should be open late in midweek too, doubly so in a place as touristy as Kraków. Heavy drinking usually starts from thursdays, since university students tend to have fridays off.
>>
File: ivegotballsofsteel.jpg (14KB, 352x224px) Image search: [Google]
ivegotballsofsteel.jpg
14KB, 352x224px
>>1117119
Thanks man.

Damn, anons really came through here.

Will check back to see if anyone has more.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.